RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OoC thread
Leaving for a three day camping trip tomorrow, so I probably won't be able to post until Friday or so. Feel free to skip or NPC me until my return if need be. Just attempting to climb down and whack the stirges with my stick.
Quote this message in a reply
Ok no problem. Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
Yeah...that occurred to me as well. Clerics don't get Lesser Restoration till spell level 2 (cleric level 3). Why put ability-draining monsters in the game until then?

Btw, I'm not complaining to or questioning you in particular.
Stirges are damage not drain

Quote:Blood Drain (Ex)
A stirge drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution damage in any round when it begins its turn attached to a victim. Once it has dealt 4 points of Constitution damage, it detaches and flies off to digest the meal. If its victim dies before the stirge’s appetite has been sated, the stirge detaches and seeks a new target.

I think DM Marvel's point was that he might allow Heal skill to Heal damage with good rolls and high DC, but he will never allow it to heal drain.
Isn't it still a reduction of an ability?
Yes, but damage can be healed by rest whereas drain cannot.
Yes, Ability DAMAGE and Ability DRAIN both reduce ability scores but DRAIN is a supernatural attack and is therefore more difficult to treat and can possibly be permanent.  Ability DAMAGE is not permanent and will slowly come back like hit points do after rest.  

As for the Stirges, they cause Ability damage so Mardak isn't in any danger of losing his Con forever.  I just thought since Selina rolled so well, I would be nice and give him a point of his Con back.  

I've been searching for a way to make the heal skill a little more useful and I thought allowing it to be able to cure some ability damage could make the skill more attractive.  It's why I let the skill actually heal a few hit points so even players (or NPC's) who aren't priests can patch people up without exhausting all their spells on healing.
Well Mardak's took 6 points of Con damage.  With the heal skill, he received 1 back.  So Mardak's new Con before any other shenanigans happens is Con: 9 until he can rest to get it back to his normal Con of 14.  His Max HP as of now is 9/9 instead of 12/12.
Here's hoping we don't see battle until we can rest.
@Mardak you should get at least another point of con back every day.  Perhaps more if Selina continues to successfully treat you.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon