RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
(12-31-2017, 08:21 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 09:55 AM)Man in Black Wrote: No drow, no duergar.  

Sorry for so many questions.  It's not that I'm planning on making drow or duegar but I'm just trying to narrow down my options.  I should have also asked about Deep Gnomes.  They aren't an evil race but they do offer additional abilities similar to Drow and Duegar.

Also about races like Grey Elves.  It says that they get +1 to Intelligence but don't say anything about the regular bonus of +2 to Dex and a penalty of -2 to Con.  They do get the regular Elvin adjustments to Dex and Con, right?  The only thing UA says is, Grey Elves share all the abilities of high elves.

You are mixing versions.  the +2/-2 is 3.0/3.5 version
 In 1st edition Ad&D High elves get +1 dex and -1 Con, not +2/2.

Players Handbook (revised version) - p16:
Quote:As has been shown previously, elven choracters add a bonus of + 1 to their
initial dexterity score. Likewise, os elves are not as sturdy as humans, they
deduct 1 from their initial constitution score.
Quote this message in a reply
Yes sorry. I did mean +1 dex/-1 con

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
That is correct. As a frequent user of grey elves, it's an easy answer. They get the high elf stat adjustments, too.
GM Marvel Wrote: I should have also asked about Deep Gnomes.  They aren't an evil race but they do offer additional abilities similar to Drow and Duegar.
?

I have this weekend off and since my S/O who usually spends my weekend off with me has gone to a wedding in the Philippines for almost a month I should have plenty of time to get my character done on Saturday.
Hope to see some more characters ready for this game.. all i have left to work out is my encumbrance and my horses stats, then find out what I have in teh way of magic. So yes, eager to start.
Ugh... I've been kind of procrastinating all day.  I generally hate rolling stats.  My luck has been terrible (as evident from breaking my foot by simply walking down a soft, carpeted hallway) and I'm expecting to roll even worse than I did the first time.  But lets see...

Stat 1 [1d6r2] = 3, [1d6r2] = 4, [1d6r2] = 6, [1d6r2] = 4 (4, 4, 6 = 14)
Stat 2 [1d6r2] = 3, [1d6r2] = 4, [1d6r2] = 6, [1d6r2] = 5 (4, 5, 6 = 15)
Stat 3 [1d6r2] = 4, [1d6r2] = 6, [1d6r2] = 5, [1d6r2] = 6 (5, 6, 6 = 17)
Stat 4 [1d6r2] = 2, [1d6r2] = 3, [1d6r2] = 5, [1d6r2] = 4 (3, 4, 5 = 12)
Stat 5 [1d6r2] = 6, [1d6r2] = 2, [1d6r2] = 2, [1d6r2] = 3 (2, 3, 6 = 11)
Stat 6 [1d6r2] = 4, [1d6r2] = 5, [1d6r2] = 6, [1d6r2] = 6 (5, 6, 6 = 17)

Holy bejesus!  I actually rolled well!  In order of lowest to highest: 11, 12, 14, 15, 17, 17!  Now I have to figure out if I will be a Fighter/ Magic User; a Cleric/ Magic User; or maybe really push it by being a Fighter/ Cleric/ Magic User.  

Suggestions?
For Intelligence do you go by the min/max spells per level?  

Do you use the racial stat limits?  Such as female elves can only have a maximum strength of 16?

You said you don't use the race level limitations.  Do you still use which class each race is allowed to be?  Can you be a Dwarf Monk or a Half-Orc Magic User?

I'm asking again about your stance on Deep Gnomes.  You said no evil, which they aren't but they have similar bonuses as Drow and Dark Dwarves.  So are they allowed?
For Intelligence do you go by the min/max spells per level? Yes

Do you use the racial stat limits? Such as female elves can only have a maximum strength of 16? Nah, I think we can let that die. If they got maxes raised elsewhere, I could see it.

You said you don't use the race level limitations. Do you still use which class each race is allowed to be? Can you be a Dwarf Monk or a Half-Orc Magic User? I'm still going to leave class restrictions in place unless someone can make a compelling argument to the contrary.

I'm asking again about your stance on Deep Gnomes. You said no evil, which they aren't but they have similar bonuses as Drow and Dark Dwarves. So are they allowed? Deep Gnomes aren't evil so they are fine.
You said HP are half or rolled. Does that include first level, or is it max HP at first, which was a more common 'house-rule' of later editions?
Max at first.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon