RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
(02-08-2018, 12:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I chose the Sword +4 because: 1:  I assumed the Cavilier would want one of the Scimitar of Speed, and 2: I'm kind of the second tank.  Since Tina has joined and shown interest in the Scimitar I can give the Sword +4 to him so he can use it as a +4 Scimitar.  But since I'm the second warrior in the group I'd like to replace it with the +2 Giant Slayer since it's probably the next best sword after the Scimitar of Speed +4, Sword +4, and the Short Sword of quickness +2, which it seems all will have been taken.

@MiB CURSED?  Sad  I guess no good deed really does go unpunished.   Tongue

Up to you.. we can paper-rock-scissors for it.. lol

personally, spreading the damage per round out a bit in the party  helps our overall effectiveness.. - I naturally as cavalier get a better 'to hit' with my sword by +1 but you have higher strength than I so those balance, my damage without magic is +1, again I believe yours is higher BUT I get 3/2 attacks while you only get 1.. so who knows how the damage would play out in actual combat.  Your higher to hit and damage would favour short fights, whereas my multiple attacks favours the longer combats.  It really depends.
Quote this message in a reply
(02-09-2018, 02:20 AM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 12:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: I chose the Sword +4 because: 1:  I assumed the Cavilier would want one of the Scimitar of Speed, and 2: I'm kind of the second tank.  Since Tina has joined and shown interest in the Scimitar I can give the Sword +4 to him so he can use it as a +4 Scimitar.  But since I'm the second warrior in the group I'd like to replace it with the +2 Giant Slayer since it's probably the next best sword after the Scimitar of Speed +4, Sword +4, and the Short Sword of quickness +2, which it seems all will have been taken.

@MiB CURSED?  Sad  I guess no good deed really does go unpunished.   [emoji14]

Up to you.. we can paper-rock-scissors for it.. lol

personally, spreading the damage per round out a bit in the party  helps our overall effectiveness.. - I naturally as cavalier get a better 'to hit' with my sword by +1 but you have higher strength than I so those balance, my damage without magic is +1, again I believe yours is higher BUT I get 3/2 attacks while you only get 1.. so who knows how the damage would play out in actual combat.  Your higher to hit and damage would favour short fights, whereas my multiple attacks favours the longer combats.  It really depends.
Actually I will be specializing for +1/+2 or possibly even double specialize +3/+3 so my attacks per round should also be 3/2.

I will be doubling my effort to get this character done. Between being sick, team meetings, work and being tired all the time I haven't had much time to sit down at the computer to focus on writing it up.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
The scimitar of speed will push me t0 3/2, but I have to sacrifice +1 to hit with longswords for elves if I don't stay just half-elf.
You don't have to be 100% done to get started in the IC thread. It's there to get everyone introduced. You can start knowing each other or just meeting at the inn.
Are you sure this is closed?
It's not closed anymore.  But I tried using a couple of accounts to post here earlier and the thread was closed to all of them.
Yeah, who knows. It didn't show as closed to me, even though it should. The close thread box was checked down below. I unchecked it and posted again. That seemed to do the trick.
I have a couple more questions/clarifications...   Blush

1) Are we using the Armor Adjustments for weapons?

2) Are we using speed factors for weapons?

3) No bows were listed in the magic items.  Can a range weapon like the Spear +2 be changed into a bow or the Crossbow Bolts turned into arrows?

4) Can I have a Strength Bow?  See Below...
Page 65 of the DMG:

Strength Bonus Considerations: The strength bonus for hitting and
damage does not apply to missiles unless the character so entitled
specifically takes steps to equip himself or herself with special weapons to
take advantage of the additional strength. This will result in the weapon
having an additional chance to hit and do the additional damage as well.
In no event will it add to the effective range of the character’s weapon.
Thus, the character will employ a heavier missile or a more powerful bow
and heavier arrows or larger sling missiles to gain the advantage of
strength. To do so, he or she must obtain the special weapon or weapons,
and this is within the realm of your adjudication as DM as to where and
how it will be obtained, and how much cost will be involved.

And that's it for now...
1. yup

2. only if it matters. (hint: it rarely does)

3. You get what the dice are willing to give you.

4. Sure.
Quote this post and put your name next to whatever you are claiming so we know who has what.
Spell Scroll (Cleric: Animate Dead Monsters, Silence, 15' Radius, Commune, Quest), Spell Scroll (Cleric: Forbiddance, Dispel Magic, Aerial Servant, Commune, Forbiddance, Control Weather), Spell Scroll (Cleric: Remove Paralysis, Neutralize Poison)
Scroll of Protection - Lycanthropes - All Lycanthropes, Spell Scroll (Mage: Mordenkainen's Lucubration, Vocalize, Power Word, Blind, Jump, Mass Charm, Repulsion)
Potion of Human Control - Humanoids, Scroll of Protection - Magic, Philter of Persuasiveness, Wand of Metal and Mineral Detection, Scroll of Protection - Weapons, Magical Blunt
Deck of Illusions, Potion of Climbing, Potion of Vitality, Oil of Impact
Potion of Invisibility, Scroll of Protection - Lycanthropes - All Lycanthropes, Leather Armor +2
Potion of Water Breathing, Ring of Invisibility
Oil of Slipperiness
Elixir of Health
Potion of Vitality
Potion of Polymorph (Self)
Potion of Plant Control
Oil of Fiery Burning
Potion of Rainbow Hues
Oil of Disenchantment
Potion of Sweet Water
Philter of Love
Potion of Levitation
Potion of Delusion
Fire Breath
Potion of Animal Control - Avian
Potion of Healing
Potion of Speed
Potion of Delusion
Potion of Invisibility
Potion of Healing
Philter of Love
Oil of Disenchantment
Potion of Undead Control - Zombies
Oil of Disenchantment
Oil of Elemental Invulnerability
Potion of Fire Resistance
Spell Scroll (Mage: Sleep, Levitate, Sequester, Wall of Fire, Suggestion)
Spell Scroll (Mage: Leomund's Tiny Hut, Haste, Otiluke's Freezing Sphere, Disintegrate, Extension II, Message)
Scroll of Protection - Weapons, Non-magic Missile
Scroll of Protection - Weapons, Magical Missile
Scroll of Protection - Possession
Spell Scroll (Mage: Glassteel, Enchant An Item, Legend Lore, Read Magic)
Scroll of Protection - Cold
Spell Scroll (Mage: Magic Mirror)
Scroll of Protection - Undead - Skeletons
Spell Scroll (Mage: Dig, Massmorph, Clairvoyance)
Scroll of Protection - Petrification
Spell Scroll (Mage: Continual Light, Enchanted Weapon, Dolor, Project Image, Guards and Wards)
Spell Scroll (Cleric: Aid)
Spell Scroll (Cleric: Abjure, Resist Cold)
Spell Scroll (Mage: Succor)
Scroll of Protection - Traps
Scroll of Protection - Water
Ring of Regeneration
Ring of Protection +1
Ring of Shooting Stars
Ring of Feather Falling
Ring of Sustenance
Ring of Jumping
Ring of Animal Friendship
Ring of Shooting Stars
Ring of Water Walking
Staff-Mace
Wand of Magic Missiles
Wand of Lightning Bolts
Wand of Illusion
Rod of Cancellation
Wand of Size Alteration
Wand of Metal and Mineral Detection
Staff of the Serpent
Wand of Metal and Mineral Detection
Deck of Many Things
Bracers of Defense [AC 5]
Manual of Golems - Flesh
Instrument of the Bards - Ollamh Harp
Boat, Folding
Scarab of Enraging Enemies
Scarab of Death
Sovereign Glue
Robe of Useful Items [10 100gp Gems, 2 x Dagger, Ladder, 2 x Lantern, 2 x Mirror, Pit, 2 x Pole, 2 x Rope, 2 x Sack, Silver Coffer]
Iron Flask
Shield +1
Splint Mail +2
Elfin Chain Mail +1
Shield +2
Plate Armor, Full +2
Leather Armor +1
Studded Leather +1
Plate Mail +1
Plate Mail +1
Flail +2
Dart +2, 2-8