RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
(01-17-2018, 01:59 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: @Mardigan DM MiB said we can add on the 10% bonus to experience for having a high ability score.  You need at least a 16 in Int for Magic User and 16 for Thief, which you have.  So that would mean you actually have 19,250xp in each class (or if you want to get nitpicky you have 19,251.1xp for the class you gave the extra 1xp to when you split the 35,001xp's.   Tongue  )  

As for me, I'm still deciding what classes I want to take.  Undecided  I've narrowed it down to a Fighter 5/ Cleric 5; a Cleric 6; or a Fighter 4/ Cleric 4/ Magic User 4.  I feel like, if I don't play a triple classed character then I would be missing out on playing a character I might never get to play again.  

And OMG I just found this!!!  It's Errata for the original UNEARTHED ARCANA!!!!!  

The Article states:  "Dragon magazine published errata for Unearthed Arcana in issue #103.  The article states that the changes would be incorporated into later prints, but this revision never transpired."

It even has multi-class combination charts for each race!!  Unfortunately it seems that only race that can be a Fighter/ Cleric/ Magic User is still Half-Elves.  I was hoping they would have allowed Elves to be F/C/M too.  Confused

So DM MiB, does this look legit?  Can we use the Errata?
 Cool!  I will adjust my proto-character sheet.  Make what you want, have fun!  Humans can be all that too, they just don't get all the nice demi-human bonuses Sad Having poured over online AD&D material I am finally seeing why a few of my older friends always wanted to play it over 3.5 edition.  I wonder if 5th edition was able to capture a bit of the same magic.  I picked Half-Elf for my Thief/Magic User because it just seemed to fit so nicely with the race and character idea. I was very tempted to create other characters with other races but I really wanted to play a mage of sorts.  Maybe Mardigan should be an illusionist?  If there was a way to put more xp into another class over the other I would, I would much prefer to be a higher level Magic User than a Thief...

This is just a general question about the game but I don't quite get the breakup of rounds, turns, and segments.  What is a segment, turn, and round in this edition?
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
Character Creation/ Applications - by GM Marvel - 12-31-2017, 11:00 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Mardigan - 01-17-2018, 03:06 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-25-2018, 11:50 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 01:58 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 06:10 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 06:35 AM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-26-2018, 03:02 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-27-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: Character Creation/ Applications - by Zain - 01-29-2018, 02:37 AM