RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rules Discussion/ House rules
(06-16-2017, 10:17 AM)Man in Black Wrote: (Everyone add a character point to your sheet for gameplay so far.  You have a few hours of downtime before reaching the Corporate Sector.  I'll give you guys a little time to gulp in some air and let the blood pressure even out before starting the next chapter.)

So we are adding +1 character point for escaping the prologue, instead of skill point? I support this house-ruling, if so! :-D
Character point and skill point are interchangeable. Raising your skills costs the usual points per the rule. The cost to raise a skill +1 (1 pip) is equal to the number before the 'd.' Example: Skill is 3d+2. It will cost 3 points to raise it by one pip. 3d+2 + 1 = 4d.
Ah, I was more curious about the in-game use of Character Points vs. being able to use Skill Points only for skill advancement after a session. Now I recall that I may've asked about this in the OOC thread already. I think you ruled on the side of pure 1E skill point usage there, but I was thrown by the name/term switch in the IC thread. All good since it looks like you're going with "for skill advancement only." Thanks again for the clarification!
Some clarifications and addendum to brawling.
STR>Dam = nothing
STR<Dam = stunned for that round
STR<Damx2 = stunned and knocked down
STR<Damx3 = knocked out

Stun adds up only on consecutive rounds. Yes, that means a fight can go on until someone lands a really good blow or manages a good combo. Feels realistic enough without being rules heavy. Of course that's with relatively equal opponents. Wookie vs. human will likely be short.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon