RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A Dohwar, a Giff, and a Satyr walk into a bar [IC Thread]
Rupert quickly scans the room for the nearest open table. and moves over to it and takes a seat with a lth quick grace that belies his massive size.
Quote this message in a reply
Bazzalan was in the center of the room, singing loudly along with the Elvin Bard's song, with a fair maiden in both arms and guzzling from a tankard of mead!  When the singing pauses for an instrumental solo, Bazz bounds up onto a table and does a wild mirthful jig, using the clip-clopping sound of his hooves to compliment the instruments.  In the moment, the music was as much a part of him as the beating of his own heart.  He couldn't help himself from bounding from table to table to entertain the patrons of the tavern.  Once he runs out of mead, he calls out to the tiefling waitress for another.  

When she brings him his new tankard, he leaps from the table and lands in front of her.  Then with a grand flourish, Bazzalan bows deeply, offering her double the cost of the drink.  When she takes it he'll graciously accept the tankard.  He then leans into her shoulder and whispers into her ear, "Who are the new arrivals?" 
She smiles as he leans in, blushing almost to the horns.  In a squeaky but pleasing voice different than what she uses with most customers she says, "Dunno Bazz, spacers if I heard right.  Funny pair for sure.  Even with you singing, you couldn'ta missed tha giff say his name was Rupert.  The dohwar was called Melville.  They was looking at that colored flyer was put up the other day for that squidship."
Bazzalan plucks a flower from the garland hanging from his horns and tucks it behind her ear. "Thank you dearest, <insert name>.  I think it's time to make new friends!"

The satyr nimbly moves through the crowd, either sidestepping a rowdy partier or catching a tipsy patron whose had one too many - all with a wide and friendly smile on his face.  Bazzalan made it a policy of make friends with anyone new and in as large a place as the Rock, he had quite the work cut out for him.  So over the weeks he had been here he made a point to get to know everyone that crossed his path.  The more colorful the character, the better!  So when he spotted a penguin and a hippo enter the tavern he just had to meet them!  Like, really, how could he resist?!

"I've never been a fan of Scavver," The Satyr states when arriving at their table. "I don't like way it looks."  He waits for a moment to see if either of them got the joke about the one-eyed fish and if they had a sense of humor.  He then adds, "Beautiful evening, fine gentle-persons.  You're new here so allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Bazzalan.  My friends call me Bazz.  Since I make an effort to get to know every stranger who crosses my path, pretty much everyone, at least in this establishment, knows me as such."
Rupert stops chweing for a moment, and looks up from his plate at the stranger, swallows and then says, "SORRY I,M A BIT HARD OF HEARING< AN DIDN"T CATCH WHAT YOU SAID!"
[OoC melville is wondering what Rupert is chewing when we haven't gotten our food yet lol]

Melville looks at the newcomer strangely, wondering what race he is, he supposes the newcomer must be the same race as the waitress, one of those rare half-fiendish creatures. he is curious.   And yet this newcomer is acting like dohwar and giff are the rarity.  Had he never been to Giff-town yet, or seen the  dohwar stalls in the Great Market just outside.

"Greetings, I am Melville of the Chrysoco Cartel. I think this is the first time I have seen two tieflings in one room together. A rare sight." A feathered quill magically appears in his flipper and he uses it to gesture in the direction of the waitress, before it vanishes agin in a few drifting motes.
[OoC: I'm not sure where I was acting like, Dohwar and Giff are a rarity.  In his own mind he thought he couldn't resist speaking to the pair of you mainly because he hasn't met either of you yet and he's all about making friends.  And the pair of you together makes an interesting combination.   As I believe you mentioned, there's likely a joke in a Giff, Dohwar and a Satyr enter a bar.  ]

[OoC2: Does the Giff get penalties on Listen checks, or something?]

Bazz leans down slightly and yells in the Giff's ear, "I SAID, I DON'T LIKE HOW THE SCAVVER 'LOOKS.'" He then straightens his back and smiles at the deaf Giff.  When the Dohwar speaks, Bazz gestures with his hand to shake his fin and replies, "Welcome, Melville of the Chrysoco Cartel.  I'm kind of the unofficial welcoming committee.  Might I join the pair of you?"
"HA HAHA! THAT'S FUNNY! I AM  MAJOR CORPRAL GLADSTONE, BUT MY FRIENDS CALL ME RUPERT. I'M PLEASED TO MEET YOU!", exclaims Rupert as he extends a ham sized mitt in greetin.
[OoC: for now its just a roleplay thing, but if the DM wants to assign a penalty for him being hard of hearing, I can work with it!]
(12-02-2020, 11:23 AM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote: "HA HAHA! THAT'S FUNNY! I AM  MAJOR CORPRAL GLADSTONE, BUT MY FRIENDS CALL ME RUPERT. I'M PLEASED TO MEET YOU!", exclaims Rupert as he extends a ham sized mitt in greetin.

Bazzalan warmly accepts the Giff's 'ham-sized' hand with both of his own, exclaiming, "Those are quite the impressively sized mitts ya got there.  And a formidable grip ta boot!  I'd imagine being socked by one of those would keep a man spinning in the air until his clothes went out of style!"

After swallowing some mead from his tankard, Bazz asks, "So what brings you to this fine establishment; business, pleasure or a bit of both?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon