RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
Wow! Big rope here, tiny rope there. But where is the tiny dragon? Isn't he at home? - He is looking for the dragon and other creatures in the maze, and treasure of course.
- This effect is similiar to the Shirnk Item spell. I go outside and summon a pony. We will see what happend with him.
He turns to SG:
- Could you come with me? I need you and your strong arms.
(08-17-2017, 10:07 AM)Torin Wrote: - This effect is similiar to the Shirnk Item spell. I go outside and summon a pony. We will see what happend with him.
He turns to SG:

Heh, can't you handle a pony? Hehe. - SG follows the dwarf
(08-17-2017, 11:04 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 10:07 AM)Torin Wrote: - This effect is similiar to the Shirnk Item spell. I go outside and summon a pony. We will see what happend with him.
He turns to SG:

Torin waits until Shanna pulls out the fishing hook after he starts and share his plan with SG.

- I couldn't able to cast inside the cave. We could walk on the water thanks for my spell, but the pony won't. So you will catch it and bring it.

Outside Torin summons a pony from his wand afterward they come back with it. 

- May I take your rope. - asks from Shanna. He ties one end to the pony give the other end to SG: - Hold it! And tosses the mammal from south.
(08-17-2017, 06:10 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: OOC - that's "some" rope that you can tie around a fishing hook. Or is it a whale-sized hook? Smile but I like the direction where it goes so let's play pretend...

Shanna tosses the hook, keeping hold of the rope, and the hook flies, just to disappear in a flash as it passes above the first ring. The rope seems to be severed at the ring's outer perimeter, its end lazily lying on the ground.

"Look!" Lugar exclaims, pointing at the end of the rope, and Torin can see it as well.
The rope is not severed-- the part inside the ring is simply shrunk into the thickness of a shoelace. The several feet of rope has turned into a few inches of shoelace. Whether there's a fishing hook at the end is rather hard to tell without leaning very, very close.
The two arcane casters stand dumbfounded but Torin recognises the effect; seems to be the equivalent of Shrink Item.

Shanna's grin turns positively nasty at what she sees.  Got you, you sneaky bastard!

(08-17-2017, 10:06 AM)Silent Giant Wrote: Wow! Big rope here, tiny rope there. But where is the tiny dragon? Isn't he at home? - He is looking for the dragon and other creatures in the maze, and treasure of course.

Shanna retrieves her rope and nods to him, already looking around.  "Correct.  And if I can just find the dragon statue that I sensed earlier...it is likely that we will find our green.  In any case, get ready."

[[Active Search for dragon statue from earlier]]

He turns to SG:

"That is indeed a fascinating effect.  I may need to put that in my personal tome should I find a scroll of it."
(08-17-2017, 12:51 PM)Torin Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 11:04 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
He turns to SG:

Torin waits until Shanna pulls out the fishing hook after he starts and share his plan with SG.

- I couldn't able to cast inside the cave. We could walk on the water thanks for my spell, but the pony won't. So you will catch it and bring it.

Outside Torin summons a pony from his wand afterward they come back with it. 

- May I take your rope. - asks from Shanna. He ties one end to the pony give the other end to SG: - Hold it! And tosses the mammal from south.

Catch and bring a pony???  I prefer if a horse is under me not inversely. Are you sure? - SG puts down his weapon and equipment inside the cave and helps him. He catches the pony, khm Smile

OOC - You can't use verbal component to cast a spell (or have a chance to fail), but I think you can use your wand inside, can't you?
[[Wands are a triggered effect. The spells have already been cast, so they just await the finger to pull the trigger on letting them go. That's how I understand it anyway.]]

[[EDIT: Oh yeah, they require a command word to be spoken.]]
(08-17-2017, 05:18 PM)Shanna Rendin Wrote: [[Wands are a triggered effect.  The spells have already been cast, so they just await the finger to pull the trigger on letting them go.  That's how I understand it anyway.]]

[[EDIT: Oh yeah, they require a command word to be spoken.]]

OOC - Okay, but in my opinion a command word is not so precise performance like a verbal component. Comman word is like speaking, it triggers the spell as you said.
OOC - What happens if you fumble on a command word? Is the charge from the wand wasted? Hint: what happens when you say "pork" if the command word is "spark"?

As Shanna pulls on the rope it recoils with an audible "snap". Whatever was inside the ring is now torn apart from the main part of the rope.
OOC @Shanna Rendin - you didn't specify how much of the rope you toss inside but the gap between the rings is about 5 feet so I'd say no more than that. Say, 3 feet. Please mark it on your sheet that your rope is now that much shorter.
OOC @Shanna Rendin - dragon statue from earlier? Um.... Did I miss something I wrote? Smile

Shanna looks puzzled but Merri apparently realised what had happened.
OOC - rolled Int check for everyone but practically only the two high-int characters stood a chance. Merri succeeded so I will tell you the answer but first I give everyone a chance to earn xp by explaining what happened to the rope. Put your guesses into SPOILER tags so that others have a chance, too. You all have 24 hours and may post as many explanations you can figure.

OOC @Torin - if the rope's fate didn't influence your plans, here's what happens...
Torin summons the pony and if Shanna lends him her remaining rope then ties him appropriately and doesn't really toss, more like pushes, the mount into the ring.
The equine seems to be frightened at the perspective but eventually submits to his faith. Inside, he shrinks to a mere 4 inches tall at the withers.
There is a permanent shrink everyting spell (like shrink item) and the affected object/subject can be shrunk and expanded an indefinite number of times, , but only by the original caster.
Objects changed by a shrink item spell can be returned to normal composition and size merely by tossing them onto any solid surface or by a word of command from the original caster. So the shrinked part remained shrinked but inside.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon