RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[IC] Prologue: Frying Pan
Nova's eyes widened as the furry fist came flying toward her. She reacted immediately, and would try both to sidestep the strike, and to deflect the brunt of the blow — though even if she had somehow gotten her forearm up in time, it would have been pulverized easily. Thankfully, Rahullu's fist halted in mid-air, just shy of Nova's nose.

She realized then that she had managed only the beginnings of a single step back, and had only barely begun to raise her fist in self-defense. Without missing a beat, Nova looked at Jendu and winked, while tilting her head to indicate the Wookiee. "And he's my friend."

She began to laugh in spite of herself, before turning to face Rahullu again. "Hell. For a second there, I thought I was about to get spaced." 

Nova had always been able to protect herself successfully, even as a child growing up in the dangerous vertical cities of Nar Shaddaa. And though her Imperial naval training had included basic hand-to-hand combat as well, what she had learned in Flight School clearly paled in comparison to a Wookiee's ferocity.

She shook her head, and leaned back against the bulkhead. "It's true though. Once we're on the inside, I won't have this."
Nova quickly drew her blaster. Then she absent-mindedly spun the pistol and holstered it again, before narrowing her eyes thoughtfully.

"Why not, Rahullu. It's best that we all be prepared for whatever may come."
Occ: Going on a little bit of new ground here so bear with me. skippin wookie spech here  since Nova will translate

Once his group of traines have assebeld in an improvised traing court in the cargo hold Rahullu speaks.
"Fighting hand to hand or with a melee weapon takes guts, you want to strike first i able and disable your opponent as soon as possible doing what it takes, therefore there are no rules, thats the second rule. Nova found out the first rule firsthand before, always be perepaed. third rule keep it simple, use elbows, and kees, dont kick unless your opponet is down, kicks might look cool but the expose you. Forth rule never strike an enery in armour, Choke, or use a lock and then break, if you try to strike armour you will only hur yourself." the Rahullu begins to show easy techiques from specforrce training unarmed or with knife and club focusing on a few easy techniques and then lets the others practice.
Garlen will join in the training, if he has time. His first priority was fixing the transponder.
During training Tiktuk was busy with her creation of a brand spanking new transponder.
(06-24-2017, 05:25 PM)Tiktuk Wrote: During training Tiktuk was busy with her creation of a brand spanking new transponder.

A project which Garlen was supposed to be assisting, which was why I doubted he'd be participating.
Although others in her place may have suffered from stir-craziness, Nova took solace in long journeys. In just under two weeks spent leaping between realspace and hyperspace, she now felt more confident than ever in the prospects of the Bandits' mission.

Jendu had taken to co-piloting lessons and daily drills on ship operations like someone who was trying to impress, rather than someone simply performing tasks out of necessity. And now that he was free from his ertswhile first mate duties, Rahullu had taken it upon himself to keep the crew prepared for close-quarters combat — though Veir and Tiktuk were, more often than not, too buried under circuitry, wiring, and elbow grease to attend.

Still, Nova felt like she owed it to Rahullu to prove that she could handle herself even when unarmed, and so she often trained with the Wookiee after she'd completed the day's flight instruction. That said, she did smile to herself when Rahullu would try — but to no avail — to rouse Veir and Tiktuk to join, even after they'd exhausted themselves working in the cramped engineering conduits for hours on end.

Each day too, Nova began to ruminate more and more upon what they knew about the Jedi prisoner. If this Jedi had already turned against Palpatine, like the others in the Jedi Order had, surely s/he would jump at the chance to join the cause once liberated? Surely s/he would welcome the opportunity to restore the ideals of the Republic! If Jendu couldn't reach the Jedi with a politician's rationale, maybe Tiktuk's desert shaman spirituality would hold sway? Nova knew now that there was a reason the team had come together as it had....
Jendu half watches the sparing while going over and over his calculations, trying to do what he could to make them as precise as possible.  

[OoC: I'm going to add the Preparation bonus to my previous rolls now that I know that there is a Prep bonus.  Tongue  ]

Astrogation: 1d6= 2+9 = 11
Sensor Sweep: 1d6= 1+13= 14 
Sweep at regular intervals: 1d6= 2+11 = 13
Com-Scan: 1d6= 5+7 = 12
Defector Shields: 1d6= 5+13= 18 

[OoC2: Well the first 3 sucked.   Confused  ]

Jendu seems to notice a few ways to sharpen his Com-Scan and Defector Shield calculations but was getting frustrated with his progress in Astrogation and Sensor Sweep equations.  They improved a little but not as much as he had hoped.
As he notices Jendu, Rahullu says.
"you learn more by doing, Jendu"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon