RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-6: But Your Eyes Don't Agree
(08-21-2018, 04:11 PM)Toot Wrote: The tiny creature looks up at the giant like he has drool dripping off his chin.  "Toot meant, yous should have scouted it out BEFORE leaping into this passageway.  By the looks of this passage, we're forked!"  [ Tongue ]

I have scouted it out, remember. There was a dead end and a picture of a big head on the wall. But none of you was interested in.  - he shrugs
Quote this message in a reply
OoC - I'm not totally vanished just working in reductade mode till October Big Grin

Torin investigate that point with his dwarven senses while the party is waiting for Toot's elemental (and for the DM Tongue).
OOC @Toot - you have not specified direction, and effectively explicitly told the elemental to look around inside the solid rock... "stay in your element"... so it will act randomly I guess, since Toot has no guess on direction either. (but you got lucky with the random roll Smile )

The elemental returns in about a minute, reporting that there's a large cave to the south, with some huge body there, based on the enormous heartbeats it had perceived through vibrations rebounding through the solid rock.
Toot opens his mouth to squeak out another insult at the giant but then pauses and shakes his tiny head.  "Tis no use," he mumbles to himself.  "None have the sense that the gods gave a bullywug."

When the elemental returns, Toot relays the information to the group.  Toot then adds, "So there's a huge heartbeat to the south.  Common sense would say we avoid it so we aren't torn apart by the huge creature attached to said heartbeat but for some reason Toot doubts that be what we will be doing, right?  And you will likely need Toot to drill hole through solid rock to get to creature.  Is Toot right?"
Torin and Toot think the right fork may curve southwest whereas Giant thinks that south is straight up

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
A huge heartbeat? How far? The green dragon? - he whispers and readies his axe then starts blinking (he is renewing it again and again) - Lead us.

OOC - Who is our diplomat? Shanna? Smile
The elemental does not react on Giant's words, as if they were not addressed to it.
Actually Toot managed to make heads and tails from the elemental's rocky rumbling, and figured that it was speaking about the huge green beast. The direction and distance it indicated is also clear for the doodid but a bit obscure for the rest who don't speak Terran. (OOC - marked on roll20)
(OOC - Toot pls move yourself and Boo from off-map to on-map. Same goes for Merri whenever, if ever...)
Lugar, who had lurked silently and followed the others, speaks up.  "The beast likely knows we are here.  We should prepare ourselves for its attacks.  It spits acid right?" He asks the dragon experts, Torin and Shanna.  

Lugar takes out his potion of pass without trace and drinks it.

Ooc - Can Lugar smell any gold or valuables in the air? Dwarven rogues have that ability right? Smile
OOC - no but they can recognise instantly if they see or taste something like that that it looks / tastes like that. Meaning they can tell a true gold coin from a loaf of bread glamered to look like a gold coin by taste but they cannot tell true gold from foul smelling rotten cheese that looks and tastes like gold. Unless you happen to have scent as well.

"Acid or corrosive gas," Shanna nods. "But it probably doesn't matter in such confined space. If he does then we are toast either way."

"I have spells that may block such attacks," Zelgadis notes. "As long as I am between you and the source of the attack."
(08-29-2018, 10:27 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - no but they can recognise instantly if they see or taste something like that that it looks / tastes like that. Meaning they can tell a true gold coin from a loaf of bread glamered to look like a gold coin by taste but they cannot tell true gold from foul smelling rotten cheese that looks and tastes like gold. Unless you happen to have scent as well.

"Acid or corrosive gas," Shanna nods. "But it probably doesn't matter in such confined space. If he does then we are toast either way."

"I have spells that may block such attacks," Zelgadis notes. "As long as I am between you and the source of the attack."

Lead us Big Grin

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon