RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] A Nameless Roadside Inn
"I would ask the inn-keep if there are any local villagers that my indeed have horses for sale. I can help you inspect the quality of the mount if you do indeed find one."
Quote this message in a reply
Mardigan considers backing out, it was a dreadful night after all, but the lure of riches and magic overcame his better judgement.  There's safety in numbers, he told himself.  "I would appreciate the help. One day I should hope to find a spell for a horse.."  He goes back to inn-keeper to inquire about a horse.  "My good man, where can one purchase a horse for travel in these parts?"
"It is very strange that an Inn Keeper is not aware of a village that is merely a 5 hour march.  Perhaps we should ask the other people here."

Alynorae stands and taps the side of her glass until the sound has everyone's attention.  "Have any of you heard of a village that is only a 5 hour march westward, through the Svalich woods that is called Barovia?"
Mardigan shared Alynorae's suspicion but none-the-less walks up next to Alynorae and softly says to her, "I think some magic might be involved here.  Odd, but worth investigating?"
"A mystery!  All is not as it seems," she remarks.  "If it is so close, yet still unknown, it may have been kept hidden by some strong magic.  We could even be the first to travel there in centuries!"  Tinarawen seemed particularly excited by the prospect of exploring the unknown.
"In truth you may be on to the mystery my dear!"  Mardigan seems caught up in Tinarawen's excitement but then quickly tamps it down.  "Of course, caution is wise and we should not go unprepared. There could be unforseen dangers ahead."
Nobody seems to have any idea what or where Barovia is. There's nothing even in that direction. The Svalich woods have an evil reputation and only the occasional Gypsy will traverse them.
Finally Sumayl speaks.
"Known or unknown, either way  we should investigate. A woman may lie under some curse, and I  would not have my honour besmirched by doubtful inaction. I will go, hopefully I have found worthy companions who will join me, yes?"
When they learn that no once has any knowledge of a village five hours away, she gives the others a wary look and says, "This seems like a clearly ominous omen.  A strange gypsy dropping off a curious message to come to the phantom township of Barovia that no one in the bar has ever heard of?"  

Alynorae then once again asks everyone at the bar, "If no one has heard of Barovia have any of you heard of Burgomaster Kolyan Indrirovich or Ireena Kolyana?  Do any of you know what the nearest Inn or settlement I would run into if I were to travel on the west road?"  One of you must of traveled from that direction."
Sumayl nods at the sense in Alynorae's logic. If there is no village n that direction and no one ever travels that way, how is it even possible that a road exists. Even a game trail requires regular traffic.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon