RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-5: You're whirling 'round...
Maybe the dragon will leave the maze at the northeast exit. - he shrugs
Shanna shrugs.  "Perhaps there's pit of some kind at the center that leads to its lair.  That is, unless this whole thing is an elaborate ploy to lead us to a false entrance where it can ensnare us more easily."
[OoC: I'm sorry for not being around.  One of my clients suddenly lost his ability to stand and started having several Grand Mal Seizures.  Extra staffing was needed for the hospital and with several staff away on vacation or resigning to get ready for school, chaos ensued.   Confused ]

[OoC2: Toot has no way of calling the Pony unless he turns himself into a pony or removes the Helm of Comprehend Languages from Boo and puts it on the Pony's head or Casts a Speak with Animal's spell.

Toot will of course be using his Knowledge of Nature and Survival skills to try to learn more information about the mushrooms.  

Toot happens to have some string for the fishhook.   Big Grin

"Perhaps me could summon Air Elemental.  Then ask it to fly as fast as it can to scout whatever on other side.  It really fast.  Or could use Air Elemental that already here but me doubt wizard want to place familiar in jeopardy.  I know me wouldn't."
The little air elemental ducks behind Merri's neck at Toot's suggestion. "Good thinking. Did you have that spell prepared already?"
(08-26-2017, 06:25 AM)Merrinna Starsong Wrote: The little air elemental ducks behind Merri's neck at Toot's suggestion.  "Good thinking.  Did you have that spell prepared already?"

"I'm a doodid," Toot squeaks in annoyance.  "If me has a spell than me always has natural and elemental creatures that me can summon."

Toot begins to dance and wave his mistletoe about in a ritualistic fashion.  A tiny dust devil begins to form in front of him.  It grows in size until it's about the size of a halfling.

Toot will the speak to the air elemental in its language.  He tells it to enter the shrinking thingy.  Take a quick look around and return to tell him what it saw.  Avoid combat.  Go!!

[OoC:  Swapping Obscuring Mist for SNA2.  Might as well extend it too.  Reminder: Duration is now 16 rounds and the elemental's strength and Constitution is +4 each. ]
The little air elemental flies into the mushroom ring and immediately becomes a slight breeze that carries no more than a dry leaf. As time passes its movement doesn't seem to be continuous, rather stroboscopic (as if there would be two pictures every round) and it flies about fifty feet in a haphazard manner before flying back. It's hardly enough to cover one quarter of the outermost circle.
When returns, it reports that there is a pony at the entrance, and there are huge mushrooms there with large bugs and gargantuan snails chewing on them. It found passing between mushrooms too risky because of these bugs and snails and it couldn't fly above the mushrooms. It says it felt "deadly" there, the Auran word literally translates to "airless".
Toot tells everyone what the air elemental reported.  He will also ask if anyone has any questions for the creature before it returns to where it was conjured from.
"Airless? Was the pony dead then?"
Airless? Huh, what have you expected in a tiny maze? What about my fishhook and her rope?
The elemental described the space above the mushrooms as "airless" or "deadly". Considering the mushrooms' size anything less than about 16 feet high (normal size) should be below that level. The idea of that statement was that the air elemental did not feel safe flying above the mushrooms.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon