RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average

OOC
(05-24-2017, 04:44 AM)Man in Black Wrote: Campaign 568.

Thank you! Done and Done.

Also: "Skill points" can be spent only on skill advancement, unlike 2E's character points, correct?
And we do not start w/ 5 skill points as we would character points, is that right?
Skill points in 1'st Edition can be spent to raise stats at I believe 10x the stat cost to raise a normal skill. In long campaigns it can be a problem. I actually ran a first ed campaign using SW 1st rules in an alternate reality where a human earned 15D Strength over the course of the campaign only raising it 1 pip when he got hurt. 9the other players were similarly Gacky so it was balanced.
(05-25-2017, 02:58 AM)Tiktuk Wrote: Skill points in 1'st Edition can be spent to raise stats at I believe 10x the stat cost to raise a normal skill. In long campaigns it can be a problem. I actually ran a first ed campaign using SW 1st rules in an alternate reality where a human earned 15D Strength over the course of the campaign only raising it 1 pip when he got hurt.  9the other players were similarly Gacky so it was balanced.

Easily mended no stats may be more that +1D from where you started
I am unaware of any rule allowing the raising of stats. I'm not inclined to add one, either. It gets crazy enough as games go on. 15d Strength? A Star Destroyer would have trouble denting that thing!
I know that Skill Points can be used to raise skills after the adventure, or between scenes during "down time," but I was wondering whether or not skill points could be used during the adventure like character points -- to boost any in-game roll by 1D for the moment. I didn't recall 1E allowing for in-game use during an adventure or session, but I wanted to confirm just in case.

Also, yikes 15D Strength!!! I've only ever had a player increase his attribute once and it was only by a pip from, like 2D+2 to 3D, spending 10x the D, as you guys had cited.
Haha, sorry to keep at this, but I just want to be sure I'm remembering 1E properly:

So we all start with 0 skill points, correct? We only get them as an end-of-adventure /scene award to use toward skill advancement?
We can't use skill points during the game, like you could use character points in-game in 2E?
Skill points are purely for advancement in 1st Ed. If you want to boost a roll use a force point.
Correct. I should also point out that I allow investing earned points into improving personal equipment per the rules companion. I will warn that if the item is lost, so are the points.
Awesome. Thank you guys for the confirmation, re: Skill Points! I wanted to be sure.

Re: equip/ship use of skill points, man, If we had a "Falcon" style signature ship, I'd consider, but I was never into that 1E rule since it was applied to gear. Oh well.

Really looking forward to the game!
I'll likely cap at one extra d. Nobody needs to be running around with blasters that do 10d.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon