RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[IC] Prologue: Frying Pan
DM MiB Wrote:Jendu doesn't see anything out of the norm, but he does look a little silly trying to sneakily push a large load of cargo back to the ship.

[OoC: I'm just trying to look like a less conspicuous than the meat shield.   Tongue ]

While pushing, Jendu says, "You know... [huff] maybe the Wookie would have been... [Puff] better at pushing.  Physical labor is... [wheeze] more their specialty.  No offence to our... [grunt] Wookie friend"

[OoC2: Am I suppose to make knowledge rolls to see if I can understand Wookie or Jawa]
Garlen glares at the lazy fop beside him, knowing full well the man can do this just as well as he can. "Quit griping and MOVE. Unless you want them to reach us before we reach the ship!"
"I'm not griping.  I'm stating fact.  And I am pushing," Jendu says under his breath.  "If you're upset at the speed at which we're moving then it only proves my point that someone stronger would have made more sense!"

[OoC: Keep in mind that Jendu has the same (3D) strength as Garlen so he's pushing this just as hard as Garlen.  But the Wookie has 5D strength!!  He could easily move this thing.]
Garlen just glowers as he shoves the sled. 

"But the wookie would have had to drag this sled, not be able to keep it floating.  And if they let you near the port officer who knows how much paperwork we'd have to fill out that the wookie can circumvent just by threatening to dismantle the man."
(I'm having to wing it here. I don't have Galaxy Guide: Wookie Violence. Wink )

The wookie grabs a hold of the stormtrooper before he can get a shot off, but the officer wasn't about to stand his ground in the face of a furry rage. Rahallu swings the helpless 'trooper at the officer but misses. Nova loots the dead 'trooper that she blasted full in the face. (I rolled damage for you to resolve the turn. It was enough to send him to stormtrooper heaven.)

(Jendu may roll language skill once each to see if he knows Jawa or Wookie.)

Garlen and Jendu come running into the bay with their cargo just as the side entrance opens up on the port side of the ship. Stormtroopers come pouring in leading with a hail of blaster fire. Sparks shower the pair as blaster fire impacts the hull near them as they finally get the cargo inside.

Tiktuk intializes the engines when she spots the cargo coming in hot. She has no choice but to leave the cargo ramp down when stormtroopers appear a second later. But they were still down two crew! Those stormtroopers had to be kept back or there was no way Nova and Rahallu would make it back to the ship!

(So your ship is in similar style to the Falcon without all the handy modifications. There is a large cargo ramp in the back (else we get a Peter and Brian with a couch situation) for loading large crates. The crew gangplank is on the left side. The stormtroopers are coming in at the gangplank side. Garlen and Jendu can move through the ship to the gangplank or head back out the cargo door. There are stacks of old crates and shelves of miscellaneous equipment just outside the ship that would provide heavy cover. The range would be short for rifles, medium for blaster pistols, and long for heavy blaster pistols. Optionally the landing pylons can be used as medium cover but the range is increased.)
Garlen exits the cargo ramp the same way he went inand races un der the ship to seek cover in the shelving outside the crew gangplank.

As he does he wildly blasts his pistol (not planning on actually hitting, but just to give covering fire.)

"Bandit One, the welcome for you and our large furry friend is going to be a warm one.  We'd love it if you could see your way clear to joining us."

[Blaster 4d [4d6] = 12 I have no idea how medium range would affect the attack roll for a blaster pistol]
(06-08-2017, 11:56 AM)Man in Black Wrote: (I'm having to wing it here.  I don't have Galaxy Guide: Wookie Violence.  Wink  )

The wookie grabs a hold of the stormtrooper before he can get a shot off, but the officer wasn't about to stand his ground in the face of a furry rage.  Rahallu swings the helpless 'trooper at the officer but misses.  Nova loots the dead 'trooper that she blasted full in the face.  (I rolled damage for you to resolve the turn.  It was enough to send him to stormtrooper heaven.)
 Rahullu growls and tosses the trooper mith all his might at the officer so should he miss the trooper will at least be out of commision, saying to nova" aaaaahnr aarrragghuuhw huurh wrrhw"

Thrown weapons: [4d6] = 10

Occ: Blast him Bandit one"
With the fallen trooper's gear in hand, Nova snaps a shot off at the Imperial officer with her pistol...
as Veir's voice warns them about the welcoming committee waiting in the docking bay. "We're so popular today."

Blaster [5d6] = 18
Heavy Blaster Pistol - Damage [5d6] = 13 (Luckily that officer's fabric uniform isn't going to provide much in the way of protection.)

As soon as she and Rahullu take care of these guys, Nova plans to grab the officer's code cylinder and comlink, then have them make a run for the cockpit, dodging all the way.
(06-07-2017, 06:58 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: Garlen just glowers as he shoves the sled. 

"But the wookie would have had to drag this sled, not be able to keep it floating.  And if they let you near the port officer who knows how much paperwork we'd have to fill out that the wookie can circumvent just by threatening to dismantle the man."

"Did I mention even once that the wookie should move the sled by himself?  I just said that this job would go more quickly if someone with his incredible strength were pushing.  But you seem to like to argue against the obvious."

(06-08-2017, 03:09 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: Garlen exits the cargo ramp the same way he went inand races un der the ship to seek cover in the shelving outside the crew gangplank.

As he does he wildly blasts his pistol (not planning on actually hitting, but just to give covering fire.)

"Bandit One, the welcome for you and our large furry friend is going to be a warm one.  We'd love it if you could see your way clear to joining us."

[Blaster 4d [4d6] = 12 I have no idea how medium range would affect the attack roll for a blaster pistol]

When the sparks start raining down upon them, Jendu will cover his head with the sleeve of his long coat and charges after Garlen.  Once under the ship, he also hides in the shelving.  Realizing what he must now do, Jendu looks down at his blaster, sets the Blaster to stun and then points the barrel around the shelves and starts firing.

[Whatever weapon he was given: Attack 3d6+2; Result 12 Confused  ]
OOC: My newly-hatched plan for if/when Nova can grab the officer's comlink and code cylinder:

Nova scooped up the officer's comlink after tossing Rahullu the stormtrooper's rifle and utility belt. "Wait a minute. I have an idea."
She activates the officer's comm and shouts, "Attention all trooper battalions deployed to docking bay, fall back and disengage. Repeat: disengage!

"Rebel forces have breached the lower level. All troopers, redeploy to the lower level!

(Or an appropriate faraway area Nova would have seen on the flight in, if there is no lower level.)
"Repeat: Rebel hostiles have breached the lower level. We need help over here! Help! We need – " Nova clicks the comlink off.

PERCEPTION [4d6] = 17 (Con attempt)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon