RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5e Spelljammer game
actualy decided on a different but similar feet
Handgun Expert
Thanks to extensive practice with the palm pistols, pistols, and pepperboxes, you gain the following benefits:

- You ignore the loading property of palm pistols, pistols, and pepperboxes with which you are proficient. (already get this from racial traits)
- Being within 5 feet of a hostile creature doesn’t impose disadvantage on your ranged attack rolls.
- When you use the Attack action and attack with a one-handed weapon, you can use a bonus action to attack with a hand palm pistol, pistol, or pepperbox you are holding

character sheet has been fixed,( dex set back to 14
Quote this message in a reply
Signature fixed
(11-23-2020, 07:18 AM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote: Signature fixed

I'm not talking about feats!  I'm talking about the stat bonuses every race gets at character creation!!  Don't Giffs get +2 strength and +1 dex upon creation?
(11-20-2020, 05:02 PM)danaoverland Wrote: I rolled
offical Stat #1 = [4d6c1] = 13 - (DEX) + 1 Racial = 14
offical Stat #2 = [4d6c1] = 9 - (CHA)
offical Stat #3 = [4d6c1] = 15 - (STR) + 2 Racial = 17
offical Stat #4 = [4d6c1] = 17 - (WIS)
offical Stat #5 = [4d6c1] = 12 - (CON)
offical stat roll#6 = [4d6c1] = 10 - (INT)

this how I arranged my stats, I went with wis over dex, as both my fighter and monk archtypes will get more bang out of a higher wis
(11-23-2020, 07:31 AM)Rupert Gladestone Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 05:02 PM)danaoverland Wrote: I rolled
offical Stat #1 = [4d6c1] = 13 - (DEX) + 1 Racial = 14
offical Stat #2 = [4d6c1] = 9 - (CHA)
offical Stat #3 = [4d6c1] = 15 - (STR) + 2 Racial = 17
offical Stat #4 = [4d6c1] = 17 - (WIS)
offical Stat #5 = [4d6c1] = 12 - (CON)
offical stat roll#6 = [4d6c1] = 10 - (INT)

this how I arranged my stats, I went with wis over dex, as both my fighter and monk archtypes will get more bang out of a higher wis

Yes, your Giff, A HIPPO, got +1 dex!  It's right in your Quote!  I even highlighted it for you!  That was my joke!  A HIPPO has a +1 Racial bonus to DEX!!
YEP, thats why they make good monks, and they also lean towards L-AWFUL alignments.  Tongue
[OoC: Reposting this cuz I think the DM missed it... ]

(11-23-2020, 04:00 AM)danaoverland Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 03:52 AM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: Yeah, I think that is the way we are going.
Just to clarify that means we get 1 starting feat ?

Yes, please explain to make sure we're all on the same page.  Shy  Is this a free at 1st level we can spend on anything including, if I wish, one of those Theros Heroic Feats?

Quote:Intelligence – A high intelligence allows you to begin with extra proficiencies.  For every point of Int Bonus you start with you can select an additional language or tool proficiency.  If you have at least two points of Int Bonus you can spend two proficiencies to gain an additional intelligence based skill.

So is it one or the other or both?  Currently I have a Int 15 (+2).  Do I get 2 languages or tool Proficiencies AND a bonus Int Skill?  Or do I need to pick one option or the other?
Money x10: [4d4] = 10; 100gp's
(11-22-2020, 08:24 AM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: I was originally thinking of multiclass ING into something wis or chr based, but then I rolled stats lol

If we're going to start as lvl 2, how does that affect our starting wealth/gear?

You might already know all this but in case you don't... as long as you have a 13 in all the prime stats of each class, you can multiclass.  Even 1 level of cleric or bard would give you Cure Wounds spell.  And your caster level is your character level.  So you might only be Cleric 1 but if you're a Wizard 10, your caster level is actually 11 allowing you to use higher level slots to increase the healing.  It's not a bad deal.

But stat bonuses/feats are based on class level.  So you could create a character that never gains a stat bonus if every class you took was never higher than 3rd level.
(11-23-2020, 10:00 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC: Reposting this cuz I think the DM missed it... ]

(11-23-2020, 04:00 AM)danaoverland Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 03:52 AM)GM Anthraxus Wrote: Yeah, I think that is the way we are going.
Just to clarify that means we get 1 starting feat ?

Yes, please explain to make sure we're all on the same page.  Shy  Is this a free at 1st level we can spend on anything including, if I wish, one of those Theros Heroic Feats?

Quote:Intelligence – A high intelligence allows you to begin with extra proficiencies.  For every point of Int Bonus you start with you can select an additional language or tool proficiency.  If you have at least two points of Int Bonus you can spend two proficiencies to gain an additional intelligence based skill.

So is it one or the other or both?  Currently I have a Int 15 (+2).  Do I get 2 languages or tool Proficiencies AND a bonus Int Skill?  Or do I need to pick one option or the other?

Everyone gets a free starting feat.  Marvel, as a character from Theros, is compelled to have that feat flavored as a god-granted Heroic Feat.  This can take the form of either one of the custom Gifts or a themed standard feat.  Non-Mythic Odysseys characters can select a feat from any other source.  Mythic Odysseys gifts (particularly any reliant on piety) may be unreliable if access to Theros deities is disrupted.

On the INT thing, assume that a given character has a +3 INT Bonus.  This means that character may take up to 3 additional languages or tool proficiencies.  Alternately they may spend two of those points for a INT based skill instead, which would allow them to take 1 additional language or tool proficiencies.  So this character could gain proficiency in a musical instrument as well as Dohwar and Primordial as languages.  Alternatively they could take a skill in Investigation and still pick up a proficiency in Weaver's tools.

With a +2 bonus it is a choice between either two languages/proficiencies or an Int skill, not both.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon