RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rules Discussion/ House rules
I rolled 12 for jawa trade before? Also since they had no grenades can i use the officers pistol and overload it as a pseudo grenade?
!0 is good enough for understanding Jawa. By the way, where are you guys finding difficulties for languages? I'll admit that languages have rarely factored into any of my Star Wars games. I can't even remember the last time it came up.

I'm allowing Jury-rigging, but I can't remember which book it came out of. I've looked through a couple of my books that I thought I saw it in but nothing. I'll keep looking in a bit. Got a headache. Go ahead and roll weapon repair. Seems pretty simple so 10, but you want it done in a minute not an hour so 15.
(06-10-2017, 07:01 AM)Man in Black Wrote: !0 is good enough for understanding Jawa.  By the way, where are you guys finding difficulties for languages?  I'll admit that languages have rarely factored into any of my Star Wars games.  I can't even remember the last time it came up.  

I'm allowing Jury-rigging, but I can't remember which book it came out of.  I've looked through a couple of my books that I thought I saw it in but nothing.  I'll keep looking in a bit.  Got a headache.  Go ahead and roll weapon repair.  Seems pretty simple so 10, but you want it done in a minute not an hour so 15.
Crackens field guide
Racial Descriptions and standard difficulty chart
Nova pitches in!

Cracken Rebel Field Guide (Jury-Rigging p.2-3)
http://d6holocron.com/downloads/books/WEG40046.pdf

Jawa trade talk (from Wookieepedia)
"To enable Jawas to more easily bargain and trade with other species, they relied on a simplified form of Jawaese, the Jawa Trade language which removed the use of scent in the language and was quite easily learned by species that commonly dealt with Jawa traders."

Common Phrases:

Mob un loo?—"How much?"
Mombay m'bwa.—"That's mine."
Tandi kwa!—"Give it back!"
Untinni!—"Come on!" or "Let's go!"
Togo togu!—"Hands off!"
Omu'sata.—"Shut up."

2 Questions :-)

1. Are we using the straight up "set number" 1E Difficulties, or the ranges introduced in the Rules Companion?

2. I didn't realize the trade talk difficulty had come from a reading of Jawa description, but if that is the case,
shouldn't we say it's a Very Easy language (difficulty 5) to learn since wookieepedia phrases it as "quite easily learned",
in that it's so so easy you're able to pick it up soon after being cheated by talking with some Jawas?
(06-10-2017, 07:01 AM)Man in Black Wrote: !0 is good enough for understanding Jawa.  By the way, where are you guys finding difficulties for languages?  I'll admit that languages have rarely factored into any of my Star Wars games.  I can't even remember the last time it came up.  

I'm allowing Jury-rigging, but I can't remember which book it came out of.  I've looked through a couple of my books that I thought I saw it in but nothing.  I'll keep looking in a bit.  Got a headache.  Go ahead and roll weapon repair.  Seems pretty simple so 10, but you want it done in a minute not an hour so 15.

Okay, seems more something for the Jawa to do, but at least i understand JAwa.

Oh yes one more rules question. How about taking more time on a task, in 2 ed you can get +1D if you do things slowly and doubble the time and i think its a good rule. Does not work in combat unless you really want the nermies uppon you, thou
The range difficulties have to be set in stone. I may adjust difficulties up or down depending on circumstances, but a sliding scale for weapon ranges? I don't think so. Outside factors such as cover and concealment may have an effect on range DC, though.

I think 10 is a reasonable number. I can't imagine picking up an alien language could ever be considered 'easy.' Maybe if you were to download "Jawas for Dummies," the task would be easier. Having an instructor would make it easier.

Taking time for a bonus would be situational. I do believe that is already covered with the DC. Generally speaking, things take the time they take. If you can articulate what you are doing to make your job easier, I can take a few points off the DC. When my friend tore apart my engine and threw parts and screws everywhere, I had a difficult time putting the damn thing back together. If we instead took pictures and labeled everything to keep it organized, putting it back together would have been easy.
in the racial description Jawa trade is "Very Easy 5 "
(06-11-2017, 06:45 AM)Man in Black Wrote: The range difficulties have to be set in stone.  I may adjust difficulties up or down depending on circumstances, but a sliding scale for weapon ranges?  I don't think so.  Outside factors such as cover and concealment may have an effect on range DC, though.  

I think 10 is a reasonable number.  I can't imagine picking up an alien language could ever be considered 'easy.'  Maybe if you were to download "Jawas for Dummies," the task would be easier.  Having an instructor would make it easier.

Taking time for a bonus would be situational.  I do believe that is already covered with the DC.  Generally speaking, things take the time they take.  If you can articulate what you are doing to make your job easier, I can take a few points off the DC.  When my friend tore apart my engine and threw parts and screws everywhere, I had a difficult time putting the damn thing back together.  If we instead took pictures and labeled everything to keep it organized, putting it back together would have been easy.

yeah i always do that, helps a lot
(06-11-2017, 06:45 AM)Man in Black Wrote: The range difficulties have to be set in stone.  I may adjust difficulties up or down depending on circumstances, but a sliding scale for weapon ranges?  I don't think so.  Outside factors such as cover and concealment may have an effect on range DC, though.  

I think 10 is a reasonable number.  I can't imagine picking up an alien language could ever be considered 'easy.'  Maybe if you were to download "Jawas for Dummies," the task would be easier.  Having an instructor would make it easier.

Taking time for a bonus would be situational.  I do believe that is already covered with the DC.  Generally speaking, things take the time they take.  If you can articulate what you are doing to make your job easier, I can take a few points off the DC.  When my friend tore apart my engine and threw parts and screws everywhere, I had a difficult time putting the damn thing back together.  If we instead took pictures and labeled everything to keep it organized, putting it back together would have been easy.

Oh yeah, I agree about range difficulties, I was just curious about overall difficulties, but I am glad to know it looks like we're using the standard "set" 1E task difficulties (Moderate is a hard 15, etc)!

And 10 is definitely more than reasonable to learn a language, and I hear ya that learning any new one would be a to-do. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of Very Easy language checks to understand Jawa trade talk? Like everytime Tiktuk says something, if somebody rolls at least a Very Easy 5, they more or less understand?

And I'm glad the "twice as long" bonus is in play, since the 1E preparation bonus is as well, yeah? Though in either case, you have to only be doing whatever the task is.

Thank you for the clarifications, MiB!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon