RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-6: But Your Eyes Don't Agree
The huge strange creature lets out a puff of billowing yellow mist through his nostrils.

"I don't feel hungry right now so you may as well raise your questions," he says, gazing Giant straight in the eye. "Watch your words, though, for my appetite may return."
Quote this message in a reply
"Gulp" - Which word was wrong? - he thinks. It will take a long time to resolve . Smile He thought these was the main questions or the fey fool us.
Lugar doesn't want this conversation to turn violent so he does his best be cordial with the dragon. "First off, my name is Lugar Bargrimm. Are you the dragon Koriolis?"
"The Fey in the woods sent us to find out why the Crystal Lake is being tainted and why you slaughtered the animals. I have my own question though. What is that ugly tentacled thing I've seen marked up all over your cave?"

Ooc - I was never a fan of the diplomacy skill but if it matters Lugar has a -1 to his check if needed Smile
[Before dragon]

Toot was getting extremely miffed that everyone seems intent on wandering into danger.  Sure it was possibly a dragon, who had extraordinary senses so hiding might be useless but being careful not only made sense it has also kept Toot alive.  Taking into account how tiny and fragile the little jermlaine was, that was quite the accomplishment.

"Squeak! Squeak! I tells you!" Toot exclaims to get the group's attention.  "What is wrong with yous?  My elemental say their be a DRAGOON in next room and yous act like they handing out candy.  Zelly, do yous know anything more about this dragoon or have any mojo that might protect me... err.... I mean us??  What about you Dorf (Torin)?  You got anything?"

[OoC: Waiting to hear responses before Toot decides which spell he will cast.]

[Back to Dragon Encounter...]

Toot shits his pants!
(09-16-2018, 05:17 PM)Toot Wrote: [Before dragon]

Toot was getting extremely miffed that everyone seems intent on wandering into danger.  Sure it was possibly a dragon, who had extraordinary senses so hiding might be useless but being careful not only made sense it has also kept Toot alive.  Taking into account how tiny and fragile the little jermlaine was, that was quite the accomplishment.

"Squeak! Squeak! I tells you!" Toot exclaims to get the group's attention.  "What is wrong with yous?  My elemental say their be a DRAGOON in next room and yous act like they handing out candy.  Zelly, do yous know anything more about this dragoon or have any mojo that might protect me... err.... I mean us??  What about you Dorf (Torin)?  You got anything?"

[OoC: Waiting to hear responses before Toot decides which spell he will cast.]

[Back to Dragon Encounter...]

Toot shits his pants!
 Ooc - Lugar mentioned preparing beforehand, specifically preparing for the dragon's acid attack, and drank a potion of Pass Without Trace beforehand as well.

Ooc - Protection from energy (acid) would be wise.  Also anything that boosts saves, especially Will saves, don't Dragons give off a fear? (Owl's Wisdom)

"Don't pee yourself now little mouse, wait until it's about to eat you so it gets a bad taste in its mouth." He jests. "We are here to find the bloody dragon remember?" 
OOC - it's not so fun that the combined Cha scores of the active PCs hardly beat a run-off-the-mill sorcerer's score... but at least you all play your roles well and on a good way to piss His Graceful Nastiness Wink

(pre-dragon)
Zelgadis stiffened then turned slowly on Toot's question.
"My name is Zelgadis. And I told you I can shield the party against a frontal attack."

(back to present)

(09-15-2018, 02:20 PM)Lugar Wrote: Lugar doesn't want this conversation to turn violent so he does his best be cordial with the dragon. "First off, my name is Lugar Bargrimm. Are you the dragon Koriolis?"

"That's correct," the dragon replies, eyeing the duergar with suspicion.

(09-15-2018, 02:20 PM)Lugar Wrote: "The Fey in the woods sent us to find out why the Crystal Lake is being tainted and why you slaughtered the animals. I have my own question though. What is that ugly tentacled thing I've seen marked up all over your cave?"

"You may want to reword that question," the dragon warns the dwarf, and inhales...

(y'all may as well roll for initiative... I guess...)
OOC - SG has also prepared beforehand with Ring of Blinking (reactive again and again), Shield Other and wielding his double axe Smile And to run away if neccesary. Smile He doesn't have more to prepare.

SG [1d20+3] = 18+3 = 21 init

It seems your words aren't enough good too, dude... What's the problem with our words? I can't understand. - he whispers to Lugar
(pre-dragon)
- I prepared with Zelgadis  and SG Tongue.

(spells casted)
Torin casts a Longstrider on himself if he didn't do it before. 
Protection From Energy (Acid) to SG.
Resist Energy (Acid) to himself.
Bless to party.

IMHO the fly spell still persist on SG, have I right?

(present)

If nothing special happened then at 20.01 Torin throws (standard action) a Lion "pokeball"  and says: - Simba, I choosed you: Attack! Tongue
(( Pounce (Ex) If a lion charges a foe, it can make a full attack, including two rake attacks.))

OoC - In the next two weeks I will be mainly off so feel free to handle Torin as DMPC. Torin plans: summon a lot of creatures (Bag of Tricks, SM IV, Sanctuary, Cure XY, ...)
[url=[1d20+7] = 6+7 = 13]Initiative[/url]

Lugar draws back closer to and behind Zelgadis when the dragon inhales. "Arrgh, I meant no disrespect. We are simply seeking the truth of the matter.  Was it about the ugly tentacle thingy I said?" Lugar asks again without a thought about how rude it might sound.  "I mean, it resembles one of those accursed brain-eating, friend-killing, spider-faced Mind-Flayers from the Underdark!" He says with the full force of his low charisma.

[url=Diplomacy[1d20-1] = 20-1 = 19]Diplomacy[/url] Hahaha!

Ooc - Maybe Merri or Shanna can jump in? Or is that weird when the DM talks to the DMPC? Smile
[Pre Dragon...]

Toot will cast Extended Resist Energy (acid) on himself/Boo (160 minutes); 20 Acid Resistance
Then he will cast Extended Barkskin on himself/Boo (160 minutes)
Protection from Energy (Acid) on Lugar. (80 minutes)   Actually I just noticed I have a second resist Energy spell memorized.  Would Lugar want a Resist Energy or a Protection from Energy?  Toot would be willing to extend the Resist energy but probably not the Protection from Energy.  The reason is the Protection spell only protects from 96 damage before being dispelled while the Resist Energy will keep absorbing 20pts per attack for its entire duration.

Reminder that Toot cast an Extended Magic Fang back when we fought the Mantis'/Mantises(?).  Duration 16 hours.  I don't know how long it's been since that combat.

[After shitting his pants...]

Toot wanted to eloquently express how deeply honored they were to be in this dragon's magnificent presence but his great wisdom told him that his words would likely sound more like a smattering of cave-speak than a passionate speech.  He even considers summoning a Satyr to do the negotiating for them but knew the creature was more adept at bluffing than diplomacy.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon