RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Sunless Citadel - (Chapter One)
---Everyone---

With the area secure, Athos and Kriv agree to take a short rest while he identifies the items they discovered. No one else objects so Athos builds a small fire to take away the chill and relaxes while Kriv sorts out the items. 

[Image: XF2hFkS.jpg?1]

(DM - Heroforge integration is up, so now you guys will at least be able to recognize your characters on the map, LOL!)
(DM - All of you perform a short rest, let me know what actions if any you are taking during the rest.)
(DM - Kriv identifies the Gauntlets and the Wand. They are Gauntlets of Ogre Power and a Wand of Magic Missiles. I will imagine that Arius allows Kriv to identify the potions and both potions are potions of healing.)
Quote this message in a reply
Having identified the items Kriv lays them in a pile before the group and waits patiently to see if anyone wishes to claim either of them. The gauntlets don't do him any good, but the wand is interesting to the Dragonborn wizard. Still he isn't particularly greedy or in a rush for such things. To break the silence he says, "That went well at least. I think we are learning how to work together well." his deep voice filling the area around him.
Nightingale will settle down in front of the fire cross-legged preparing to rest.

"Agreed Master Turnuroth. A little too late for our late companions, but just in time for ourselves."

She listened as Kriv detailed what the items could do. The wand would aid her at range, but was probably more suited to someone like Kriv himself. The gloves did not sound like they would help her fighting, she didn't use raw strength to best her enemies.

Actions in rest: Will meditate for at least 30 mins of the short rest to get back her ki.
Mivia will examine a large rock to make sure there aren't any creepy-crawlies.  She'll use her eldritch blasts to be sure it's safe before gingerly sitting down to mediate and regain her invocations.
"Athos, you should take the gauntlets. I would derive little benefit from them, and none at all with my primary armaments."

Arius rests and recovers his action surge.
Kriv nods at the mention of Athos taking the gauntlets. He looks at Mivia, and asks "Would you like the wand? I am interested of course, but I will offer you first rights to it."
Miv side-eyes the wand then gently picks up the ornately carved stick.  She scrutinizes the designs carved into its surface and then returns it to Kriv.  

"For now you're welcome to the device.  But by the end of this excursion we both may want to reconsider who receive what magics found.  Sound fair?"
Kriv nods at Mivia's words. "That sounds more than fair. If you think you would like to try it at a later time let me know. I would also be happy to trade it to you if we find something else later."
Athos nods and stows the gauntlets in his pack.  His primary weapon being spells, he didn't have much use for the gauntlets either, but they would either fetch a nice price for the group if nothing else.  Then he sat down not far from the others and collected his thoughts and recharged himself.  Already he was feeling the wear and tear of this place and they hadn't even made it into the ruins yet.
---Everyone---

Everyone rests, divides up the treasure they found and makes ready to move again.  That said, the only path is back the way they came, or to continue around the to a stone path not far from where they found the Rat King.  Granted, just to be sure the rats have been cleared out, it's probably a good idea to continue around to the stone path.  This complete the parties sweep of the descending stairs and insure they had killed all the rats or at least the majority of them. 

(DM - Make perception checks as you all start moving again.)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon