RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Conversations under the stars {OOC Thread}
It is with great regret that I am sharing the passing of my brother and our friend Darcy Overland (DMVITKYNG) at 2:01PM from complications following his surgery last night
Quote this message in a reply
We don't have the date and times for his memorial yet, but I will post them as soon as we do. Hear is his Obituary

Darcy Seann Overland was born October 12,1974 and died January 18,2023.

Darcy was born in Edmonton, Alberta to Constance (Connie) and William (Bill) Overland. He lived in Edmonton until1987 when he moved with his family to Oshawa, Ontario. He went to O'Neill Collegiate and graduated in 1993. He attended Durham College from 1993 to 1995. After that he lived in Houston, Texas, and later in Lethbridge Alberta. He returned to Oshawa between and permanently in 2012.

He obtained his computer programming certification and that led him to his work as a customer service rep. and flex trainer for Sykes. Through them he contracted with multiple companies including Walmart, Simply Safe, Apple, and mostly Rogers. He loved his job.

He partnered with Anne since 2013.

His hobbies were gaming, working organizing events for Durham Pagan Pride, facilitating the coffee moot and games night at Brew Wizard.

Darcy is survived by his mother, Connie; partner -Anne Cherwinka; brother -Dana, sister in law -Helen; nephew -Erik; niece -Eilidh; stepdaughter- Jessica (Jake); and grandchildren - Jaylee, Logan, Caden, and Kinsley.

Darcy was predeceased by his father, William.

Memorial Donations may be made to Kidney Foundation of Canada Ontario Branch (kidney.ca), or the Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre, or to Darcy's gofundme.....Please Help Darcy

Show quoted text
I don't know how many of us here are local to myself, and DMMarvel, but I thought I would share. If any are interested and able to attend your are warmly invited.

Pagan memorial service for Darcy Overland will be held on Sunday, February 19, 2023 at 1 pm with reception to follow. The event will be held at Lake Vista Hall, 450 Emerald Ave., Oshawa, ON. L1J 1K4

All are welcome at anytime depending on personal comfort level. Reception to follow at approximately 2:30 pm.
Thanks Dana. Unfortunately I am not local for the service, but I am so sorry for your loss.
DMMARVEL (Bazzlan) and I are ok to continue, but we may want to bring in 1 or 2 more players with the loss of my brother, so you are not required to DM control so many npcs.
I hope I'm wrong but I think @GM Anthraxus is no longer DMing or Playing on the site.
Oh that is unfortunate! He did respond to me last month just before Darcy's service! Hopefully he will be back!
Has anyone PM'ed him ?
South of the thrown chamber?
This one looks like it's pretty much done, So Unless someone wants to pick up the DM reigns on it, let me know by the end of the Month and I can switch it over.  Otherwise, I'll archive it.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon