RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[IC] Prologue: Frying Pan
Nova shook her head. She could always count on Rahullu's impatience – she grinned briefly – or rather, his sense of urgency. Nova cleared her throat:

"OK Bandits. Lu's posed some good questions. Here's what I'm thinking:

One: We don't know if we've been ID'ed as us for sure, but I'd still like Tiktuk and Veir to see if they can alter our transponder codes or otherwise mask our energy signature. There are a lot of these old CEC freighters floating around. If we're posing as smugglers with a cargo hold full of contraband weapons, having another energy signature or two to transmit still makes the initial capture plan doable without outing us. If the Empire traces these weapons from the spaceport, we can say we jacked the rebels' cargo and sent that crew out the airlock. Open to suggestions on a Plan B, but Plan A is still live.

On that note, I'd still like to keep someone on the outside once we get locked up. Tiktuk, with your technical skills, I think that's still you right now. Even if you're in the ventilation shafts for days, you get those cells open when the time comes.

Two: The Empire can track a ship through hyperspace, but it's rare. You'd have to have access to an XX-23 S-thread tracker – and those are available only by special requisition. Even then, they're granted only to someone really high up the food chain, like the Grand Inquisitor or Grand Moff... or Vader. They'd have to tag you with one, but since we were on the ground for a while, I'll run a sensor sweep for it. Good call, Rahullu. We should monitor known Imperial channels and Corporate Sector security broadcasts for any chatter about us as well.

Three: We can drop out of hyperspace and make a second jump, if folks are feeling really paranoid – if we do, that might be a good chance for you to have a look at the Nav-computer and the deflectors, Jendu – but I don't think we can afford to lose that much more time.

That said, you guys all earned a breather. You should take it now while you can, because we'll need to stay sharp. As you all already know, this mission could end a lot of suffering... and would go a long way toward winning the war." 

OOC: I don't think Forgery is a 1E skill, but heck, why not use it? PER roll to create one / eyeball it to see if it looks legit, and TEC to implement it? 

OOC2: MiB, we were at the spaceport getting illicit cargo on the sly, yes? We were already using our fake IDs as smugglers at that point? If so, and if you all haven't already done so, everybody come up with a "McLovin" alias ;-)
The Jawa listens to the big folk make their funny noises and look around. she meets the pilots eyes when she stares at her while shes eating and salutes with a cheese wedge. Then looks to the one that recently disgorged his stomach contents. "jeek nik nik roo chat jo bantu jujit" (Jawa do not make beer, Whoever sold you jawa Beer was lying, it was probably bantha urine.) Her little nose wrinkling cutely at the thought of that lovely fragrance.

She the replied to Nova's request about transponder code alterations. "batee uti nogi duke tikki kut beakit nig nat." (Such work makes the ships systems not sing in harmony with the storm within. It will be a most challenging thing and take a week at least. )

She then looks and closed her eyes reaching out with her senses feeling the great machine around her that protected them from space as she tried to sense for any signals coming from the ship.

[2d6] = 3 Sense the bad energies

She looks back up after concentrating for a while. "Oggi nok nok jig duka utini, Diga loo eek eak tini ut ut." (We should have no worries about being tracked through hyperspace, and the imperial mail system will easily beat us to CorpSec so we should be prepared to have been outed..)
[OoC re Jawa beer - it does too exist :Tongue   http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jawa_beer]

He checkles when he looks at the diminutive being.
"Your just being modest about your people's skill. The stuff is exported all over the place, the Imperials have been trying to tax it for years, or stop its trade when they can't.  I've actually had it, the stuff didn't taste like the best beer in the galaxy, but it did the trick. there was something about Bantha hide though."

He shakes his head when Tiktuk nay says the idea of changing the signature.
"I'm not the ship repair expert but I could help. It might not make the ship sing right, but with my help we could get the signature changed in three days or not at all. If we can't get it done in three days, we'll need a space port. Losing a bit of the ship's power or maneuverability is worth the risk if it allows us to avoid the Empire."

He then looks at Nova.
"Call me paranoid, but I call it experience, drop out of hyperspace, plot a side jump. Anywhere, it doesn't have to be far. It will allow us to dothe retrofit  perhaps, then jump again untraced. If they identified us personally, then it is too late anyway, our faces will be all over teh HoloNet on every Core world.  But maybe our mission isn't known yet."

He looks like he just realized something.
"You know, as long as our mission isn't known, it does not matter if our identities are. We just have to be apprehended in the right place, and we will be processed through their prison. We do not have to be arrested for smuggling, we just have to be arrested."

He looks back to Tiktuk.
"No offence, but I highly doubt that you are even on their wanted list. You could probably easily avoid apprehension. The only thing more ignored than a jawa is a droid. That makes you our escape plan."
Nova looked on as the Jawa closed its eyes and seemed to meditate on whether or not they were being tracked. Once Tiktuk pronounced them safe, Nova folded her arms and tilted her head.

"I think I'll check the comms and run a sensor sweep anyway, but I'd like to talk to you about..." She pointed at Tiktuk and made a swirling gesture "... about what you just did there." Nova was already fascinated by the occult – and by the Force in particular. Tiktuk had a way with machines, like most Jawas, but maybe there was really more to it with her. "In any case, definitely give the transponders a look. I'm confident that together you and Veir can do something to help cover our tracks."

Nova paused and pursed her lips. She was always one to take risks, but both Rahullu and Veir had made fair points.
"OK, we drop out of hyperspace and plot a side jump then."

She turned to the Senator. "Jendu, you watch. Let me know if you think it's something you can do when the heat is on."

Then she turned to Veir. "DS, the Empire thinks Rahullu and I died over a year ago, but you and I were both wanted for treason. If we're IDed as us, the Corporate Sector Authority might try to turn us over to the Empire, rather than lock us up with this Jedi. That's my worry. But you're right in that, if our faces are out there with our real names, after that escape from Farron Prime, Imperial entanglements will be hard to avoid. Lucky for us, the Empire and the CSA aren't exactly on friendly terms either. Hopefully, as far as the Corporate Sector Authority knows I'm Mina Harker, gunrunner."
Rahullu looks at nova s she speak goog it seems she is begining to lead the team and she takes views thats good but can she lead when the shit hits the fan? he thinks. But she is a litte out of it sometimes, need to talk to her alone about it. If she does that in a crititcal situation....."it seems we agree that we might have been compromissed, so its better to go around and check the terrein so to speak you never go dirrectly to target if you can avoid it. As for the tecnical detail taking time the jedi has sure been there a while a few days more cant hurt, at least not more than we beeing killed due to hasty decissions. Also whats our contengiency plan if this is a ploy from the empire to lure out rebels?. Alos im a Rongharra with corsec registers or Rog for short" he pauses for translation and the speaks again"Tiktu , Veir if you need a a pair of extra hands just mention it." Rahullu thins whats with all weird deamy guys in this outfit, sounds kie they were all wookie  priest or something like that, but Nova sure was not  a pristess still she could be a dreamer, he had to watch her to make sure he could proctect her at least veir does npt have i head in the clouds mentaly making a not to talkt to veir about it as well.
(06-18-2017, 06:44 AM)Nova Wrote:
Nova looked on as the Jawa closed its eyes and seemed to meditate on whether or not they were being tracked. Once Tiktuk pronounced them safe, Nova folded her arms and tilted her head.

"I think I'll check the comms and run a sensor sweep anyway, but I'd like to talk to you about..." She pointed at Tiktuk and made a swirling gesture "... about what you just did there." Nova was already fascinated by the occult – and by the Force in particular. Tiktuk had a way with machines, like most Jawas, but maybe there was really more to it with her. "In any case, definitely give the transponders a look. I'm confident that together you and Veir can do something to help cover our tracks."

Nova paused and pursued her lips. She was always one to take risks, but both Rahullu and Veir had made fair points.
"OK, we drop out of hyperspace and plot a side jump then."

She turned to the Senator. "Jendu, you watch. Let me know if you think it's something you can do when the heat is on."

Then she turned to Veir. "DS, the Empire thinks Rahullu and I died over a year ago, but you and I were both wanted for treason. If we're IDed as us, the Corporate Sector Authority might try to turn us over to the Empire, rather than lock us up with this Jedi. That's my worry. But you're right in that, if our faces are out there with our real names, after that escape from Farron Prime, Imperial entanglements will be hard to avoid. Lucky for us, the Empire and the CSA aren't exactly on friendly terms either. Hopefully, as far as CorSec knows I'm Mina Harker, gunrunner."

"When we drop out of hyperspace, someone not occupied with the transponder refit should see if they can access teh HoloNet. Find out if there are wantyed videos of us plastered all over CorpSec. If so let us hope they use our aliases. If there are np wanted postings, that is actually a bad sign, it means someone is suppressing our plan. We WANT those postings of our aliases. I'd much rather see Karst Jenti posters than Garlen veir, or worse DS-4791. we just need to drop out of hyperspace in a system where we can get access to the HoloNet, so perhaps two small jumps, first drop hyperspace, then jump to an inhabited system, get on the Holonet while Tiktuk and I refit, then Jump to CorpSec? Is that a good idea?"

(06-18-2017, 06:59 AM)Rahullu Wrote: Rahullu looks at nova s she speak goog it seems she is begining to lead the team and she takes views thats good but can she lead when the shit hits the fan? he thinks. But she is a litte out of it sometimes, need to talk to her alone about it. If she does that in a crititcal situation....."it seems we agree that we might have been compromissed, so its better to go around and check the terrein so to speak you never go dirrectly to target if you can avoid it. As for the tecnical detail taking time the jedi has sure been there a while a few days more cant hurt, at least not more than we beeing killed due to hasty decissions. Also whats our contengiency plan if this is a ploy from the empire to lure out rebels?. Alos im a Rongharra with corsec registers or Rog for short" he pauses for translation and the speaks again"Tiktu , Veir if you need a a pair of extra hands just mention it." Rahullu thins whats with all weird deamy guys in this outfit, sounds kie they were all wookie  priest or something like that, but Nova sure was not  a pristess still she could be a dreamer, he had to watch her to make sure he could proctect her at least veir does npt have i head in the clouds mentaly making a not to talkt to veir about it as well.

"Not sure how much we will need muscle for a transponder refit, it's nort an engines overhaul, but if we need you I will call, keep your comm handy."
Rahullu growls "Its all setteld then but Nova once we dropp out to normal space, scan continuously  for transmissions, thats if you dont find any now, it could be a delayed signal mutch like a bomb can have." 
"Ok, agreed. Sounds like a plan, everyone. I'll bring us out safely, run a com-scan and sensor sweep, then plot the first side-jump. If senator Verbenti gets the hang of it, we'll see if he can plot the second jump, while Veir and Tiktuk see what they can do about making this ship sing a different tune."

When the time comes, Nova will very carefully demonstrate the following piloting duties as she performs them, devoting dedicated prep time to each task in turn:

Astrogation [4d6] = 16 + Preparation Bonus [1d6] = 5 = 21
Sensor Sweep [4d6] = 14 Preparation Bonus [1d6] = 2 = 16
(Set sensors to run sweep at regular intervals [4d6] = 12 + Preparation Bonus [1d6] = 3 = 15)
Com-Scan [4d6] = 18 + Preparation Bonus [1d6] = 1 = 19

She also goes over deflector shield ops: Command [4d6] = 12
(OOC: I figure a shields roll isn't needed since it's not a reaction skill roll to angle the deflectors in this case... so command?)
When the time comes Garlen will attemprt a Technical skill roll to 'repair' / retrofit the ships transponder signature.

[First roll (15 minutes): Repair Spaceship (Technical 3D+2) [3d6+2] = 13+2 = 15]
[2nd roll: (1 day if needed): Repair Spaceship (Technical 3D+2) [3d6+2] = 10+2 = 12]
[3rd roll: two more days if needed): Repair Spaceship (Technical 3D+2) [3d6+2] = 10+2 = 12]

[OoC according to the core book, Tituk just eeds to roll as well and at each stage we take whichever roll is better. Hopefully she rolls better, but at leat Garlen has established a baseline.]
As Rahullu and Tikti goes to work Rahullu during a break spreaks to Veir on a private channel.
"Veir i think it would be good to keep an eye on Nova, she is trying to lead but she needs someone to make sure her head  are not in the clouds, especially in a hot situation we just have to look out for her thats all, maby you could speak to her about it, i will but it might be better we both did?"

He also speaks to Nova alone or ona private canel

Nova i know you are kinda new to this leading a team and i dont have much expperience myself but, ihave seen it done. You are doing well so far its very good that you take in oppinions, but when the shit hits the fan YOU must decide i a split second, can you do that? I sure as hell cant, i fear for the day they promot me to officer, but i know that day will come, and one it does i have to be ready, ill help you when i can but beeing a leader is a thought jobb i hope you are aware of that?

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon