RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Character Creation/ Applications
I just realized there is likely Errata for other AD&D books and found these links.  Some errata might have already been incorporated into later editions.  I've still included them in case the PDF we are using is of an old printing.  I have not yet found Errata for either of the Survival Guides.

Player's Handbook ( most of the Players Handbook changes were never published in any print.)

Dungeon Master's Guide (which were incorporated into the "Revised Edition" of Dec 1979.)

Monster Manual  (Most of the errata mentioned on the sheet were corrected with the Second print.) There is also some printing information, if anyone cares...  >> here <<
Quote this message in a reply
This is what I've come up with so far.  

I'm wondering about starting equipment.  Is there a price limit?  I see Sumayl al-Akhir has Half-Plate which is 2000gp's plus his shield, weapons, Medium War Horse (and it's stuff) and Misc Equipment.

Stats Rolled: 12, 14, 15, 17, 17, 17

Name: Luminaris Anunwen (Ann-NOON-when)
Sex: Female
Race: Wood Elf (Str +1, Dex +1, Con -1, Int -1)
Class: Fighter 5/ Cleric 5 (19,250 xp's each)
Hit Points: 42/42  (1st: 11)  (2nd: 10) (3rd: 7) (4th: 7) (5th: 7)  Rolled well for 2nd level then Average for 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
AC:

STR: 18/65 (To Hit: +2, Damage: +3) (WA: +1250, OD: 1-4, BB/LG: 25%)
DEX: 16 (R/A Adj: +1 Defense Adj: +2)
CON: 16 (HP Adj: +2/+2), (System Shock: 95%, Res. Survival: 96%)
INT: 11 (Lang: Elvish, Common, Treant, and Woodland Animals.)
WIS: 17 (Magic Attack Adj: +3)
CHA: 14 (Max # Hench: 6, Loyalty: 5%, Reaction Adj: 10%

@Sumayl al-Akhir We all were given 35,001.  You have 36,001.  And it sucks that  Cavaliers don't have any prime ability scors so they don't get 10% bonus!    Confused   I also noticed that the Errata says that Cavaliers are suppose to have d10 for hit points not d12 which is confirmed at the bottom of Pg13 (Hit Dice Type).   Confused

One thing that effects me from the Errata is it now says that Multi Classed fighters can't Specialize.  Confused
(01-21-2018, 05:02 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:

@Sumayl al-Akhir We all were given 35,001.  You have 36,001.  And it sucks that  Cavaliers don't have any prime ability scors so they don't get 10% bonus!    Confused   I also noticed that the Errata says that Cavaliers are suppose to have d10 for hit points not d12 which is confirmed at the bottom of Pg13 (Hit Dice Type).   Confused

One thing that effects me from the Errata is it now says that Multi Classed fighters can't Specialize.  Confused

Snitches get stitches!!!  Tongue  

Ugh, I guess I have some rolls to make...  Undecided
(01-21-2018, 05:25 AM)Mardigan Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 05:02 AM)GM Marvel Wrote:

Snitches get stitches!!!  Tongue  

Ugh, I guess I have some rolls to make...  Undecided

Well personally I'm fine with keeping it d12 and obviously fine with allowing me to become specialized.   Tongue  
What kind of rolls?  Hit Points? Ohhhh spells?
(01-21-2018, 05:02 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: This is what I've come up with so far.  

I'm wondering about starting equipment.  Is there a price limit?  I see Sumayl al-Akhir has Half-Plate which is 2000gp's plus his shield, weapons, Medium War Horse (and it's stuff) and Misc Equipment.

Stats Rolled: 12, 14, 15, 17, 17, 17

Name: Luminaris Anunwen (Ann-NOON-when)
Sex: Female
Race: Wood Elf (Str +1, Dex +1, Con -1, Int -1)
Class: Fighter 5/ Cleric 5 (19,250 xp's each)
Hit Points: 42/42  (1st: 11)  (2nd: 10) (3rd: 7) (4th: 7) (5th: 7)  Rolled well for 2nd level then Average for 3rd, 4th, and 5th.
AC:

STR: 18/65 (To Hit: +2, Damage: +3) (WA: +1250, OD: 1-4, BB/LG: 25%)
DEX: 16 (R/A Adj: +1 Defense Adj: +2)
CON: 16 (HP Adj: +2/+2), (System Shock: 95%, Res. Survival: 96%)
INT: 11 (Lang: Elvish, Common, Treant, and Woodland Animals.)
WIS: 17 (Magic Attack Adj: +3)
CHA: 14 (Max # Hench: 6, Loyalty: 5%, Reaction Adj: 10%

Oh, crap. K will have to fix that tomorrow.
Redone HP roll

Hit point rolls [1d10] = 1, [1d10] = 8, [1d10] = 8, [1d10] = 3

Exactly half  will update my df when on pc later

Total hp = 13 + 20+Con 15 = 48 HP
(01-23-2018, 01:05 PM)Sumayl al-Akhir Wrote: Redone HP roll

Hit point rolls [1d10] = 1, [1d10] = 8, [1d10] = 8, [1d10] = 3

Exactly half  will update my df when on pc later

Total hp = 13 + 20+Con 15 = 48 HP

Well you might have wanted to wait to see what MiB has to say.  He may be completely fine with you keeping d12's... and me using specialization.  Blush
Ugh, rolled my spells finally.  I lost...
Sleep
Find Familiar - by 1%!
Burning Hands
Identify
Featherfall
Invisibility - If there was one spell a thief-wizard would have lol
Wizard Lock
Knock

Going to look into making up my own spells if possible. Like Freezing Hands instead of Burning Hands, or Cloakashute instead of Featherfall.  Sleep was painful to lose, maybe I can create a new spell called smart-phone that makes opponents so inattentive you can just coup-de-grace them. hehehe  Invisiblity, I'll have to think on that one, maybe a spell called "Overlooked."  You don't turn invisible, people just don't care about you hahaha!
(01-24-2018, 03:13 AM)Mardigan Wrote: Ugh, rolled my spells finally.  I lost...
Sleep
Find Familiar - by 1%!
Burning Hands
Identify
Featherfall
Invisibility - If there was one spell a thief-wizard would have lol
Wizard Lock
Knock

Going to look into making up my own spells if possible. Like Freezing Hands instead of Burning Hands, or Cloakashute instead of Featherfall.  Sleep was painful to lose, maybe I can create a new spell called smart-phone that makes opponents so inattentive you can just coup-de-grace them. hehehe  Invisiblity, I'll have to think on that one, maybe a spell called "Overlooked."  You don't turn invisible, people just don't care about you hahaha!

The loss of invisibility does suck.  I've never been a fan of that spell knowledge check.  A couple of bad rolls and you could really end up with a crappy wizard.  Just losing Magic Missile, Fireball and Lightning bolt would seriously weaken a wizard.  But remember you get to recheck every time your intelligence increases.

A few other things, losing sleep is crappy but in Ravenloft it's not so bad. I don't remember find familiar being all that useful in 1e.  When I DMed I remember house ruling that familiars gave the wizard the same bonus spells to wizards as high wisdom gave to clerics just so there was a reason to get one.  Unfortunately knock is an ouchy too.  In 1e you don't really have access to adamentine to cut through barriers like you do in 3e and you are allowed only 1 strength check per character to open a door.  If you fail there is no second try.

One other good thing about 1e spells is I don't believe there are many level caps for spells. So you don't need spells like greater dispel magic and at high levels spells like fireball are devastating because players stop rolling for hit points at around 9th or 10th level.  They only get 1 to 4 hit points per level afterward.  A generous DM might let you get your con bonus too.  I think hit points were another thing I house ruled too.
Ok, re-roll 1 for HP. Nobody likes getting a 1 for HP.

If you're missing spells you like, there are always scrolls and wands.

Cavaliers do indeed have d10 for HP.

Take whatever normal equipment you want. I'll get your random treasure out ASAP.

I'll have to look over any errata before making any rulings on it.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon