RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rules Discussion/ House rules
I try to be as transparent and consistent as possible.  Any changes to the rules as written will be noted here.  I invite discussion, but that doesn't mean I will see it your way.  I like to err on the side of fun.

For grappling, i would ordinarily go with 10, but he was attempting 1 handed so I upped the difficulty to 15.  The stormtrooper tried to shoot, but his roll was lower.  The officer just went defensive and made the dodge handily.  I ruled hitting one person with another person a 15, so that just barely missed being wildly entertaining.
No problem thou i hate my rollsSad Now i know why chewie has like 11D in brawl
(06-08-2017, 04:07 PM)Rahullu Wrote: No problem thou i hate my rollsSad Now i know why chewie has like 11D in brawl

I hear ya, by the time of ESB, Han had 11D+1 starship piloting!
Chewie is 200+ years old though! You will get there eventually ;-)
Been doing some thinking. I haven't run this in RL in over 10 year, but I've done pbp off and on over the years. What works in table top does not always work in pbp. Still, it has been awhile. I seem to remember having to adjust combat since declare actions, roll actions, roll reactions made combat drag with all the waiting. So let's try this method:

When you post your action, include your skill roll and a dodge roll while subtracting 1d from each for multiple actions. This will represent a bit of moving around while shooting, or shooting defensively. Your dodge roll is added to the difficulty number to hit you. If you just straight shooting and someone hits you, I will roll your dodge score as a last ditch effort. This dodge result will replace the difficulty number if the roll is higher, similar to 2e. I feel it's a good compromise especially since it quickly gets hard to hit PC's as they get better. Also go ahead and include damage rolls with your attacks.

Thoughts?

Because I expect there to be a bit of brawling coming up, I've decided to revise the rules slightly. Brawling damage works much like setting blasters to stun. Wookies can still easily beat stormtroopers into submission. They just get back up after a little while. Longer if they have a concussion spotter on the bench. Wink
(06-09-2017, 09:39 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Been doing some thinking.  I haven't run this in RL in over 10 year, but I've done pbp off and on over the years.  What works in table top does not always work in pbp.  Still, it has been awhile.  I seem to remember having to adjust combat since declare actions, roll actions, roll reactions made combat drag with all the waiting.  So let's try this method:

When you post your action, include your skill roll and a dodge roll while subtracting 1d from each for multiple actions.  This will represent a bit of moving around while shooting, or shooting defensively.  Your dodge roll is added to the difficulty number to hit you.  If you just straight shooting and someone hits you, I will roll your dodge score as a last ditch effort.  This dodge result will replace the difficulty number if the roll is higher, similar to 2e.  I feel it's a good compromise especially since it quickly gets hard to hit PC's as they get better.  Also go ahead and include damage rolls with your attacks.  

Thoughts?

Because I expect there to be a bit of brawling coming up, I've decided to revise the rules slightly.  Brawling damage works much like setting blasters to stun.  Wookies can still easily beat stormtroopers into submission.  They just get back up after a little while.  Longer if they have a concussion spotter on the bench.  Wink

what about total dodges then? Throwing stoormies is that stunn? what about breaking/disclocating bones with grab/loocks? and finally also what about reactiionary skill use?
What do i need to roll to know jawa btw?
If all you're doing is dodging then the normal rules apply.

I use collision damage to resolve 'trooper tossin' with all the usual effects.

If you want to grapple someone, then brawl vs. strength for normal damage. Once you have them grappled, of course. Brawl vs. Brawl for a pin. I would never tell a wookie they can't pull arms from sockets.

Any reactionary skill use I haven't covered falls under normal rules. I am pondering doing straight up melee vs. melee parry, though. That's a dim maybe.
(06-09-2017, 10:30 AM)Man in Black Wrote: If all you're doing is dodging then the normal rules apply.  

I use collision damage to resolve 'trooper tossin' with all the usual effects.  

If you want to grapple someone, then brawl vs. strength for normal damage.  Once you have them grappled, of course.  Brawl vs. Brawl for a pin.  I would never tell a wookie they can't pull arms from sockets.  

Any reactionary skill use I haven't covered falls under normal rules.  I am pondering doing straight up melee vs. melee parry, though.  That's a dim ma

I am pondering doing straight up melee vs. melee parry, though.  That's a dim mabye??? i dont understand
Rather than using the difficulty number for using each weapon. Just something that crossed my mind but haven't put any real mental gymnastics to.
Jawa Trade is easy (6-10)
True Jawa is Very Hard (30) (We do not teach it to non-Jawa, They would know what we mutter about them Smile )

Jawa Trade was developed for ease of use as a trading language for the humans that speak basic since like wookies we are physically not capable.

That being said OOOOOTEEEENIIIII!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon