RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Into the Fire
Karst grunts as he suits down. 

"Did they send any maintenance crews in to repair things after the guard was crushed? I know they could care less about Jendu.. no offense.. But if a guard was splattered, you'd think they'd react with some concern.  If they did not react that means that it was deliberate, and a message to the guards. It means the guards do not feel safe either."
(12-19-2017, 07:56 PM)Nova Wrote:
Nova looked up at Rahullu. "Maybe we can turn being separated to our advantage somehow? I know you stand the best chance of surviving on your own, but maybe Karst, Tibbs or I can stir up enough trouble by our lonesome to see a little more bit of this place than we have? I mean, members of the staff are so far out of sight — what better place to hide than that, huh?

Nova smiled, "And I'm pretty good at getting into trouble."

"See if you can get your roommate to say more than three words... maybe she's seen some things?"

Then, upon overhearing Caisy's concern, Nova rolled her eyes, before turning to face the lovebirds.

"Well, lucky for Tibbs, he's in safe hands now, right Red? Have there been any other accidents? Was that guard up to anything... uh, untoward? I mean, we met a gamblin' man who was on the prison payroll our first real day here, so who knows what else is going on behind the security cameras?"

Korstyn grunts  "I would say that their attempts to divide and conquer you and your little friends are as ineffective as they are transparent.  They managed to get to your sand-rat friend, but then tried and failed to get pretty boy there.  Your problem is one of attrition.  They hold all the keys and guard all the doors.  They can wait you out.  Whatever it is you're looking for, you need to find it and get out of here."
Quote:"Well, lucky for Tibbs, he's in safe hands now, right Red? Have there been any other accidents? Was that guard up to anything... uh, untoward? I mean, we met a gamblin' man who was on the prison payroll our first real day here, so who knows what else is going on behind the security cameras?"
Caisy blushes and pulls her arm away from Jendu.  "Yeah, I guess you could say that.  He was one of those that like to throw their weight around.  A real bully."  She narrows her eyes and looks around at the crew.  "Waaaaait....  Are you saying that someone could have done this on purpose?  That would take some serious planning to set up."
Rahullu nods at the last comment, from the female. "aaaaahnr raaaaaahhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughghhhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh raaaaaahhgh aaahnruh raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw huurh awwgggghhh wrrhw uughghhhgh aaaaahnr uughguughhhghghghhhgh raaaaaahhgh raaaaaahhgh"

occ: She speaks true, about attrition we need to start geting intell shall we press purple for info?"
(12-26-2017, 10:34 PM)noctum_carpe Wrote: Rahullu nods at the last comment, from the female. "aaaaahnr raaaaaahhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh uughghhhgh uughguughhhghghghhhgh raaaaaahhgh aaahnruh raaaaaahhgh aarrragghuuhw huurh awwgggghhh wrrhw uughghhhgh aaaaahnr uughguughhhghghghhhgh raaaaaahhgh raaaaaahhgh"

occ: She speaks true, about attrition we need to start geting intell shall we press purple for info?"

"At the very least, he'll know who paid him to test us. That might be a dead end, but it's at least a start."
Man in Black Wrote:Caisy blushes and pulls her arm away from Jendu.  "Yeah, I guess you could say that.  He was one of those that like to throw their weight around.  A real bully."  She narrows her eyes and looks around at the crew.  "Waaaaait....  Are you saying that someone could have done this on purpose?  That would take some serious planning to set up."

"In the case of a guard bullying inmates, I guess I'm glad that whoever put such elaborate plans into action had her heart in the right place. Right, Red? But that begs the question of why Jendu would be targeted next? I mean... why would you do that?"

Nova paused purposefully. Then, "Oh. I mean, why would someone do that?"
Caisy takes on a confused and hurt look. "I don't understand. Are you trying to say I had something to do with all this? I'm not going to say I wasn't happy to see that guard get squished, because he did get handsy with me, but to say I somehow managed to sneak out, climb up and sabotage some equipment to fall on him at just the right moment... Why, that's just preposterous! And... Jendu? You mean Tibbs?" She looks back and forth between the two of them as if trying to figure something out.

(Roll your con. Boring conversation anyway? )
(12-29-2017, 12:27 PM)Man in Black Wrote: Caisy takes on a confused and hurt look.  "I don't understand.  Are you trying to say I had something to do with all this?  I'm not going to say I wasn't happy to see that guard get squished, because he did get handsy with me, but to say I somehow managed to sneak out, climb up and sabotage some equipment to fall on him at just the right moment...  Why, that's just preposterous!  And...  Jendu?  You mean Tibbs?"  She looks back and forth between the two of them as if trying to figure something out.

(Roll your con.  Boring conversation anyway? )

"Oh, no no. Don't mind me, Red. Just thinking aloud — I meant 'you' in the general sense.

And we're all Jendu. I am. You are. We are Jendu. Jendu is us. 
It's a spiritual term for 'we'
that I picked up from a pilgrimage to the Holy City on Jedha. From back when I was little."

I'm just looking out for us.
All of us. You know, all the people I've come to trust in here...."

Nova cursed herself inwardly. Get your head out of the clouds, Verité. Focus!

Doubt began to consume her thoughts. Maybe Rahullu was right, after all.
Maybe she was just a scared kid who wasn't cut out to lead this mission.... 

PERCEPTION [4d6] = 7 Con attempt!
OOC: Oh yeah, this will go well....
Garlen Veir Wrote:Karst grunts as he suits down. 

"Did they send any maintenance crews in to repair things after the guard was crushed? I know they could care less about Jendu.. no offense.. But if a guard was splattered, you'd think they'd react with some concern.  If they did not react that means that it was deliberate, and a message to the guards. It means the guards do not feel safe either."

Tibbs hears his real name spoken and when Caisey isn't looking he flashes a concerned look at Karst.  He then looks at Caisy and flashes a warm smile, while trying to decide if she noticed.  ~She didn't say anything about it,~ he thinks to himself.  It seemed she either wasn't that interested in what Karst said when he sat down or she was paying so much attention to the senator that she failed to notice.

DM MiB Wrote:Caisy blushes and pulls her arm away from Jendu.  "Yeah, I guess you could say that.  He was one of those that like to throw their weight around.  A real bully."  She narrows her eyes and looks around at the crew.  "Waaaaait....  Are you saying that someone could have done this on purpose?  That would take some serious planning to set up."

When Caisy blushes and begins to pull her arm away, Tibbs will place his hand on hers and give her a reassuring look, letting her know that it's ok and she doesn't need to pull away.

Nova Wrote:"In the case of a guard bullying inmates, I guess I'm glad that whoever put such elaborate plans into action had her heart in the right place. Right, Red? But that begs the question of why Jendu would be targeted next? I mean... why would you do that?"

Nova paused purposefully. Then, "Oh. I mean, why would someone do that?"

DM MiB Wrote:Caisy takes on a confused and hurt look. "I don't understand. Are you trying to say I had something to do with all this? I'm not going to say I wasn't happy to see that guard get squished, because he did get handsy with me, but to say I somehow managed to sneak out, climb up and sabotage some equipment to fall on him at just the right moment... Why, that's just preposterous! And... Jendu? You mean Tibbs?" She looks back and forth between the two of them as if trying to figure something out.

Tibbs was shocked that once again his real name was mentioned and this time Caisy seemed to take notice.  He turns his head to look at Nova (assuming that Caisy can't see his face now) and his jaw dropped slightly while flashing Nova a look that translated easily into, 'Really?'  

Nova Wrote:"Oh, no no. Don't mind me, Red. Just thinking aloud — I meant 'you' in the general sense.

And we're all Jendu. I am. You are. We are Jendu. Jendu is us. It's a spiritual term for 'we'
that I picked up from a pilgrimage to the Holy City on Jedha. From back when I was little."

I'm just looking out for us. All of us. You know, all the people I've come to trust in here...."

"I think I might have heard something about that word," Tibbs pretends to recall.  He hoped to help add to the credibility of Nova's lie.

[OoC: Con= 4d6; Total=13; Not a horrible roll. Just 1 point from average.]
Caisy looked back at Nova with a blank expression. "Uh-huh," she replied flatly. Jendu's somewhat convincing remark didn't seem to help. "Well then. I guess I'll leave you to your pilgrimage." She gets up and walks away stiffly as she makes her way back to their cell.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon