RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sweet Little Lies
Questions regarding modern skills like Driving, or Computers. How are we handing those? Ranks with the closest applicable skill? Ride for Driving? Knowledge: engineering for computers? Bluff for Social Networking?
Quote this message in a reply
(03-24-2019, 07:49 AM)DM Zarthrax Wrote:
(03-24-2019, 01:43 AM)Susiel Wrote: So, this world is fairly dimensionally isolated (run when you hear me start a conversation talking about dimensions), and there aren't a lot of obviously magical beings running around...

What about Summon Monster spells? Can you still summon things that (maybe) don't exist in real life?

You can completely summon whatever you normally can with a Summon Monster spell. 

The drawback is when the local no-majs see it, and the various Cults find out that you let it leak.

Now, if you're in the middle of a forest in the middle of nowhere, are fighting a monster that will kill you, and the only way to survive is to summon a T-Rex? Go right ahead. Just be aware of who may be watching this happen, and what happens if word of magic leaks.

Hmmm.... I was thinking about taking the Leshy Summoning hex but.... meh.

I am, most definitely, taking Tumblr dude's Weave of Woo-Woo feat. Cause... coincidental magic.
@DM Vitkyng- Yep, pretty much. 

@Susiel - That's a good one. It'll likely come in handy.
Considering everyone else is making summoners it seems I might just be the weakest character lol:

For your consideration (need to write up background and to actually buy equipment once I find out how that works for modern characters):

Which one Brawler or Slayer(Ankou's Shadow/Sniper)

Brawler
Marcus Carvalho

Male Human brawler 1
None Medium humanoid (human)
Init +3, Senses Perception +3
=================================================
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 12, flat-footed 12 (+2 armor, +2 Dex, ), Combat Expertise
hp 12 ((1d10)+2)
Fort +4, Ref +4, Will -1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
Melee unarmed strike +4 (1d6+4)
Ranged battered pistol +3 (1d8/x4)
STATISTICS
Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 8, Cha 12,
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Feats Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Improved Unarmed Strike
Skills Acrobatics +6, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Local) +4, Perception +3, Profession (Cook) +3, 
Traits Bred for War , Heavy Hitter, Shadow Whispers , Tactician, 
Languages Common, Shoanti
SQ bonus feat, brawler's cunning, martial flexibility, martial training, skilled, weapon and armor proficiency, +1 trait (trait ~ shadow whispers), 
Combat Gear 
Other Gear unarmed strike, outfit (traveler's), leather armor, bullet (firearm/30), battered pistol, 25.0 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
-Bonus Feat Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
-Brawler's Cunning (Ex) If the brawler's Intelligence score is less than 13, it counts as 13 for the purpose of meeting the prerequisites of combat feats.
-Bred for War  You tower above most other humans and possess a physique of hard, corded muscle. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks and a +1 trait bonus on your CMB because of your great size. You must be at least 6 feet tall.
[b]-Heavy Hitter (Quain Martial Artist[/b]) Having grown up in Quain, you were taught under various schools of martial arts, and have used all you have learned to hone your fighting prowess. You gain a +1 trait bonus on damage rolls when using unarmed strikes.
-Martial Flexibility (Ex) The brawler can use a move action to gain the benefit of a combat feat he doesn't possess. This effect lasts for 1 minute. The brawler must otherwise meet all the feat's prerequisites. He can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 4. The brawler can use this ability again before the duration expires in order to replace the previous combat feat with another choice. If a combat feat has a daily use limitation, any uses of that combat feat while using this ability count toward that feat's daily limit. At later levels, when he gains multiple feats through this ability, the brawler can use those feats to meet the prerequisites of other feats he gains with this ability. Doing so means he cannot replace a feat currently fulfilling another's prerequisite without also replacing those feats that require it. Each individual feat selected counts toward his daily uses of this ability.
-Martial Training (Ex) A brawler counts her total brawler levels as both fighter levels and monk levels for the purpose of qualifying for feats. She also counts as both a fighter and a monk for feats and magic items that have different effects based on whether the character has levels in those classes (such as Stunning Fist and a monk's robe). This ability does not automatically grant feats normally granted to fighters and monks based on class level, namely Stunning Fist.
-Shadow Whispers (Norgorber) You have a penchant for just knowing others' secrets. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (local) checks and a +2 trait bonus on Intimidate checks made to demoralize opponents.
-Skilled Humans gain an additional skill rank at first level and one additional rank whenever they gain a level.
-Tactician You know how to take advantage of enemies who are unprepared for your assault. You gain a +1 trait bonus on initiative checks. In addition, once per day when you make an attack of opportunity, you gain a +2 trait bonus on the attack roll.
-Umbral Unmasking You cast no shadow whatsoever, or the shadow you do have is monstrous. Under normal lighted conditions, this is not hard to observe-but uncommon to notice. Creatures that succeed at a DC 15 Wisdom check notice it plainly (an additional Perception check may be required based on environmental conditions). This telltale sign of wickedness cannot be concealed, except those effects that also affect shadows (such as invisibility).
-Weapon and Armor Proficiency A brawler is proficient with all simple weapons plus the handaxe, short sword, and weapons from the close fighter weapon group. She is proficient with light armor, and shields (except tower shields).
-+1 Trait (Trait ~ Shadow Whispers) GM awarded PC with +1 Trait.

Sniper
Ian Harnsworth
Male Human slayer 1 Archetypes Ankou's Shadow, Sniper, 
Medium humanoid (human)
Init +5, Senses low-light vision; Perception +5
DEFENSE
AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 10 (+4 Dex, )
hp 9 ((1d10)-1)
Fort +1, Ref +6, Will +1
OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft.
STATISTICS
Str 12, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8,
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 16
Feats Point-Blank Shot, Skill Focus (Stealth)
Skills Acrobatics +8, Knowledge (Geography) +6, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +5, Ride +8, Sense Motive +5, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +10-14/18, Survival +5, Survival (Urban) +9, 
Traits Ambush Training, Blood of Dragons, Child of the Moon (Stealth), Ordinary, 
Languages Common
SQ accuracy, focused study, heart of the slums, low-light vision, shadow double, weapon and armor proficiency, +1 trait (trait ~ ordinary), 
Combat Gear 
Other Gear 0.0 gp
SPECIAL ABILITIES
-Accuracy (Ex) A sniper halves all range increment penalties when making ranged attacks with a bow, crossbow, or firearm.
-Ambush Training You gain a +1 trait bonus on initiative checks and a +1 trait bonus on weapon damage rolls during any surprise round in which you act.
-Blood of Dragons Long ago, your ancestors' blood mixed with that of dragons. Choose one of the following: gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception checks, gain low-light vision, or gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against effects that cause sleep or paralysis.
-Child of the Moon (Stealth) Your lunar gift becomes much more powerful when the moon is full. Choose either Climb, Stealth, or Swim. You gain a +1 trait bonus on checks made with the chosen skill. On dates during and after the first quarter of a lunar phase but before end of the last quarter (the half of the lunar cycle where the moon is fuller), this bonus increases to + 2. During the full moon, this bonus increases to +4.
-Focused Study (Ex) At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, gain skill focus in a skill of your choice.
-Heart of the Slums Humans who eke out a life in a city's teeming slums must be quick and clever. They gain a +2 racial bonus on Sleight of Hand and Stealth checks, and a +4 racial bonus on Survival checks in urban and underground settings. In addition, they may roll twice when saving against disease, taking the better roll.
-Language Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any languages they want (except secret languages, such as Druidic).
-Low-Light Vision (Ex) You can see x2 as far as humans in low illumination. Characters with low-light vision have eyes that are so sensitive to light that they can see twice as far as normal in dim light. Low-Light Vision is color vision. A spellcaster with low-light vision can read a scroll as long as even the tiniest candle flame is next to her as a source of light. Characters with low-light vision can see outdoors on a moonlit night as well as they can during the day.
-Ordinary The only thing extraordinary about your appearance is its ordinariness. You carry yourself in an understated way, and many people who see your face soon forget it. You gain a +4 trait bonus on Stealth checks whenever you attempt to hide in a crowd.
-Shadow Double (Sp) An ankou's shadow can take a full-round action to create a single, quasi-real, shadowy duplicate. This shadow double remains in his square, mimicking his movements as a single mirror image, except that it lasts until it is destroyed or he chooses to dismiss it as a swift action. This ability does not stack with the mirror image spell or with similar abilities, such as the copycat ability of the Trickery domain.
-Umbral Unmasking You cast no shadow whatsoever, or the shadow you do have is monstrous. Under normal lighted conditions, this is not hard to observe-but uncommon to notice. Creatures that succeed at a DC 15 Wisdom check notice it plainly (an additional Perception check may be required based on environmental conditions). This telltale sign of wickedness cannot be concealed, except those effects that also affect shadows (such as invisibility).
-Weapon and Armor Proficiency A slayer is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, as well as with light armor, medium armor, and shields (except tower shields).
-+1 Trait (Trait ~ Ordinary) GM awarded PC with +1 Trait.
(03-26-2019, 11:53 PM)DM Vitkyng Wrote: Considering everyone else is making summoners it seems I might just be the weakest character lol:

I haven't committed to anything yet but who else is making a Summoner?  

I haven't made my character yet cuz I got something in my eye and it made two long cuts in my field of vision.  It makes me extremely light sensitive.  So staring at a bright white character sheet would be very difficult.   But it's almost healed so I will start working on the character probably Sunday.
Susiel sounded like they were also planning on summoner. I think I prefer the sniper over the brawler.. an ankou's shadow/sniper just seems like a more mafic oriented character.. without being a caster
She mentioned to me that she was making a witch, so you could go summoner if you really wanted.
Right. It's a witch, for whom I was thinking about taking a feat that would expand summoning spells. Not the summoner class.

And I'm also not going with summoning spells.
All right, lady and gentlemen!

Forum is up!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon