RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pathfinder AP: Adventure on the high seas!
A detailed character creation will be posted if this game gets going, but my standing rule is if its on www.d20pfsrd.com, I'm cool with it (Though 3pp and Psionics need permission.
Quote this message in a reply
So, @ PigLickJF, @ Stygianangel and @ Emps, if you guys are definitely in, I will ask a thread be made and we can get started.
So as per the Forum Request rules, let me lay down a little bit about how the game will operate.

The campaign with start at 2nd level. Stats are going to be on a point buy. I have ramped up how many Skill Points classes get in an effort to make all classes more flexible, and not make players think they have to focus solely on a select few.

There are a couple of things that I am going to ask the initial players to vote on. One being the use of the Crit Hit deck. The other the use of Plot Twist cards.

As for posting, I would like a minimum of 2-3 posts a week. Ideally every other day.
(07-25-2015, 05:09 AM)GammaBear Wrote: So, @ PigLickJF, @ Stygianangel and @ Emps, if you guys are definitely in, I will ask a thread be made and we can get started.

Well, I certainly can't wait!
However, I'll express my lack of knowledge about these Plot Twist cards and the crit hit deck, although I get vague ideas of what they are. Could you explain, please?
The Crit Hit deck is a cool varient that gives crit attacks extra abilities and conditions instead of rerolling your weapon damage. In the actual deck, you would draw a card and use the effect for the type of weapon (B, P, S or Magic). If you had x3 damage, you draw 2 and pick one. If you have x4, draw 3 and so on. There is a wide array of effects ranging from Bleed damage, to Score damage and drain and so on. Most all the effects still have you deal double damage, if not more. While players can use these any time, as the DM, I would only use them on manor NPCs and creatures.

Plot Twist cards are another awesome deck to run with games. Players are given 1 card at the start of the campaign and get one every level. Players play the cards whenever they want for one of the two possible effects on the card. One effect is a mechanics effect. Such as Target is Confused for 3 rounds, or Treat your next Knowledge roll as a 20, etc. The other possible effect are actual plot twists. Each cards has four possible twists, but the player chooses only one. These are things such as Something gets in the way, or A secret is revealed, etc.

Personally, I love the plot twist cards. They have brought a new level of excitement to my games.
(07-25-2015, 03:47 PM)GammaBear Wrote: The Crit Hit deck is a cool varient that gives crit attacks extra abilities and conditions instead of rerolling your weapon damage. In the actual deck, you would draw a card and use the effect for the type of weapon (B, P, S or Magic). If you had x3 damage, you draw 2 and pick one. If you have x4, draw 3 and so on. There is a wide array of effects ranging from Bleed damage, to Score damage and drain and so on. Most all the effects still have you deal double damage, if not more. While players can use these any time, as the DM, I would only use them on manor NPCs and creatures.

Plot Twist cards are another awesome deck to run with games. Players are given 1 card at the start of the campaign and get one every level. Players play the cards whenever they want for one of the two possible effects on the card. One effect is a mechanics effect. Such as Target is Confused for 3 rounds, or Treat your next Knowledge roll as a 20, etc. The other possible effect are actual plot twists. Each cards has four possible twists, but the player chooses only one. These are things such as Something gets in the way, or A secret is revealed, etc.

Personally, I love the plot twist cards. They have brought a new level of excitement to my games.

Ah, I see what you mean. Sure, I like the idea of using them.

Also, I decided to settle on a Chirugeon Alchemist, because I love that class, and no ship can go without a doctor! Even pirate ships! I assume we'll be using the standard two traits, one of which must be a campaign trait?
I like to use 3, but they can't be from the same category.
(07-25-2015, 04:26 PM)GammaBear Wrote: I like to use 3, but they can't be from the same category.

Ah, that's great then! One last question, since you're starting at Level 2, I suppose we'll be skipping a bit of the rather worrisomely boring beginning to Skulls and Shackles? I only know of it due to the talks about it on a few other forums, so I might be wrong
Actually, I will be running thr AP pretty much as is. However, because of how it is structured and the nature of PbP, I have tweaked it a bit. I'm going to run a few of the days as is for the pupose of story, but a bulk of it will be flash forwarded to get to the good part.
(07-25-2015, 05:18 PM)GammaBear Wrote: Actually, I will be running thr AP pretty much as is. However, because of how it is structured and the nature of PbP, I have tweaked it a bit. I'm going to run a few of the days as is for the pupose of story, but a bulk of it will be flash forwarded to get to the good part.

Ah, I see. That's quite fine by me. Time to get down to business with a character sheet!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon