RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
Man, reading through all the treasure makes me nostalgic for the old days of cursed treasure. I purposely left off any cursed items to start since that would be way messed up. The last time I remember using cursed items was in a DnD 3.5/modern D20 game I was running. A group of adventurers chased an Erinyes through a portal and into modern day. The dwarf character had previously found a cursed shirt I got from a GURPS book. It made him a transvestite. So an uncouth, surly dwarf who just happened to love frilly dresses. The player really went with it.

So, technically a scimitar is a miscellaneous weapon, not a sword, but to hell with it. You want to take a lesser weapon for flavor, who am I to stop you? When you see 'sword' there is a percentage chance listed for it to be some type of sword. For our purposes, it's the sword you need.

Quickness is an odd rule that I need to sort out. You get first strike, but is that negated by surprise? My gut says yes.

In the continued spirit of 'why the hell not' I hear someone wants their flail to be a horseman's. Sure, if you want a worse flail. The footmen's is the way to go as far as damage and bonuses against armored foes.

Marvel, you are absolutely right about the bard. I stopped reading after 'unlimited advancement.' See, I can admit when I'm wrong. Oh, and your character is now cursed for making the DM look bad. Wink
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
Character Creation/ Applications - by GM Marvel - 12-31-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-25-2018, 11:50 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 01:58 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 06:10 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-27-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-29-2018, 02:37 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-29-2018, 06:29 AM