RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Into the Fire
Jolted by the crash close by, Nova's first reaction is to see that Jendu is OK.
Seeing that he is, and now riding a wave of keyed up adrenaline and mild
paranoia, she suspiciously eyes the area from whence the light fixture fell,
as well as the other inmates and guards around them. PERCEPTION [4d6] = 12

Nova then pays particular attention to the standoffish newcomer... and to her own new cellmate.
What is Caisy's reaction to her would-be-beau being in harm's way? PERCEPTION [4d6] = 18
"What the frag!" Jendu exclaims while looking in the direct the fixture fell.  "What kind of death trap are you people running around here?  I could have been killed?"  Jendu was shaken by the near miss.  He knew this was going to be dangerous and he could die but being smooshed by some random light fixture wasn't really his idea of a heroic end.  And this place might have already jaded him but he didn't think it was any accident.  If he was correct then why would someone target him?  Unlike many senators he appeared fairly sturdy but he didn't carry himself like a soldier nor was he any where as intimidating as a Wookie.  He supposed it's possible that if he was targeted it could be because he looked like the easiest to knock off.  This thought was not one he wanted to entertain but if true, Jendu would have to be even more alert.  

Pushing the dreadful thought out of his mind, Jendu tries to spot where the fixture came from; who might have rigged it to fall; if anyone was looking particularly guilty; if Tiktuk was just sleep or even dead.  It the Jawa was dead then maybe someone was trying to pick them all off one by one...

[OoC: Jendu will be using a mixture of Perception (D3) and Sense (D3) to try to Sherlock these mysteries.]
Korstyn returns Nova’s look unflinchingly and continues to look around. She’s very subtle about her examination of their surroundings, not letting anyone know that she’s focused on what might fall and crush them...Wookiee included. She just...doesn’t want to show it yet. She doesn’t trust anyone because she’s been burned too often too recently.

Perception: [3d6] = 9
Rahallu gets a quick look before the guards usher him away. The broken ends show signs of strain, but there is no rust or unusual marks. Above the line there are a number of light fixtures, pipes, and ventilation that could fall on most anyone at the line.

The ceiling is rather high. Garlen can't see any signs of tampering.

Nova can't see anything up above that looks suspicious. Many of the inmates look a little rattled, but quite a few of them don't give much of a reaction and get back to their work. The guards are more interested in making sure everyone is working than any safety concerns. Caisy is biting her lip as she stares at the fixture and Jendu. When she notices Nova staring at her, she returns with a wry smile and goes back to her work.

Jendu can't sense Tiktuk at all. She must be dead. He does notice a lot of shocked faces, but nobody really strikes him as guilty. He doesn't see any more signs of tampering than anyone else.

Korstyn sees nothing different than the others.

A few hours later, everyone is marched back to the cell block where the smell of food reminds everyone how long it's been since their last meal. The old man that was left behind seems to be just finishing his meal. As everyone is let in, the inmates rush to get into the food line. Everyone seems to have forgotten already that someone nearly died.
Nova returned a smile of her own in answer, but was now suspicious of everyone — including Caisy.
When the fixture fell, Nova immediately suspected that someone on the prison staff was responsible.
It was a sound space for a Jedi to go into hiding after all. Though the old man wasn't present either,
and was it only out of concern that Caisy had eyeballed the senator and the faulty fixtures overhead?

During her time on Jedha, Nova had heard tale of Jedi moving things with their mind. TikTuk hadn't
been able to perform such feats with the Force, but the person they were searching for was already
far more powerful... and could clearly conceal that fact.
When he gets a chance, Jendu will tell the group his suspicions about Tiktuk which likely similar to their own.  He will then add, "I doubt Tiktuk just passed away peacefully in his sleep.  And then there is an 'accident' that nearly crushes me?  Seems like someone is targeting us.  We need to step up our investigation and get the frag out of this place!  That means we might have to be a little more aggressive.  We can't just sit back and wait for them to pick us off one by one!"
In wookie agree, but how should we proceed? Rhere are Many of us and we are splitt up most of the time. It could be anyone from guards to The big one i out down.

Skickat från min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk
Caisy sets her tray next to Jendu's and squeezes in next to him. She drapes her arm over him and asks, "are you ok? That thing almost hit you! Wow. They need to get this place fixed. Another unit fell and crushed a guard like a month ago. It's dangerous in here."
Nova looked up at Rahullu. "Maybe we can turn being separated to our advantage somehow? I know you stand the best chance of surviving on your own, but maybe Karst, Tibbs or I can stir up enough trouble by our lonesome to see a little more bit of this place than we have? I mean, members of the staff are so far out of sight — what better place to hide than that, huh?

Nova smiled, "And I'm pretty good at getting into trouble."

"See if you can get your roommate to say more than three words... maybe she's seen some things?"

Then, upon overhearing Caisy's concern, Nova rolled her eyes, before turning to face the lovebirds.

"Well, lucky for Tibbs, he's in safe hands now, right Red? Have there been any other accidents? Was that guard up to anything... uh, untoward? I mean, we met a gamblin' man who was on the prison payroll our first real day here, so who knows what else is going on behind the security cameras?"
(12-18-2017, 08:33 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Caisy sets her tray next to Jendu's and squeezes in next to him.  She drapes her arm over him and asks, "are you ok?  That thing almost hit you!   Wow.  They need to get this place fixed.  Another unit fell and crushed a guard like a month ago.  It's dangerous in here."

Jendu returns Caisy's show of affection with a warm smile. "I'm alright.  You say it crushed the guard, as in dead?  Interesting that that keeps happening.  Who was the guard?  Did he happen to piss anyone off?"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon