RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Rude Awakening
Eloric didn't really have much use for gods. He imagined they were pretty much, just Dark Lords who got stronger and escaped out into the universe to become less bothersome.  Still - He had known a cleric and a paladin who were quite devout and his old friends could do some fairly miraculous feats in the name of their god. So he didn't doubt they existed, just he really didn't feel comfortable trusting his eternal soul to some ancient nigh unfathomable being. 
Now studying them, well that was another story entirely. He found the dynamics, relationships and power plays of the gods all quite fascinating.  So, he strolled through the church absorbing what he could, and trying to pick up some of the new names the gods called themselves in this new world.
Quote this message in a reply
Cutter saw his long time friend struggling with some internal issue as they were about to enter this temple to strange Gods. He was a some times worshiper of Tymora the Goddess of luck and travel, but his personal opinion was that if anything he was maybe at best entertainment for the Goddess. There was a big difference between him and Khayman Cutter had personally seen the Wanderer, the chosen of the Lord of Battle. Laying waist to all that stood before him, the power of his God shinning for all to see. Cutter allmost new the lose Khayman felt. But unlike Kayman Cutter would over time find at least part of his previous power, after all he was a mage and still had access to at little power. Khayman was completely cut off from his God, Cutter couldn't imagine what his old friend was going through. Just before entering the Cathedral Cutter walk up to Khayman placing a hand on his should he spoke softly. Right now we may not be what we once were, and I might not know much but I do know three things. First we will eventually make our way back home. Second when we get there we will travel all the planes and destroy every facet of Dread on every plane. the third and most important thing I know one hundred percent for sure. You are in any form one of the most dangerous men I've ever met and I will follow you any were brother. With his feelings shared the elf silently walked into the church.
Benji admired the bas relief carvings while the group waited for the High Priest to arrive. He wasn't an adherent to any one particular religion, not even that of Apsu or Dahak (the draconic deities of good and evil dragons respectively). His clan did venerate dragons as a whole however, and the elders boasted of times past when Clan Arcath directly served some of those fearsome creatures. Benji held a particular affinity for the outgoing and mischievous brass dragons, for he was blessed to have their blood coursing through his veins.

That's not to say that Benji was dismissive of Golarion's gods. He paid due respects to deities when the situation was appropriate, such as Desna for safe travels, Cayden Cailean for mercifully short hangovers, and of course, Shelyn, the goddess of love and beauty, for musical inspiration. In fact, the little bard was convinced that The Eternal Rose herself had once visited him in a particularly vivid dream and bestowed a minor token of her favor onto him, as gentle encouragement for Benji to continue raising people's spirits through his works, no matter the medium or instrument.
The group entered the Church and looked at the bas reliefs and the saw depictions of The Gold Key of Abadar: The God of The First Vault, of course The Butterfly of Desna: The Goddess of Luck and Travelers, The Bow and Arrow of Erastil,: God of Family and The Hunt, The Leaf dripping water of Gozreh: The God of nature,  The Woman with the sun behind her and her lower body a blade of Saranrae, The Dawnflower: Goddess of Healing and Redemption, and finally The bird with a  long multicolored tail of Shelyn: Goddess of Love and Art.

Cade felt a tug in his soul when standing before the symbol of Gozreh. Robsen the same before Erastils symbol. Eloric felt something stir before Saranrae's. Cutter felt a calling from Desna. Benji and Merika saw nothing other than mere symbols.

Khaymen still felt the emptiness as nothing here reminded him of Marconius Stormbringer.

The Cathedral was a work of Art. As they moved around and studied, admired.  after a few minutes the acolyte reappeared and said Absalar will see you in the interior Veranda. Follow me.

Then He lead them out the opposite door from the one he had exited before and down a hall going inside the Cathedral and through a large circular room with stained glass panels in the roof allowing the waning light in. The colors of the stained glass were a circular of sky blue in the center and around it a golden yellow towards the front of the Cathedral. Next to it to the left, a light Green glass panel. Then a darker green one, to the west where they entered from, Then to the north was a panel of darker blue and finally to the east wrapping back to the gold panel was reddish orange pane of glass. Under each of the panels against the wall were statues of A Man holding an open book with scrolls in a case on his left hip., Looking at the book, with one of his hands pointing to the book under the gold pane. Next to the door they exited was a statue of a Hunter bearing a bow bathed in light green light.. To its left by a few feet a statue of an older man holding a trident in one hand and a lightning bolt in the other. His beard nearly down to his belt. Below his belt his body was a rolling mass of waves instead of legs. Dark green light looked upon it. To the North A winged woman with flames for hair holding a scimitar,in her right hand and her left held out palm forward.. This statue had dark blue light upon it. Finally against the west wall a woman kneeling playing a harp with a rose in her hair bathed by reddish orange light. In the center of the room of statues directly under the circle of light blue light was the statue of Desna a beautiful elven woman with gossamer butterfly wings. The Statue faced the where they entered from. Her arms were held out in a position of welcome. Opposite where they entered was another door. This door was open going out to a veranda where a table could be seen of fine marble, set with dishes and food and drink. It too was well lit with glass panes along the wall.
Benji had visited other churches before, some humble, some opulent. But he couldn't recall being in one as resplendent and richly decorated as this one. Sandpoint certainly spared no expense for their house of worship. He got pretty absorbed in the craftsmanship of the artwork, almost bumping into a wall a couple times, though he managed to course-correct and avoid smacking his nose into something.

The kobold forgot about the artwork as soon as they reached the veranda and discovered the table lavished with food and drink. He sniffed the air appreciatively and was about to climb onto a chair for a better look before he remembered his manners and stopped himself.

...These treatos for us? Benji asked the acolye hopefully, tail wagging like an excited pup.
Cutter walked up to the statue of Desna. So my fickle Lady this is what you look like in this reality. I guess I'll be dreaming of screwing a woman with butterfly wings tonight, Cutter flips a silver piece at the base of the statue as he leaves and heads out on to the veranda.
Robsen bows and salutes the statue of the hunter with a bow known as Erastil, and then leaves a silver piece at the statue's feet. Then joins Benji on the varanda.
Walking along behind the others, the old man kept his disdain for this cathedral well hidden behind of mask of stoicism. Never, in any of the churches of the Lord of Battle was such richest flaunted. The majority of the funds donated to the temples and churches were used to craft armor and weapons for the soldiers of the Stormbringer, not to pretty up the walls with lavishness and gaudy refinements. Shaking his head, he reminded himself that he was not in the world of the real Khayman, but on another world altogether.
Gradually everyone drifted to the Veranda.  . There were 5 tables with glass tops on bronze legs. 3 of them had 4 chairs each around them and plates, bowls, utensils, mugs and glasses. the other 2 had food and drink on them. There were warm meat pies of venison and pork, spiced potatoes, honeyed beets, peppercorn,  tangerines,  hot apple pie on one table. The other had carafes of coffee, wine, orange juice and pitchers of ale (both lager and stout), cold water and tea.

The Acolyte responded to Benji and said "yes Sir Copperclaw everything here is available for your repast."

Then from a door going back towards the priests chambers off the veranda a voice said "I received information youd be arriving today, and made sure you were well fed."

Eyes turned to see a middle-aged Varisian resplendant in Blue and White robes of Desna, with a Starknife on his belt. Never seeing that weapon before several of you eyed the 5 bladed weapon with a circular hilt. before turning back to the Kind faced man. "Im Abstalar Zanthus, a Humble servant to My Lady, The Tender of Dreams....Or Lady Luck to those not knowing her. I know of you Sir Benji Copperclaw, but f your friends I know nothing. Would it be asking too much to ask for introductions as you enjoy your meal? Then we can get to specifics of why I asked for your attention.

Then he looked at Cade and the Raptor and said "Would your companion like some fresh venison? I hadnt anticipated her attendance and did not lay any out." and with a glance at Chip on Cutters shoulder he added "Ive heard of your companion, but am unaware of what they eat...I can send for that as well."
Cutter waisted no time fixing a plate, he chose one meat pie the rest of his plate has filled with the fruits, Beets & Potatoes. Infact the Elf was peeling a tangerine when the priest asked about Chips dietary needs. Not to worry Sir my little friend enjoys many things you have already supplied for us to eat. Cutter holds the peeled Tangerine out towards the little monkey saying. If you want this yummy treat you have to thank the kind man first. Chip having not had any fruit slices in several hours leaps from cutters shoulder running across the floor he stands before the priest chittering away loudly. When the priest looks down at the tiny monkey, Chip places one hand behind his back and the other at his waist the  bows deeply, he holds the bow for a few seconds then does a back flip before rushing back to Cutter and climbing him like a tree. hen is rewarded with a juicy peeled tangerine which he takes and climbs up on the hand rail around the veranda before eating. Cutter choses Orange juice to wash his meal down with, having always believed that booze only clouds the judgment which why he's never drank Anyware but in his own chambers

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon