RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

AD&D I6 Ravenloft
I would be very interested in joining your game. I'm always up for a trip to Ravenloft. Although it's been a very long time since I've played 1st ed. So your going to have to remind me of the rules.
Quote this message in a reply
Do I wanna plage wizard or thief.. hmmmm... what sourcebooks are you allowing (mostly for wizard spell selection)?
Cool. We're up to three.

There are not many sourcebooks in 1e like there was for 2e and beyond. I'll be using the core stuff, Unearthed Arcana, Dungeoneer's and Wilderness Survival Guides. This will be based in Greyhawk so use that pantheon.
(11-12-2017, 08:12 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Cool.  We're up to three.

There are not many sourcebooks in 1e like there was for 2e and beyond.  I'll be using the core stuff, Unearthed Arcana, Dungeoneer's and Wilderness Survival Guides.  This will be based in Greyhawk so use that pantheon.

Since the advancement tables in 1st edition varied by a lot, will you be using xp to determine our starting level or the actual level?  

For example a Fighter that just turned 5th level with 18,001xp's will need +13,000xp's before reaching 6th level.  Meanwhile a Thief with the same xp's would already 5th level and only +2,000 away from 6th level. The original game used these discrepancies in level to balance out the power between classes.  So a 5th level Fighter would be about equal to a 6th level Thief.  Making everyone 5th level would handicap the Thief.  It's late so I hope I'm making sense.   Tongue
You'll all get the same amount of XP.

I plan on starting around level 5, but it really depends on how many players sign up for this. Six will get enough experience to equal a 5th level fighter. (Each) Fewer will up that total. More will lessen it. Multi-class characters would split that xp amongst their classes. I usually ignore racial level limits. An elf doesn't have that great of a bonus to make him have to stop levelling at 5th (or whatever it is) so a human fighter can compete.
Just letting everyone know this is still on the table. If everyone is comfortable with three players, I'll add in an NPC as a fourth to round out the group.
I'm good starting with the people we have. Should be fun to adventure in Ravenloft again
1st ed .. 5tth level fighter experience? hmm I will figure out a character idea and presennt it next week sometime (after this Black friday craziness ends)
Since it's still a pretty small group, let's start out with 35,001 xp. Everyone throw out what you want to play so we can cover all the bases. If everyone decides to be a thief, this could get ugly. Wink
lol no worries I know what GM Marvel will probably play after 25 years of gaming with him, he still might surprise me

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon