RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] A Nameless Roadside Inn
"Clearly this note was not meant for me. His lord must be mistaken.  I don't know anything about healing!" Mardigan exclaims at the prospect of venturing through dark woods on a fog-filled night.  He does take quick note of certain key features of the letter, namely the promise of a reward for simply showing up!
Quote this message in a reply
Alynorae reads the letter and then slowly settles back into her chair.  Her small elfin frame seems to almost be swallowed up by the cushions as she contemplates the letter's request.

[OoC: Does anyone know anything of Barovia?  Perhaps the Bard? ]

Her large green, almond shaped, eyes flicker to each person present and listens to each reactions.  

"Unless the rest of you have pressing matters to attend to it does not seem much of a bother to travel to this village to see if we can lend help."
"The healing is metaphorical! Here is the knight that can cure that evil, with our support of course." She gestures towards Sumayl. "What are we waiting for? There is an adventure to embark on."

[1d100] = 49 Lore 30%
Mardigan considers Tinarwen's enthusiam, some thought hiding behind his eyes.  "I'm not one for rushing headlong into the unknown without knowing a bit more about our chances of success.  What do we even know about this Barovia or it's lord? The Knight brings up a few good points." Mardigan steps up from the table and walks over to the fireplace, he rubs his chin in thought as he goes over all the possible things to be encountered in an unfamiliar land.  

Mardigan goes over to the Innkeeper/barkeep to ask about this local lord.  He even offers a coin or two to get the best information about what lies ahead, if it lies ahead for him.
The bard searches her own memory and comes up dry. The innkeeper shrugs. "Sorry. Never heard of it. Keep your coin."
"Chivalry demands that I investigate if there is a lady in distress.  Alas you all overestimate my ability at healing, I am a knight, not a holy warrior. I do not have any divine ability to lift curses or to mend wounds."  He pats the scimitar at his side. "My abilities lie with the blade and the lance."
(04-06-2018, 03:42 AM)Man in Black Wrote: The bard searches her own memory and comes up dry.  The innkeeper shrugs.  "Sorry.  Never heard of it.  Keep your coin."

"Well you were absolutely useless..." Mardigan turns away and says under his breath.  The barkeep didn't seem exceptionally dim-witted.  Barkeeps usually knew everything... Maybe there is more to this Barovia than meets the eye.  Perhaps it is a land with some magic, able to fog the minds of the people surrounding it?  Somehow their masters knew to send a letter to this tavern at this time to address us specifically, fascinating.

Mardigan strolls back to the group sitting at the table.  "I suppose it is a matter of duty and honor to help this mistress with a malady.  You'll need my help, and what kind of hero would I be if I left you all to fend alone?" He says looking up into a corner at some distant vision, or a cobweb in the rafters.
Tinarawen grins, grabs her mug, and drains the remaining ale. She jumps out of her seat and slaps the table with both hands. "I'm ready. My bags are always packed. Let's go!"
"I can have my steed re-saddled and ready in moments. Do you think it wise to travel at night though. We stand less chance of missing a turn if we travel by day."
"I haven't got a horse at all." He laments, thinking about the 5 hour trek through the Svlalich, no Swallovich, no that wasn't it... the S-Woods.  "Perhaps I could purchase one in the morning if you wish to wait? Tis awfully cold out tonight and there's a full moon."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon