RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Into Barovia
(For whatever reason, it's a Wis skill in AD&D. You all can roll attacks if you make your ride check.)
Quote this message in a reply
[Given that Ride = Wisdom I will spend my two unspent NWP slots on improving it rather than on Weaponsmithing. Seems more important to the character Smile]

The ferocity and suddeness of the warg's attack having cost him the advantage of the lance, Sumayl drops it and draws his scimitar. Spurring his horse forward he attacks the warg that bit his steed.

[Scimitar attack (THAC0: 16) [1d20+6] = 6+6 = 12, Scimitar Damage [1d8+5] = 3+5 = 8 Hit AC 4, 8 Damage]
Tinarawen yelps in surprise as her horse bucks uncontrollably in fear.

Ride [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18
[url=[1d20] = 12]Ride Check [/url] vs Wisdom (I'm not sure what vs Wisdom means exactly?)

"We should run!" Mardigan implores. If Mardigan can attack he draws his wand of Magic Missile to let loose on the nearest warg.

Ooc - forgive me, I have limited experience with AD&D!
[OoC: How many Worgs seem to be attacking us? ]

[OoC2: Riding check; Result: 7; I think I succeeded.  The Riding Land-based is Wis -3.  So are you saying we need just to roll our wisdom or lower or was that an error and you mean wisdom -3 and lower?  Either way I succeeded, I think.]

While Aly looks around quickly to see how many Worgs are attacking them she slashes at them with her Longsword.  Hoping to hit one that's already been hit.

[OoC3: Attack: 6; Damage: 11; THACO (longsword) 8; It's been awhile since I used THACO but unless they have an AC 1 I think I hit.]

Calculations for THAC0 and Damage:
Base Thac0 = 16
To hit bonus (longsword): +1 elf +2 strength +2 Sword +3 Specialization = +8
Final Longsword THAC0 = 8
Damage Bonus: +3 Strength +2 Sword +3 Specialization = +8
Sumayl cuts into the thick fur of the warg, spraying blood across the road.  The wound is deep, but it doesn't slow the creature down.

Mardigan points his wand and four bolts of force launch out to slam into the warg attacking him.  It looks to be hurt bad.
[4d4+4] = 10+4 = 14 magic missile damage  (You can divvy up the missiles however you want in the future.)

Alynorae's sword bites deep and leaves a gaping wound.  

Tinarawen lands on the ground with a thump as her horse throws her and gallops down the trail.

(For skill rolls, you want under your stat.  The -3 is to your stat, not your roll.  There are 8 wargs.  You all have the initiative.  If you have 2/3 attacks, make two attacks this round.)

[1d6] = 4 warg init.

[1d6] = 5 party init.
[Riding check [1d20] = 17 vs Wisdom+1; Cavalier ability to remain seated [1d100] = 25 vs 90%]

In its distress Sumayl's horse  wheels wildly, and he is unable to wield his scimitar while he regains control. He tugs on the reins remaininginthe saddle despite the horse rearing in panick.
Tina rolls to her feet, whipping her scimitar free. The sword moves with unnatural speed as she slashes at the warg that attacked her.

attack [1d20] = 3, damage [1d6] = 4
attack [1d20] = 6, damage [1d6] = 5
[OoC1: Do those of us who have the Riding Proficiency need to roll for control each round?  Looking at both Survival guides, they say that we can guide our mounts with our knees and use both hands to wield weapons and equipment without a proficiency check.  We would only make a check if we get hit; failure means we fall and take 1d6 damage.]

[OoC2: If I still need a Ride Check; Result 3]

Alynorae will move to protect Tinarawen and slash at the wolves closest to her...

[OoC3: (Longsword THAC0 is 8) 1st Attack = 8; Damage 13; Hit AC 0 // 2nd Attack = 2; Damage 15; Hit AC 6 ]
Mardigan quickly counted the wargs and did not like the odds of his survival, he needed to change that.  While his horse shied away from the wargs, Mardigan looked for a spot somewhere he could trap some of them in a Web.  He looked for a group of trees to cast his spell as he reached for a bit of spider web from one of his many pouches.

Ooc - If there is such a place to trap a few of the wargs then he will cast his Web spell, if not he will unleash a few more magic missles, one set at the warg he just hit, and the other at Aly's who also has a fresh wound.

[url= Ride Check [1d20] = 12]Ride Check[/url]  (Is the ride check for if the horse was attacked or just because they are scared?)
[url= [2d4+2] = 4+2 = 6,[2d4+2] = 4+2 = 6]Magic Missle[/url]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon