RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
oops wrong thread .. i was reading and lost track of where I was.. removed
Quote this message in a reply
The Magistrate asked the first question for you after listening to your first request. You can speak normally for now because you're just give it information. If you had another question or request then you would have reverse the order of the words.

I'm sorry for any confusion.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
(12-05-2017, 06:55 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Hi Forge!  Welcome back.  Yeah, after disposing of the wretched spider-thing, we found ourselves in Steampunk-land and Selina nearly had a nervous breakdown just walking around.

Long overdue but I wanted to say, I particularly found Selina's responses to situations very entertaining. :Smile 

On another note, I updated Forge's experience and looked at my character sheet.  Under languages I have two ? marks, probably because Forge has a +2 intelligence but Warforged only begin play knowing common.  I don't recall my line of thought for putting two ? marks down but I wanted to know If I could add two languages that Forge might have learned?  Honestly I kinda want to let others/DM pick them if he would get two extra languages.  Pigeon, I think is the local language correct?  I know it was mentioned somewhere but I can't find it.

Thanks,
Forgey McForgeface
(12-18-2017, 02:05 AM)Forge Wrote: On another note, I updated Forge's experience and looked at my character sheet.  Under languages I have two ? marks, probably because Forge has a +2 intelligence but Warforged only begin play knowing common.  I don't recall my line of thought for putting two ? marks down but I wanted to know If I could add two languages that Forge might have learned?  Honestly I kinda want to let others/DM pick them if he would get two extra languages.  Pigeon, I think is the local language correct?  I know it was mentioned somewhere but I can't find it.

Thanks,
Forgey McForgeface

I have no problem with you or me picking your languages.  Your languages would most likely either come from Eberron or the Cantus Region.  There's also a smaller possibility of languages from other worlds.  This is due to the barriers between worlds cracking so you could have walked through a portal or been suddenly transported when realities merged briefly or, because you are from another time you could have even been part of the last Planar Conjunction that caused wide spread destruction a few centuries ago.  You could have been buried and placed into statis by one of the thousands of aetherquake that rocked the planet.

The dictionary defines Pidgin as follows:
Quote:a grammatically simplified form of a language, used for communication between people not sharing a common language. Pidgins have a limited vocabulary, some elements of which are taken from local languages, and are not native languages, but arise out of language contact between speakers of other languages.

denoting a simplified form of a language, especially as used by a nonnative speaker

So in game if you do not have Speak Language as one of your Class Skills, you may spend 1 skill point to become familiar with one language instead of paying 2 skill points to learn the whole language.  This will allow you to be familiar with more languages.  The only downside is in certain situations you might receive a penalty to language dependant skills depending upon what you're trying to accomplish.  If you pretend to be a merchant from another land then there wouldn't be any penalty.  If you're talking to some peasants and you try to impersonate a local noble then you would get a rather hefty penalty because they would be wondering why you're talking like a non-native speaker (No local accent, using simple words, etc.).

If you do have Speak Languages as a Class skill then simplifying languages is much more easier for you.  You can pick two Pidgin languages for every skill point you put into Speak Languages.

Every language can have a pidgin form.  Though some races do look down upon simplifying (read: butchering) their language.

Edit: You can at a later time fully buy the language by simply paying one more point for the Speak Language skill.  Or if you have the Speak language skill as a Class skill then you can upgrade two Pidgin languages for one point.
For Selina and  Kee, I'm not sure if you're aware of Initiate Feats.  They are a special class of feats that only characters of a particular god can pick up.  Due to the fact that Forgotten Realms have to be so Extra all the time and also Selune is an incredibly important goddess in that setting, she has quite a few extra spells available to her Worshipers.  I will keep a look out for Greyhawk information regarding Heironeous that I may add to his initiate Feat abilities so the feats are a little more balanced with each other.  Though I do think that Heironeous' bonus to damage could potentially be used more often than the bonuses initiates of Selune receive for casting Augury and Divination.

I added links to spells that I could find links to online.  Otherwise I just copied the info from the source.

Initiate of Heironeous:

Your strong faith in Heironeous grants you special powers.

Prerequisite:
Ability to cast 3rd-level divine spells; patron deity Heironeous.

Benefit:
When fighting with a longsword, you deal an extra 1d4 points of damage against evil targets. If the target possesses an aura of evil or is an evil-aligned outsider you instead deal 1d6 extra points of damage.
In addition, you may add the following spells to one of your divine spell lists.

2nd - Mark of Justice, Lesser*: designates action that will trigger curse on subject.
3rd - Bless, Greater*: Allies gain +1 per 4 levels on attack rolls and saves against fear.
4th - Righteousness of Heironeous*: You deal extra damage against evil targets.

Mark of Justice, Lesser:
Necromancy
Level: Initiate of Heironeous 2

This spell is identical to Mark of Justice except as indicated here.  Choose one of the following three effects:
  • -3 decrease to an ability score (minimum 1).
  • -2 penalty on attack rools, saves, ability checks, and skill checks.
  • Each round, the target has a 25% chance to take no action; otherwise, it acts normally.
Bless, Greater:
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind Affecting]
Level: Initiate of Heironeous 3, Initiate of Pelor 3

This spell functions like Bless except that the bonus is equal to +1 per three caster levels, to a maximum of +5.

Righteousness of Heironeous
Transmutation
Level: Initiate of Heironeous 4
Components: V, S, DF
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute/level
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

Heironeous aids you in defeating those who would do the most evil in the world.  for the duration of this spell, you deal 2d4 points of damage against evil targets with your longsword rather than the normal 1d4 granted by the Initiate of Heironeous feat.  If the target is an evil outsider, you instead deal an additional 2d6 points of damage.  This bonus damage only applies to attacks made using a longsword.

Initiate of Selune 

You have been initiated into the greatest secrets of Selune's church.

Prerequisite:
Cleric, druid, hathran, or ranger 3rd, patron deity Selune,

Benefit:
You cast augury and divination spells at +5 caster level.
In addition, you may add the following spells to you cleric, Harper agent, hathran, or ranger spell list.

1st - Handfire: Your melee touch attack deals 1d8 damage +1/level (max +5) against undead.
3rd - Moon Blade: Touch attack deals 1d8 damage +1/two levels, more to undead, plus scrambles spellcasting.
4th - Strength of the Best: You gain benefi ts of your lycanthropic animal form while in human form.
4th - Wall of Moonlight: Creates a luminous wall that deals 4d12 damage to undead and 2d10 damage to evil creatures and clergy of Shar or Umberlee, illuminates are and counters/dispels darkness.
5th - Moon Path: Grants sanctuary to 1 creature/level.
5th - Moonweb: Creates a glowing shield that gives +8 bonus to AC and +4 bonus on Reflex saves, plus improved evasion.

Special:
The moon blade and moon path spells also appear on the Moon domain list. With this feat, you can cast them as regular cleric spells, not just domain spells.
Thanks Marvel! Some of those look really interesting. Is retroactive changing allowed or no?
Selina is right. I am always amazed how you are able to dig this stuff up. Thanks.
(12-19-2017, 06:11 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Thanks Marvel!  Some of those look really interesting.  Is retroactive changing allowed or no?

Yes, I usually do allow changes when I find information from an obscure source.  But if a feat is swapped I would prefer if you swapped out a feat you've never really used.  If for example you're a Barbarian who devastates every foe with Power Attack then you shouldn't swap it out for something different.
(12-19-2017, 06:35 PM)Forge Wrote: Selina is right. I am always amazed how you are able to dig this stuff up.  Thanks.

Thanks!  Cool   I'm always on the look out for interesting options for the players.  Initiate of Selune appeared in The Player's Guide to Faerun but Initiate of Heironeous was printed in an old Dragon Magazine.  I came across it and thought the Priests might be interested.
Well then... the only feat that qualifies for her is the one she hasn’t actually used yet. Extra Granted Maneuver was her lvl 3 Feat and I don’t think we’ve been in combat yet. I would like to exchange that for Initiate of Selune. Because +5 to caster level is never anything to sneeze at, especially for Divination spells. Some of the spells are also really interesting, especially when in conjunction with where TCOSA seems to be heading.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon