RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Medical Bay (Dez Synn + Zero)
It has been a quiet shift so far in the med-bay of the Rock and Zero has not had much to do, his three patients are currently all resting peacefully in their bacta tanks, recovering from the burns they had suffered in the mining incident a few weeks ago. the skin grafts were healing nicely.

Even FOG's strider was abnormally quiet and not resisting its sedatives as it rested in the immense reinforced bacta tank in the back of the med-bay. Thankfully, as the last time it had smashed its way out, it had caused an immense amount of damage.

Then things started to get interesting. First the entire med-bay was shaken but  what sounded like a distant explosion somewhere overhead.  Very odd, since mining explosions usually happened deep in the mines rather than in the asteroid base above. something must be up.

Expecting trauma victims to start arriving from whatever was going on Zero activated the surgery theatre's electronics and began preparing med-kits, then sent out a call on the station comms for his assistant medical droids, which wee usually stationed in the clinic near the docking facility to join him in receiving the expected trauma victims as soon as possible.  No answer, just static.

Something was wrong with the comms. Worried, Zero hovered over to the main communications console in the med-bay and attempted to pull up station security feeds to see what was going on upstairs. Nothing.. static.. Then he started switching feeds until he found something..  Only one thing was being broadcast, and the signal was of course overwhelming all other transmissions.  Dammit FOG.. you and your stupid arena pit fight broadcasts!!!

That's when Zero sees it, a group of Imperial Stormtroopers gunning down a quad of Mayor Holon Veil's security forces in a corridor outside the arena, only to be themselves gunned down by a mismatched group of attackers. All the while FOG's broadcast went out over every available network, jamming every other signal, showing a contact comm address to place bets on each team of combatants, with a steadily updating  odds tracker.

Then  Zero realized where that corridor was. That's on THIS level, uh oh!  

Just as Zero is about to drift over and lock the med-bay blast doors, they slid open to reveal a 5 man security team dragging a barely conscious red-haired Zeltron female in binder cuffs, who Zero recognizes as Dez Synn. 
She struggles weakly and is zapped again by a stun baton for her efforts, almost falling, held up only by the two men holding her elbows.  Walking along beside the security team's lead officer is a female Rutian Twi'lek in black leathers. Zero does not recognize the twi'lek, thgough with the high transient population of the Rock he is not surprised.

"I do not really care if comms are down. You know and I know that Holon owes me for this, and I am not leaving her side until he pays up... so you can send one of your men to go get him, or you can put up with me until his pompousness gets down here."
"Fine, whatever, just don't interfere.."  the guard sees Zero and holds up some sort of metallic necklace. "Holon wants you to install this on the captive." He gestures at Dez. "It needs to interface with her central nervous whatever, get it attached so we can get her back upstairs."

Map:
[Image: medbay.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
"No frakking way.. let me go.." she slurs trying to fight her captors. 

When she see Zero she tries switching to Huttese, hoping he understands her.
"Hopa! Dobrah chuba un shag! Me wamma!"
Help. I'm not a slave. I'll pay.
[OoC: What does Zero know about Holon?]

There's a 'Shushing' sound as Zero dilates to focus his visual sensor on the metallic necklace and then to the woman and back to the necklace.  This Droid was an oddity for medical droids.  Most were relatively benign looking and had a vaguely humanoid appearance designed to put the patient at ease.  Zero was different.  In appearance it looked like and Interrogator Droid but was 'repurposed' to be a Medical Droid.  At least that's what the droid told its current 'employers.'  The truth of how Zero arrived in its current chassis was slightly different. 

"Please produce the proper authorization to perform invasive procedure."
(02-13-2018, 06:52 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC: What does Zero know about Holon?]

There's a 'Shushing' sound as Zero dilates to focus his visual sensor on the metallic necklace and then to the woman and back to the necklace.  This Droid was an oddity for medical droids.  Most were relatively benign looking and had a vaguely humanoid appearance designed to put the patient at ease.  Zero was different.  In appearance it looked like and Interrogator Droid but was 'repurposed' to be a Medical Droid.  At least that's what the droid told its current 'employers.'  The truth of how Zero arrived in its current chassis was slightly different. 

"Please produce the proper authorization to perform invasive procedure."

[OoC Holon Veil is 'Mayor' of the Rock, which is to say he owns the most holdings in the base, and basically uses that leverage to run the mining operations; While no one person 'owns' the Rock, Holon's holdings are integral, and this keeps him in power. It is his forces which maintain the docking facilities and spaceport, and his forces which maintain overall station security. He is Zero's employer as he owns the medical facility, though he does not actually own Zero, he often acts in a manner indicating that he believes he does. In fact were it not for the tampering of another station droid M1K-L1G 'Long' in return for Zero's clandestine treatment of 'Long's owner Flik for a drug addiction, Zero would be under the influence of Holon's restraining bolt. The disabled restraining bolt is still attached to Zero's frame, though it is not functional.]

"Holon's orders you stupid droid. We are station security, we take our orders from the Mayor, same as you. We don't need paperwork. Get it done."
[OoC:  What does Zero know of this device?]

[OoC2: Which site did you use for your Huttese translations?]

"Not producing proper paperwork is against Medical procedure," Zero says to stall the security.

Then focusing his eye on the woman, Zero says in Huttese, "<Why is the mayor after you?>"
(02-21-2018, 03:57 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC2: Which site did you use for your Huttese translations?]

https://lingojam.com/HutteseTranslatorForWermos
(02-21-2018, 03:57 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC:  What does Zero know of this device?]

You cannot tell for sure until you get your hands on it to examine it, but it does appear similar to a device you have some experience with.

[Image: electrocollar.gif]
(02-21-2018, 03:57 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: [OoC2: Which site did you use for your Huttese translations?]

"Not producing proper paperwork is against Medical procedure," Zero says to stall the security.

Then focusing his eye on the woman, Zero says in Huttese, "<Why is the mayor after you?>"
(02-21-2018, 03:57 AM)IT-O (Zero) Wrote: "Not producing proper paperwork is against Medical procedure," Zero says to stall the security.

[I actually used http://www.completewermosguide.com/huttn...onary.html]

"Tah jujiminmee je as do koga shag."  she mumbles weakly.

To kidnap me as a bed slave.
"No talking to the prisoner! Fine, move aside you piece of drek! .. Kenth! You have medic training.. take her to the surgical pod and get it done. You just srtay out of the way you malfunctioning tin can!"

Kenth, who was standing nearest the medical bay's main computer console. Walks over, he looks really nervous about the idea, but takes the collar from his officer nonetheless.

"You sure lieutenant? It's not quite cybernetic surgery, but this is definitely more complex than a field dressing. I have to get the feeds into the spinal column just right."

[b]"You have your orders!"

"Yes sir."
[/b]

The guard holding Dez grabs her by the elbows and hop walks her south towards the surgical theatre.

Map Updated
[Image: medbay2.jpg]
[OoC: Which Token is Dez?  ]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon