RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Spelljammer - D&D 3.5
I have done extensive work converting Spelljammer rules to D&D 3.5.  

This is a call for interested players.

We will be starting at 1st level. For races that have LA and or Racial HD I have rules that will work for them to be playablere at 1st level.  The normal level adjustment rules do not apply.  

If I get enough interested players I will petition DM Spiral to allow me to set the game up.

Once I have the game set up I will upload all the appropriate documents so players will be able to create characters.  

There is a lot of rules that were converted from Ad&D 2nd ed Spelljammer to 3.5.. so races, feats, spells and prestige classes are all available, alog with som rules conversion for spelljamming and ship based combat.

Anyone interested?
Quote this message in a reply
Were the 2e psionic rules converted too?  I'd love another shot at Boone 2.0.  Tongue

And of course I would like to play.

I've been busy with work but I should be able to whip something up after I update my games

I'm thinking an artificer would be cool.

By the way, which crystal spher would we be playing in?
(06-29-2020, 04:26 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: Were the 2e psionic rules converted too?  I'd love another shot at Boone 2.0.  Tongue

I've been busy with work but I should be able to whip something up after I update my games

It is a more generic game based out of Rock of Bral   so Bralspace/Spiralspace is home sphre but characters can be from anywher..  starting at 1st level so no great heroics pregame..

Psionics as per standard 3.5  so no Boones  lol
(06-29-2020, 06:03 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 04:26 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: Were the 2e psionic rules converted too?  I'd love another shot at Boone 2.0.  Tongue

It is a more generic game based out of Rock of Bral   so Bralspace/Spiralspace is home sphre but characters can be from anywher..  starting at 1st level so no great heroics pregame..

That being said, I know you are perfectly capable of breaking my game anyway....  please don't  Big Grin
I'd be very interested please Smile
The adventure begins here http://forums.rpgaddicts.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

I am getting all the rules information up as quickly as I can. The great thing about Spelljammer is that if you do have a favorite setting (aside from Dark Sun) that you know a lot of lore about, you are more than welcome to be from there. You might be a groundling with no experience in space, but if you really want to be a Knight of Solmnia (for example) go right ahead.
(06-29-2020, 06:13 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:

That being said, I know you are perfectly capable of breaking my game anyway....  please don't  Big Grin

I wouldn't say Boone broke the game.  I think Boone contributed to the epicness of the campaign.  I think any group would love to use a Illithid Nautiloid as a giant spear to smite a giant monster!  But there was that one time where Boone exploded the brain of the hidden BBEG at the start of the game and ended the Adventure and Campaign.   Cool

Anyways, I need to discuss your thoughts on reducing the GP and XP costs of magic item creation for Artificers.  I've been doing some research into ways to do this and need to make sure you're ok with them.  Also I believe Pathfinder did away with XP costs and I thought you agreed because it's kind of stupid that anyone wishing to make magic items as an occupation can ever gain a level from just magic item creation.
(06-30-2020, 07:22 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 06:13 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote:

I wouldn't say Boone broke the game.  I think Boone contributed to the epicness of the campaign.  I think any group would love to use a Illithid Nautiloid as a giant spear to smite a giant monster!  But there was that one time where Boone exploded the brain of the hidden BBEG at the start of the game and ended the Adventure and Campaign.   Cool

Anyways, I need to discuss your thoughts on reducing the GP and XP costs of magic item creation for Artificers.  I've been doing some research into ways to do this and need to make sure you're ok with them.  Also I believe Pathfinder did away with XP costs and I thought you agreed because it's kind of stupid that anyone wishing to make magic items as an occupation can ever gain a level from just magic item creation.

Might have a solution that will maintain game balance. Given SJ means a lot more gp floating around
Figured out what I will do regarding magic item creation. Magic items will not cost experience point. However beacuse spelljamming often has a LOT of gold, and a LOT of travel time that can be used for crafting, that could easily unbalance a game VERY quickly. So instead of XP cost items will have a Crafting Point cost. Characters have Crafting Points = to 10% of their experience points needed to reach the next level. So a 1st level character has 100 crafting points (1000 xp to reach level 2; a 5th level character gets 1500 crafting points (15,000 xp to reach level 6); and so on.

Artificer will add their Craft Reserve to this total.

The craft point total esets every level, points do not roll over. This pool of craft points will ensure that characters do not negate the need to adventure just by engaging in crafting.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon