RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-6: But Your Eyes Don't Agree
- Yes, the stage is yours! Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: Sorry for disappearing again.  My cat became extremely sick and was close to death because the little furball wouldn't go poo!!  It took a week but I'm happy to report that he seems to be on the mend.  ]

Toot clears his tiny throat and squeaks, "Are yous forgetting something?  We were told that we's not stand a chance against Dragon back at faerie camp.  So knowing this, yous plan is to go charging in there swords a swinging?  When yous get melted can Toot have your gear?  Me promise to take care of them and polish them every day!"
He will be our shield. - he points at Zelgadis. - We have to check whether he is under control of somebody else or not. If it will be necessary then we should be retreat. Do you have some protective wit... magic too?

He also thinks he isn't the slowest runner in the group... Wink
Shanna examines the walls with great interest, taking the courage to even touch it here and there... while Zelgadis takes first rank.

"Two may stand side by side behind me if packed tightly but otherwise you'll have to keep single file. Even then, I cannot tell what will happen to those more than twenty feet back."

Those following the grey shaman observe as the path winds southwest and becomes a wide, straight corridor, declining in a slight angle. The domed ceiling and floor (just like the top and bottom of a roughly horizontal tube) and the flat walls are perfectly smooth, apart from the cryptic runes that run in a spiral all around over and over again. The musty odour is apparent, as if sticking to the walls everywhere, giving it a greenish tint and a sickly glow.

Zelgadis strides forward, his left hand on the pommel of his sword, his right fist clenched tight and stops short right at the middle of the straight tunnel. Twenty more feet and the artificial hall gives way to a natural looking cave at least 60 feet across.

Fiery sparkles of two emerald eyes greet you as you approach the sleeping chamber of the huge beast. Your eyes don't take much more in through the head and the protruding wingtips of the creature. The air is even more musty here to say the least, but the flickering lights around reflect from reliefs of beauty. His voice sounds like the rumble of the very rocks around as he asks,

"Brought me some fresh meat, servant?"

(roll20 updated)
(09-10-2018, 05:26 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: He will be our shield. - he points at Zelgadis. - We have to check whether he is under control of somebody else or not. If it will be necessary then we should be retreat. Do you have some protective wit... magic too?

He also thinks he isn't the slowest runner in the group... Wink

"Of course me have protective magic to cast on mysel..." The tiny Jermlaine pauses for a moment and then says, "Ohhh.. you mean, do Toot have some protective magic to cast on the rest of yous.  Wells this is a little awkward.  I suppose me could... but me thought the priest was going to protect yous too!  If so close to dragoon should priest not cast rudimentary protections like a protection circle and bless?  Why big people always ask the littlest people to do all the work?  Not fair!"

[OoC: This jumped a little forward.  I was considering casting an Extended Protection from energy and/or Extended Resist energy before we continued down the hallway.  But I don't want to do it if it seems like I'm only doing it because I see what I believe to be a green dragon in front of us.  Confused  ]

[OoC: I guess Toot will be hiding around the corner (see map) to get a cover bonus if the dragon uses his breath weapon.  He will also be attempting to disbelieve. ]
OOC - it's OK to do some sensible retro like that. Knowing that Toot usually does that kind of stuff anyway.

Toot gathers all the courage to peek around the corner and cannot believe how insanely deep shit everyone is. Because that wall of oily green scales with emerald frying pans for eyes at the end of the corridor look very much real.
Emerald, emerald, emerald...
Ooc about how deep underground does Lugar and Torin think we are?

Lugar stuck close to Silent Giant as they followed Zelgadis. When they come upon the emerald eyed dragon Lugar stops short as he realizes the sheer size of this dragon.

The dragon's words send a chill up his spine but Lugar gathers his courage to speak. "We didn't come here for dinner. We have questions." He looks at Zelgadis, "like what's this talk about servants? Are you his slave?" He asks angrily.
Ooc - this is actually IC :-)

The dwarves estimate that the party is about fifty feet beneath a large body of water--the lake, no question about it.

LUGAR: "... questions."

"Questions. Amusing." The dragon reacts to Lugar's first words with mild sarcasm.

LUGAR: "... slave?"

Toot can't help but notice that Boo, initially tense to the edge of fleeing, now feels much more relaxed. As if that big bad scaly tower wouldn't be a predator that could bite the bear in half.

The stone cold warrior is not phased by the dwarf's anger or the dragon's intimidating words.

"Apparently he thinks so," he notes, quietly.

"I've heard that," the dragon growls, a warning with anger withheld, sounding like a male lion's roar in this confined space, and those happen to be touching walls can feel them resonate. He slowly opens his maw halfway letting his sword-sized fangs be seen, venom glistening on their tips. Then clasps its maw shut with a sickening snap, drops of penetrating liquid raining on the floor. A drop hits a small patch of moss with a hiss, and it turns black in an instant, sizzling for quite a few seconds.

Zelgadis takes a step back, assuming defensive posture, his hand raised to start a spell if needed.
(09-13-2018, 06:40 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Ooc - this is actually IC :-)

The dwarves estimate that the party is about fifty feet beneath a large body of water--the lake, no question about it.

LUGAR: "... questions."

"Questions. Amusing." The dragon reacts to Lugar's first words with mild sarcasm.

SG doesn't think just asks.

Yeah. What has changed you? Who is your controller and how can we help you to be free again?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon