RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5e Spelljammer game
Character updated with a dip into both the monk and fighter classes
Quote this message in a reply
Roll 1: [_4d6c1] = (4+5+6)=15, Roll 2: [_4d6c1] = (5+6+6)=17, Roll 3: [_4d6c1] = (5+5+6)=16

Roll 4: [_4d6c1] = (2+5+6)=13, Roll 5: [_4d6c1] = (1+2+4)=7, Roll 6: [_4d6c1] = (5+6+6)=17

Roll 1: 15
Roll 2: 17
Roll 3: 16
Roll 4: 13
Roll 5: 7
Roll 6: 17

Str 15
Dex 18 (With the +1)
Con 17
Int 13
Wis 7
Cha 18 (With the +2)

I may switch Strength and Intelligence.  I just have to see what comes up.
If you plan on a melee heavy build with heavy armor then the higher strength is probably better, otherwise I would go with a higher intelligence score
Big Grin Wow great rolls!   Big Grin
(11-22-2020, 05:09 AM)danaoverland Wrote: Big Grin Wow great rolls!   Big Grin

Yeah, not a fan of the 7 but I'm not going to complain.

I'm not a fan of rolling stats.  Some players roll well, others roll sucky and it can ruin the fun for some players.  Point buy has it's issues too like every classes stat arrangement is almost the same.  

I was thinking that in the future, if I get players to roll stats, I'll have them each roll and whoever rolls best will be the stat arrangement of the group or you can keep their original rolls..  So stats are random but no one overshadows anyone else.
When I dm'd i would have my players use a 30pt buy system, instead of the usuall 26 pt buy that is the equivalent of the standard array
(11-22-2020, 04:59 AM)danaoverland Wrote: If you plan on a melee heavy build with heavy armor then the higher strength is probably better, otherwise I would go with a higher intelligence score

Does the Rapier give you Weapon Finesse or do you have to buy the feat like in 3.5e?
Rapiers have the finess prperty baked in, so do not require a feat
Trade you stats. Holy cow, before racial adj that's a net +10 to my +2.
(11-22-2020, 06:13 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Trade you stats. Holy cow, before racial adj that's a net +10 to my +2.

No, that's ok.  I'll have to suffer with what I got.   Sad  Tongue

So I changed the stats a little when I realized a 19 Cha would be better for a bard then 17 con.

Do we need a rogue in the group?  There are several background paths I could go with.  I could take a background like Urban Bounty Hunter which would give me a tool proficiency with Lock Picks.  

Or I could just pick up a level of thief for the skills and Lock Picks.  But Warlock/Hexblade might be cool too because a single level of Hexblade gets you medium armor, shields, and you can use your Charisma with a weapon and you don't need to spend a magical secret to learn Shillelagh.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon