RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
I finally found the PM. For some reason I'm not getting alerts about receiving PMs. Oh well. I'll try to get something up here and in Kingmaker as soon as I can.

EDIT: also, about this post...

**The Magistrate pauses for anyone else to speak up and when the room remains silent he replies, "If this small man is not an associate then why does he allow you to speak for him? But if you do speak the truth then the rest of you are only in slightly less trouble. Generally speaking, New Crobuzon has a zero tolerance policy against outworlders."

"In the distant past a group of outworlders came to our world. They promised technological and Thaumatugical advancement beyond any world's wildest dreams. We accepted their offer gratefully. Stupidly. But we were young and trusting of our outworlder friends. They did give us what was promised but they also enslaved the population. Eventually we rose up and drove the Outworlders from our dimension and since have been always watchful of other Outworlders who might attempt to brutally enslave us again..."**

It seems to be written in such a way as to ignore anyone else who wants to insert their post. Just the way the first paragraph is written and then it flows on into a completely different direction so as to make anything posted retroactively seem unnecessary and off-topic. Apologies if this sounds like i'm persnickety, but I'm still feeling a bit raw.
Quote this message in a reply
I realized when I was typing the post that I was doing a bit of a jump from speaking of terrorist allegations to a history lessen but I never intended ignore or hinder anyone else's input.  If that's how it came across then I apologize.  At the time I felt the Magistrate should at least give a reason for their xenophobia before the questioning continued.
I'm going to take a shorter vacation from saturday to saturday. IMHO I could be post as usually but who knows. If I don't react in this period then handle my PCs as DMPC.
Hi all. Forge was playing the strong silent type the whole time right???? I'm still reading through the many posts I missed. The world is painted very vividly if not hellishly... kinda like a magical Gotham City and the villains run the place. I love the Remade. I wonder if some people want the procedure done on purpose? Does it work on warforged? Can we get wings? Does a Fox's nose give one scent? So many questions.
Hi Forge! Welcome back. Yeah, after disposing of the wretched spider-thing, we found ourselves in Steampunk-land and Selina nearly had a nervous breakdown just walking around.
(12-05-2017, 04:15 PM)Forge Wrote: Hi all.  Forge was playing the strong silent type the whole time right???? I'm still reading through the many posts I missed.  The world is painted very vividly if not hellishly... kinda like a magical Gotham City and the villains run the place.  I love the Remade.  I wonder if some people want the procedure done on purpose?  Does it work on warforged? Can we get wings? Does a Fox's nose give one scent? So many questions.

Yes people can be ReMade on purpose.  ReMade are pretty much treated as criminals because criminals are usually the ones ReMade.  I'm not sure if Warforged would be able to be ReMade.  I will have to get back to you on that but it is probably possible to create mechanical parts that simulated many of the abilities.

Gaining the Scent ability is one of the Enhancements you can pick up and probably wings are possible too.  Some other enhancements are Aquatic Prosthesis', Natural Armor Enhancements, Spring-loaded Jumper, Multi-limbs, Wheels or Tentacles, Weapon Attachment, Wakeful Engine so no rest is required, as well as others.
(12-05-2017, 07:23 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(12-05-2017, 04:15 PM)Forge Wrote: Hi all.  Forge was playing the strong silent type the whole time right???? I'm still reading through the many posts I missed.  The world is painted very vividly if not hellishly... kinda like a magical Gotham City and the villains run the place.  I love the Remade.  I wonder if some people want the procedure done on purpose?  Does it work on warforged? Can we get wings? Does a Fox's nose give one scent? So many questions.

Yes people can be ReMade on purpose.  ReMade are pretty much treated as criminals because criminals are usually the ones ReMade.  I'm not sure if Warforged would be able to be ReMade.  I will have to get back to you on that but it is probably possible to create mechanical parts that simulated many of the abilities.

Gaining the Scent ability is one of the Enhancements you can pick up and probably wings are possible too.  Some other enhancements are Aquatic Prosthesis', Natural Armor Enhancements, Spring-loaded Jumper, Multi-limbs, Wheels or Tentacles, Weapon Attachment, Wakeful Engine so no rest is required, as well as others.

BUT, Level adjustment.. ICK!!!
(12-05-2017, 08:24 PM)Betimi Wrote: BUT, Level adjustment.. ICK!!!

There is actually TWO ways to become ReMade.  You can either start as a ReMade (Which most likely does give the player a +1 Level Adjustment but it's negotiable depending upon the enhancement) or you can find a Biothaumaturge -- A five level Arcane Prestige Class -- to graft an enhancement to your body which acts much like a magic item (So no level adjustment).

There are infinite possibilities when it comes to grafting body parts.  In theory, nearly any body part from any creature can be grafted onto a person, with many possible permutations for each addition.
Grafts fall into two main categories, beneficial and harmful.  

Wings have a special mention, yes you can be given wings but for them to function would require extensive remaking.  Because not only do you have to graft the wings, a standard bipedal would be much too heavy to fly.  So that would require a bone graft for hollow bones.  Then attaching working wing muscles and joints to creatures not born with them is inordinately difficult.  Even if these things were overcome, flying involves motions and movements that are infinitely more nuanced then simple up-and-down flapping; without the innate instincts of a flying creature, a normal bipedal would almost have no hope in mastering all the precise motions required for true flight.  To overcome this you would require massive brain surgery.  All this would cost a lot more than just buying a magical item that grants flight.  This would really only be an option for an individual who somehow lost their wings and needed to have their old wings reattached (if they've been preserved) or to attach brand new wings if the old ones were destroyed.

As for Scent, if you find an equal sized creature that has the scent ability (medium for humans), the ReMaker will remove your nose and nasal cavity and replace them with the donor's. This will leave the subject with a visibly different nose and the scent ability.  Price: 7000gp  Of course prices might change depending upon materials and whether the Biothaumaturge wants to perform the graft at cost.
That makes sense about the wings. I know there's a different process for Warforged to gain new parts. I was just curious about the Remade. Also, Forge wouldn't let anyone undergo a process like that without doing it himself. I think Selina had mentioned that if one of us does it then we all do it. And of course he is still operating on orders to protect the kobolds from before. Technically it's only been a day LOL! Somehow I see us all swapping each other's body parts in the Remaking process. Hehe. I like the story idea of the Remade, I don't want to actually be Remade! I figure Forge wouldn't be as disgusted as the others were since warforged have a different outlook on what life is in general. I need to buy gear still, just need a weapon (Greatsword or Greataxe, and javelins, adamantine if possible) and a light source. Forge can be a pack mule for the party as well. It looks like I already leveled him up to 2nd level but I have to double check how his strength increased. I think that was wishful thinking on my part.
ok...sooooo are we supposed to provide 7 words of information, in inverted order, and that's all he needs? Sounds relatively painless considering we are dealing with a Devil.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon