RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] The Student Lounge
[[Taking a quick look at John's emotions that he can control...nope.  Nothing seems helpful at all.  He's not interested in their loyalty, and that's a stunt, nor do they need to trust or fear him.  Oh well. No quick fixes.]]

John feels like stepping in, but is glad the new (to him) kid does so.  He's an unknown, an outsider, and they wouldn't accept him.  He knows it too.  He turns to Donya.

"So...is it always like this?  I'm familiar a bit with Kid Vicious but is everyone here always at each other's throats?  Also, who's Niall?"

(06-16-2021, 01:25 PM)Interface Wrote: [OOC: Johnny's backstory is similar except instead of enhancing his body, it was his brain that was transformed.   He went from having a below average intelligence to waking up from a 6 month coma with an IQ greater than Mr. Fantastic.  He's still trying  to figure out what exactly he wants to do with his giant brain.]

"I've had a look at the formula and the simulations," Interface states in a thick Irish accent.  "They all seem legit and very promising.  We're fortunate there's brainy people like the Beast and Forge who worked on the formula and the tech to mass produce it.  Simulations indicate all those infected should start to feel more themselves very soon.  Infact I'm a little surprised there's still some of the infected who are still exhibiting argumentative behaviors."

[[Technically speaking, John's brain was also enhanced. Technically. Just in a very different manner to Johnny's. Also...we're going to have three Irishmen in the same school at the same time now?]]
Quote this message in a reply
"No, not at all," Donya replies quietly.  "It's true some of us rub each other the wrong way but no one has ever come to blows.  Well, I mean if you don't count the night when Niall returned.  That got a bit messy.  The only person that seemed to consistently get into trouble with other students was Jack."  She pauses a second and then adds, "I don't like to talk behind the back about someone who I might still count as a friend.  Umm... I mean... ahh... well it seemed like he would purposely do things around pretty girls and then would claim he was completely innocent.  So maybe he was right.  Maybe he was innocent.  I wasn't there so I don't know.  But this bad luck just kept happening and some students didn't appreciate his actions.  Like, probably the most suspicious example I've heard was when one of our older students was having a private conversation with a teacher in her bedroom which was probably kind of inappropriate.  Nothing happened, or anything, but teachers have offices to speak to students. But anyways, suddenly Jack just bursts into the teacher's bedroom!  But then he would blame his ADHD or something else.  I don't know.  He was always fine to me.  But I don't spend a lot of time at the mansion.  I prefer to fly!"
"If you want my opinion," Jessica interrupts but doesn't wait for your answer.  "It was jealousy.  He seemed to have these issues with only women who had boyfriends.  He would cling to the couple, like he did with interface and Aurum, and would find ways to always hang out with them when it was obvious they wanted to spend a little time alone.  Like seriously, who wants a third-wheel around all the time when you're trying to get to know your girl or boyfriend.  Like dude, don't you have your own girlfriend?  But he was also very fast so one minute he would clinging to Interface and Aurum and then next he's busting down the teacher's door to interrupt whatever was going on in there.  It was just weird.  I honestly hope the Professor kicks his ass out.  But knowing him, if Jack is really nice and promises to be on his best behaviour Mr. X would let him come back."
(06-16-2021, 04:42 PM)Porsche Villar Wrote: "That's probably because they were argumentative to start with. Some of it is from the virus, some of it is just from being assholes.. no offense."

She elbows Saleem in the ribs, smiling at him.

Saleem playfully nudges Porsche back, "I'm not an asshole.  I'm just not the type of guy who holds back his feelings.  If I like you or don't like you, you'll know it!  Life is too short to go around pretending you're something you're not.  But I don't remember having much problem with Jack."  He looks at Porsche adding, "Do you?"
There's a sudden gust of wind in everyone's eyes and when your eyes adjust Jack is standing by the snacks helping himself.  "Hey!  Sorry.  I know I'm 'grounded' to my room for the night but I worked up quite an appetite and I need to replenish the fuel tank, if you know what I mean."  He quickly grabs a couple sandwiches, a 6-pack of cola and candy.  He takes a bite of his chocolate bar and says, "Yeah, the Professor left it up to me if I can stay.  I still haven't decided.  I got infected with that virus thingy so I don't think I'm thinking right right now.  So maybe in the morning the fog will have lifted and I'll know what to do.  I'm sure all of you want me gone but I think the school will lose out if I leave. Ya know what I mean?"  Jack takes another huge bite of his chocolate bar.
(06-17-2021, 07:09 AM)Saleem Wrote:
(06-16-2021, 04:42 PM)Porsche Villar Wrote: "That's probably because they were argumentative to start with. Some of it is from the virus, some of it is just from being assholes.. no offense."

She elbows Saleem in the ribs, smiling at him.

Saleem playfully nudges Porsche back, "I'm not an asshole.  I'm just not the type of guy who holds back his feelings.  If I like you or don't like you, you'll know it!  Life is too short to go around pretending you're something you're not.  But I don't remember having much problem with Jack."  He looks at Porsche adding, "Do you?"

"He did not have time to cause me problems. I just arrived yesterday remember."
(06-24-2021, 04:20 AM)Jack Quick Wrote: There's a sudden gust of wind in everyone's eyes and when your eyes adjust Jack is standing by the snacks helping himself.  "Hey!  Sorry.  I know I'm 'grounded' to my room for the night but I worked up quite an appetite and I need to replenish the fuel tank, if you know what I mean."  He quickly grabs a couple sandwiches, a 6-pack of cola and candy.  He takes a bite of his chocolate bar and says, "Yeah, the Professor left it up to me if I can stay.  I still haven't decided.  I got infected with that virus thingy so I don't think I'm thinking right right now.  So maybe in the morning the fog will have lifted and I'll know what to do.  I'm sure all of you want me gone but I think the school will lose out if I leave. Ya know what I mean?"  Jack takes another huge bite of his chocolate bar.

Malcolm scowls "That sounds like an implied threat..  Not I need the help, I need to be here, but 'The school will lose out...'.  Are you trying to imply a threat?"

Malcolm's stutter is entirely gone, and his voice is clear and steady.
(06-17-2021, 06:46 AM)Donya Lightfoot Wrote: "No, not at all," Donya replies quietly.  "It's true some of us rub each other the wrong way but no one has ever come to blows.  Well, I mean if you don't count the night when Niall returned.  That got a bit messy.  The only person that seemed to consistently get into trouble with other students was Jack."  She pauses a second and then adds, "I don't like to talk behind the back about someone who I might still count as a friend.  Umm... I mean... ahh... well it seemed like he would purposely do things around pretty girls and then would claim he was completely innocent.  So maybe he was right.  Maybe he was innocent.  I wasn't there so I don't know.  But this bad luck just kept happening and some students didn't appreciate his actions.  Like, probably the most suspicious example I've heard was when one of our older students was having a private conversation with a teacher in her bedroom which was probably kind of inappropriate.  Nothing happened, or anything, but teachers have offices to speak to students. But anyways, suddenly Jack just bursts into the teacher's bedroom!  But then he would blame his ADHD or something else.  I don't know.  He was always fine to me.  But I don't spend a lot of time at the mansion.  I prefer to fly!"

John nods in thought. "Okay. So maybe we all need to take a step back and look at each other without the lens of this...Niall person affecting us?" He blinks and quickly adds "Intentionally or not."

(06-24-2021, 11:23 AM)Malcontent Wrote:
(06-24-2021, 04:20 AM)Jack Quick Wrote: There's a sudden gust of wind in everyone's eyes and when your eyes adjust Jack is standing by the snacks helping himself.  "Hey!  Sorry.  I know I'm 'grounded' to my room for the night but I worked up quite an appetite and I need to replenish the fuel tank, if you know what I mean."  He quickly grabs a couple sandwiches, a 6-pack of cola and candy.  He takes a bite of his chocolate bar and says, "Yeah, the Professor left it up to me if I can stay.  I still haven't decided.  I got infected with that virus thingy so I don't think I'm thinking right right now.  So maybe in the morning the fog will have lifted and I'll know what to do.  I'm sure all of you want me gone but I think the school will lose out if I leave. Ya know what I mean?"  Jack takes another huge bite of his chocolate bar.

Malcolm scowls "That sounds like an implied threat..  Not I need the help, I need to be here, but 'The school will lose out...'.  Are you trying to imply a threat?"

John has no reaction to the speedster whom he basically just met some hours before. He'd used one of his powers on him to get him to actually listen and felt...very uncomfortable about that. He didn't know how this Jack would react to that, but he could see that his current roommate was fairly angry at the other kid.
[[*cough*]]
(06-24-2021, 11:23 AM)Malcontent Wrote:

"Not at all," Jack replies.  "I just meant, I make things exciting around here.  Without me, you'd have no one to bitch about or point fingers at.  None of you have anything better to do, right.  You'd be stuck here just staring at the walls without Jack to beat up on."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon