RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
(01-01-2021, 09:44 PM)DM Spiral Wrote: @GM Marvel I couldn't find gold anywhere in the thread.  It was discussed that we would just pick our items and go with it.  But, I figure we still needed like ...expense money to go from day to day.  Not sure if you wanted to go with something different, but I figured I'd roll their starting gold just in case. 

If nothing else, it could be the money they use for food, lodging, etc. 

Reion Starting Gold: 2d6 = 8 x10 = 80 gold
Eloric Starting Gold: 1d4+1 = 4 x10 = 40 gold

Also,  Can I use a Proficiency slot to gain Two-Weapon Fighting?  I'm not sure that's in 2e, but if it's not I was wondering if we could still work it in this way.  I figure we could do it the same way they do it in the Baldur's Gate 1 & 2.

I just assumed that you have whatever basic equipment that you want.  Like everyone has a horse and saddle etc.  You have enough food for about a week.  Or whatever non-magical stuff you needed.

As for Two-weapon fighting, I do not remember how it was done in Baldur's gate.  In the Complete Fighter's handbook, I believe the penalties are -2 for the off-hand and Ambidexterity (which costs 1 weapon proficiency)  eliminates the off-handed penalty of -2 but it doesn't help you get any extra attacks.  [See inside the quotes Below]

In combat and Tactics it says, you have a -2/-4 and you do get an off-hand attack.  If you specialize in two-handed fighting your penalties are 0/-2.  If you also have Ambidexterity you don't have any penalties.  C&T also says  you (and maybe TCF does too but I didn't see it) can offset those penalties with your Reaction/Missile adjustment.  BUT the group already spoke about Combat & Tactics and chose to not allow those rules into the game because it would make things confusing and the rules are more like a 2.5e instead of just 2e.  I've already moved this game from 1e to 2e so we wanted to keep it simple.  Ravenloft 1e, isn't a very large adventure so if after we're done here, players still want to keep going, then we can decide if we want to add in Combat and Tactics.

Quote:Off-Hand Weapons Use
All characters are presumed to be better with one hand than the other—in real life,
most people are right-handed, quite a few are left-handed, and only a very few are
truly ambidextrous.
 When a character is first created, the player should specify his handedness (right
or left). If he does not specify one, the DM should assume the character is righthanded.
 If a character, for whatever reason, fights with his off-hand instead of his good
hand, he suffers a –2 penalty to attack rolls with all attacks. For example, should a
character find himself with his right hand chained to a wall, and yet he needs to draw
and throw a dagger and must use his off-hand, he'll then suffer the –2 penalty to attack
rolls.
 If you wish a character to be ambidextrous, consult "Ambidexterity," below, under
"Weapon Proficiency Slots."

Quote:Ambidexterity
If a player wants his character to be ambidextrous, as described above under "OffHand Weapons Use," he must devote one weapon proficiency to Ambidexterity.
 If he does so, he'll be able to fight normally with both hands, and will be equally
adept at non-combat tasks with both hands.
 This doesn't give him two attacks per round. It just means that if he loses the use
of one hand, or drops the weapon in that hand, he'll be equally adept with the other.

As for magic items, I would prefer if we just stick with the ones MiB presented.  If I let one person pick items that aren't on the list then I have to do the same for everyone.  We're already at Barovia and I don't want to open up that can of worms.
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
Character Creation/ Applications - by GM Marvel - 12-31-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-25-2018, 11:50 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 01:58 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 06:10 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-27-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-29-2018, 02:37 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-29-2018, 06:29 AM