RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-6: But Your Eyes Don't Agree
Yes Torin do in this way.
Quote this message in a reply
Those following Giant can see clearly what takes him a few minutes to realise-- that is, a drag mark in the thin layer of dust, towards the dead end... ending just in front of the end wall.
Shanna looks at the tracks found, then at the tunnel to the south.
"Looks like the dragon's tail left this trace. Strange. I can't understand yet why I find this strange but... "
She falls silent, then, shaking her head, returns to studying the runes on the wall.

Private Torin
You have the same feeling that something's fishy here. Hard to explain but the traces seem to be somehow odd. You haven't ever seen a green dragon (of this size) but does he really drag his tail on the floor?
Based on Torin's dragon lore these creatures, no matter how enormous, move much like great cats, surprisingly agile and balanced.

Private Toot
You have the same feeling that something's fishy here. Hard to explain but the traces seem to be somehow odd. You haven't ever seen a green dragon of this size (or any dragon for that matter) but does he really drag his tail on the floor?
Based on Toot's nature lore the tracks really look like what's left by the tail of a huge croc but crocs are much closer to the ground (their maws inconveniently level with the space jermlaine typically occupy) than the average dragon, as much as the doodid can imagine the latter .
Ooc - I'm a travelling today and maybe just sunday or later could post so in shortly Torin shares his felling / finding / knowledge with the others:

You have the same feeling that something's fishy here. Hard to explain but the traces seem to be somehow odd. You haven't ever seen a green dragon (of this size) but does he really drag his tail on the floor?
Based on Torin's dragon lore these creatures, no matter how enormous, move much like great cats, surprisingly agile and balanced.
(08-10-2018, 10:01 AM)Torin Wrote: Ooc - I'm a travelling today and maybe just sunday or later could post so in shortly Torin shares his felling / finding / knowledge with the others:

So do you think it wasn't a dragon? Do you mean it was rather similar to a lizard or serpentine? - the ranger asks and follows the tracks backwards from dead end. Does it continue on both directions or on the south only? Are the marks straight or sinuous? Is there only one big mark or more smaller marks? He is looking for footprints too.
(take10 or take20 if necessary)

OoC - basilisk? hydra? hydragon, yum-yum
Ooc - Yutakil Obragon...

To Giant, the tracks seem to be genuine traces of some creature's tail occasionally sweeping the ground. Definitely not a serpent. No footprints though. This reminds him to the early lessons of Survival basics with his former master: hide (sweep) your footprints.

The ranger loses backtrack at the fork. As if the creature, whatever it was, appeared on the spot.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
He shares the information with others.

Hey dude, have you examined the dead end wall yet? - he asks Lugar (ooc - Can Shanna help him?)

Can we go further?
(07-30-2018, 01:43 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: What's this places? 

"Likely our tomb!" Toot replies with a quiver in his voice.  "We shouldn't have come here before scouting it out first with summoned creatures and divinations.  If me die because of yous stoopidness, Imma haunt yous forever!"

Boo will use his scent ability to sniff out any clues.  

"What ever the thing is, the floor markings remind me of huge crocodile.  Did it use a secret door to go through wall or magic?  If no secret door, me can soften stone to let yous dig through wall easier."
Ooc - nice to see you back! Torin and Lugar are off for some more weeks I guess, not sure about Merri.

The party finds no clues of a secret door at the dead end but Shanna stops scanning the runes and yells,

"Will you please stop babbling? I can't hear my own thoughts!"

Then all of a sudden she grows silent, as the light of recognition shines upon her face. Raising a finger as a universal sign of attention, she tiptoes to the dead end, pressing her ear to the done every few feet.
"Here," she finally says, her usual excited singsong voice back, indicating the left side of the dead end.

Those who follow her example can hear a low rumbling as well as occasional dripping sounds from behind the rock surface.

(Roll20 update tomorrow)

Tapatalkkal küldve az én ALE-L21 eszközömről
(08-20-2018, 12:23 AM)Toot Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 01:43 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: What's this places? 

"Likely our tomb!" Toot replies with a quiver in his voice.  "We shouldn't have come here before scouting it out first with summoned creatures and divinations. "

Do it then now, what are you waiting for? For a command? - Silent Giant says and crosses his hands
The tiny creature looks up at the giant like he has drool dripping off his chin.  "Toot meant, yous should have scouted it out BEFORE leaping into this passageway.  By the looks of this passage, we're forked!"  [ Tongue ]

Toot scratches his whiskered chin and then reaches over his shoulder to his haversack where a rod suddenly appears in his tiny hand.  Toot begins chanting over and over a supplication to the Forces of Nature, while wildly shaking his mistletoe toward the ground.  

[OoC: Burns Lesser Restoration for Summon Nature's Ally 2 to summon a small Earth Elemental which gains +4 str and Con.  Extending duration with Rod of Extension to 14 rounds.  ]

Toot will then say to the Elemental in Terran, "Earthglide and quickly scout ahead.  Stay in your element.  Don't let anything see you.  Return in one minute or if you see any creatures."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon