RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
(so everyone followed Lugar, Giant being second, Torin and Toot being last. Only Lugar wrote that he would run and Shanna explicitly wrote that she would cautiously follow so I assum the rest don't run Giant can still keep up the pace with Lugar. Toot could keep up with the lead but if he "goes with the others" I treat it as majority so means with Merri, Shanna, Torin, and the pony. Merri following the others (who have darkvision) probably has to fall back to cautious pace with Shanna so Torin and the light-wielding pony can keep up with them. Of course, Torin could also attempt to mount the pony (a bit undersized for him) to up his pace, or use Longstrider if memorised, for example... anyway correct me if I got something wrong and position yourselves accordingly on roll20.)

Lugar sprints with all his dwarven agility back along the path until he arrives at a crossing where he's no longer sure which way the voice came from. This ring? Or the next, outermost ring? He can clearly remember that they arrived to this spot from the west (right of Lugar at the moment) and the path to the left (east) is probably a dead end (barring the option of wading through ant-infested mushrooms). Going back all the way the party came to reach the outhermost ring would take about 660 feet (10 more rounds running due to corners) or he could pass the mushroom ring head-on (80 feet, half of which is difficult terrain, can be covered easily in three rounds).

Giant keeps up the pace easily but apparently has no idea where in the maze they are.

Merri follows at the foremost possible edge of the illuminated aura around Torin's pony.

Torin, Toot, and Shanna close the ranks, carefully retracing their steps the way they arrived.
Private to Shanna
The loremaster recalls having seen giant ants along the way but she can't recall where exactly.
Private to Torin
The deep dwarf recalls having seen giant ants along the way and though it's more mushrooms than rock it still resembles some of the vast chambers of dwarven lords and thus he can still remember that the ants they saw were one ring away, about 100-120 feet S-SW from where Torin is now (OOC - relative to where I placed Torin on roll20 but you may adjust your place)

There's silence as Lugar stops to assess his array of choices. Only the others' footsteps can be heard when suddenly a deep rumble echoes in everyone's heads, as if coming from deep. Deep within.
In a matter of a few seconds, the party is overcome by ravenous hunger and thirst, out of nowhere!
Everyone please roll 4+3 Constitution checks. (thirst: DC 10, 11, 12, 13; hunger: DC 10, 11, 12)

(OOC - please revise your reserves; I assume the last time you had some food was in the morning when you left the camp Cranberry provided to you. I recall Toot gathered some berries but I assume everyone else consumed their own rations, right?)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round... - by DM Surranó - 12-18-2017, 08:56 AM