RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Character Creation and Discussion
Nope. Just the basic 1e stuff. Alien Student is one of my favorites even though you don't start with a lightsaber. I've played many variations of a primitive mystic over the years. If someone were to run another game here, I'd probably play one again.
one of my plyes played a mystic once his race was based on a Big grazing herbivor who walked on four legs the race had devoped force powers as a means to protect themseves from predators, he was also extremely naive about stormtropers since they were so small they could not be a threat, he played several session pretending to be a best of burden. Ah memories
Nice
(05-19-2017, 11:26 AM)Man in Black Wrote: If you roll a 20+ with your language skill, you speak Wookie.  If you fail, you can try again after putting an earned point towards it.

So you dont use the rule on the template then that one player is a friend and knows shyriwook and can translate?  Then i guess i will not opt for second in command position as nobody will understand Rahullu.

Btw another rules question witch skill do you use for 1 ed to Intimidate someone? Command, thats why i put points into it?

Have uppdated my background as well, read it and check if its okay for you.
Okay for those interested I have the mechanics done and a rough background in mind. Lets see how this goes for approval. Been a while since i plaied 2ed So not 100% on my math what with the racial special ability.

Tiktuk | Young Jedi
[Image: unhooded_jawa_small_zps4qrrn6br.jpg]
Race: Jawa
Fur Color: Tawny
Hieght: 0.9 m
Build: Slender
Mechanics
DEXTERITY 2D

KNOWLEDGE 2D+1

MECHANICAL 2D

PERCEPTION 2D

STRENGTH 2D

TECHNICAL 4D+2
Computer Prgm./Repair 5D+1 (+1 pip)
Droid Repair 5D+1 (+1 pip)
(A)Engineering (Computers) 1D (+1/2 Die)
(A)Engineering (Droids) 1D (+1/2 Die)
(A)Engineering (Space Transports) 1D (+1/2 Die)
(A)Engineering (Starship Weapons) 1D (+1/2 Die)
Repulsorlift Repair
Space Transport Repair 5D+1 (+1 pip)
Starship Weapon Repair 5D+1 (+1 pip)

Special Abilities:
Technical Aptitude: At the time of character creation only, Jawa characters receive 2D for every 1D they place in repair-oriented Technical skills.

Story Factors:
Trade Language: Jawas have developed a very flexible trade language which is more intelligible to other species — when Jawas want it to be intelligible.

Move: 10

Force Sensitive: Yes
Force Points: 2

Equipment:
0 credits
Vibropick (50 credits): For shorting out electronic components or soldering wires). Accidental exposure causes 1D damage.
Hydrospanner (50 credits): Tightens and loosen all forms of fasteners)
Power scanner (150 credits): For analyzing circuitry.
Welding goggles (35 credits): Do you don’t burn out your eyes.
Plasma welder (50 credits): Joins two surfaces together. Allows for welds from 0.2-20 centimeters in diameter.
Power prybar (30 credits): For forcing things open. When used to pry things up, open or apart, this tool adds +1D to +3D to the users Strength depending on the model.
Fusion cutter (75 credits): Designed for cutting apart durasteel and similar materials. Accidental exposure causes 5D damage.
Beam Drill (50 credits): For punching precise holes through durasteel and similar materials.
Tool harness (10 credits): For holding all of your tools on your person.
Two Sets of Jawa Clothing
R2 Astromech Droid (see the “Droids” chapter)
ASTROMECH DROID
R2-0T “OOTee” ASTROMECH DROID
Type: Industrial Automaton R2
Astromech Droid
DEXTERITY 1D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
MECHANICAL 2D
Astrogation 5D, starfighter piloting 3D, space transports 3D
PERCEPTION 1D
STRENGTH 1D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer programming/repair 4D, starfighter repair 5D*
* Astromech droids, if acting in co-pilot capacity, may attempt starship repair while in flight.
Equipped With:
• Three wheeled legs (center leg retractable)
• Retractable heavy grasping arm (lifting at 2D)
• Retractable fine work heavy grasper arm
• Extendable 0.3 meter long video sensor (360 degree rotation)
• Small electric arc welder (1D to 5D, as fitting situation, 0.3 meters range)
• Small circular saw (4D, 0.3 meter range)
• Video display screen
• Holographic projector/recorder
• Fire extinguisher
• Small (20 cm by 8 cm) internal “cargo” area
• Some additional small tools and equipment
Move: 5
Size: One meter tall
Availability: 2, F
Cost: 4,500
Blaster Pistol
Type: Blaster pistol
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: blaster pistol
Ammo: 100
Cost: 500 (power packs: 25)
Availability: 1, F, R or X
Fire Rate: 1
Range: 3-10/30/120
Damage: 4D
The word “blaster” is a blanket term for literally thousands of different designs from hundreds of manufacturers, such as the popular BlasTech DL-18. Blasters are popular with urban police forces, traders, and anyone who needs to pack respectable firepower in an easily carried package. Ownership of these weapons is restricted in many systems.

Force Skills:
Control: 3D
Sense: 2D

Force Powers: 3 initial +12 from skill raises, total 15 (Powers using multiple skills count as multiple selections)
Absorb/Dissipate Energy
Control Difficulty: Very Easy for sunburn and other very minor energy sources; Easy for intense sun; Moderate for solar wind and other modest energy sources (blaster bolts and Force lightening); Difficult for radiation storms and other intense energy sources (speeder-scale damage). Vehicle Scale: Walker-scale (+30 to difficulty); starfighter- scale (+40 to difficulty). Area of Effect (add +20 to difficulty): Point blank to 1meter (−4D energy damage); 2meters (−3D energy damage); 3 meters (−2D energy damage); 4 meters (−1D energy damage). The power may be kept “up” as long as the source of energy is constant — for blaster bolts or Force lightning, it is used as a reaction skill, multiple action penalties apply for use to block fire (as though it were a dodge skill).
Effect: This power allows the Jedi to absorb or dissipate energy, including light, heat, radiation and blaster bolts. A successful control roll means that the energy is dissipated. If the user fails the roll, she takes full damage from the energy. This power may be used to ward off sunburn, heat-stroke and radiation exposure, as well as withstand intense heat. The character may activate the power as a “reaction skill” to absorb the blaster bolt or Force lightning — the roll replaces the ranged target number the shooter who must roll equal or higher in order to hit.

Accelerate Healing
Control Difficulty: Easy for wounded characters, Moderate for incapacitated characters, Difficult for mortally wounded characters.
Time To Use: One minute.
Effect: A Jedi who uses this power successfully may make two natural healing rolls for the current day (12 hours apart) regardless of the severity of the injury. The Jedi gets a +2 modifier to both Strength rolls to heal. See Chapter Five, “Combat and Injuries” for healing rules. Accelerate healing may only be attempted once per day.

Concentration
Control Difficulty: Easy if the Jedi is relaxed and at peace; Difficult if the Jedi is filled with aggression, fear or other negative emotions; Very Difficult if the Jedi is acting on those negative emotions.
Effect: When using this power, the Jedi clears all negative thoughts from her mind, feeling the Force flowing through the universe and her own being.
The individual Jedi concentrates on one specific task at hand. If the skill roll is successful, the Jedi may add +4D to any one action in that round. The Jedi may do nothing other than using the concentration power and using that one skill for one action. The Jedi receives no bonus if anything else is done in that round, including duplicate uses of the same skill or dodges or parries. This power may be used in conjunction with Force Points or Character Points. This power is only in effect for one round and may not be kept “up.”

Contort/Escape
Control Difficulty: Very Easy for loose bonds; Easy for hand binder; Moderate for serious restraints; Difficult to Heroic for maximum security (varies at gamemaster’s discretion, depending on security measures).
Required Powers: Concentration, control pain, enhance attribute.
Effect: The character may escape bonds by contorting in painful and difficult (but still physically possible) ways. By stretching, twisting, and dislocating joints a Jedi can escape almost any physical restraining device. While this is indeed a painful procedure, Jedi are trained to block out the pain and focus on the task at hand.

Control Pain
Control Difficulty: Very Easy for wounded or stunned characters, Easy for incapacitated characters, Difficult for mortally wounded characters.
The power can be kept “up,” so the character can ignore the pain of injuries for a long period of time. However, whenever the character is injured again, the Jedi must make a new control pain roll, with the difficulty being the new level of injury.
Effect: A wounded Jedi who controls pain can act as if she has not been wounded, starting with the round after the power roll has been made. The wound is not healed, but the character doesn’t suffer the penalties of being wounded: a wounded Jedi doesn’t suffer any die code penalties; an incapacitated character can still act normally, as can a mortally wounded character. This power can also be used to shrug off any stun results.
However, the character is still injured, and thus is prone to getting worse, even if the Jedi doesn’t feel the pain. For example, a character who’s been wounded twice and is wounded again would still become incapacitated. Mortally wounded Jedi may still die from injuries, even if they don’t feel any pain.

Detoxify Poison
Control Difficulty: Very Easy for a very mild poison, such as alcohol; Easy for a mild poison; Moderate for an average poison; Difficult for a virulent poison; Very Difficult to Heroic for a neurotoxin.
Time To Use: Five minutes.
Effect: This power allows a Jedi to detoxify or eject poisons that have entered her body. If the Jedi makes the power roll, the poison doesn’t affect her.

Enhance Attribute
Control Difficulty: Moderate.
Effect: A Jedi uses this power to increase a single attribute for a limited period. An increased attribute can help a Jedi jump higher, see better, and run faster. All skills governed by the enhanced attribute increase by the same amount for as long as the power remains in effect.
An attribute increased by this power remains enhanced for the duration listed below. Duration and attribute increase are determined by how much a character’s control skill roll exceeds the difficulty number. Duration can be extended through use of Character Points — for each Character Point a Jedi spends, the duration is increased by one combat round. The points can be spent at any time before the power fades.
A Jedi can only increase one attribute at a time. If a character invokes the power to enhance a second attribute while the first attribute is still enhanced, then the first enhancement fades and the second attribute receives the increase.
Skill Roll ≥ Attribute
Difficulty By: Increase Duration
0-13 +1D 3 rounds
14-25 +2D 2 rounds
26+ +3D 1 round

Life Detection
Sense Difficulty: Very Easy if the subject has Force skills or is Force-sensitive; Moderate if not. Modified by relationship. This power may be kept “up”.
Effect: This power allows Jedi to detect live sentient beings who might otherwise remain hidden. When the power is activated, the Jedi knows the location of all sentients within 10 meters — if the power is kept “up,” the Jedi may know whenever a sentient is within 10 meters of him.
When approached by or approaching sentient creatures, the Jedi should make a sense roll; each creature makes an opposed control or Perception roll to avoid detection. (These rolls don’t count as actions, so there are no die code penalties except those caused by injury.)
The Jedi detects each being that she ties or beats. If the Jedi beats the target’s roll by 10 or more points, she is aware if this person has Force skills (yes or no), is Force-sensitive (yes or no), if she has met the person before (yes or no), and if yes, their identity.

Magnify Senses
Sense Difficulty: Very Easy. Modified by proximity.
Time To Use: Three rounds.
Effect: This power allows a Jedi to increase the effectiveness of her normal senses to perceive things that otherwise would be impossible without artificial aids. She can hear noises beyond her normal hearing due to distance or softness (she can’t hear beyond normal frequencies). Likewise, she can see normally visible things over distances that would require the use of macrobinoculars; she can identify scents and odors that are normally too faint for human olfactory senses.

Force Push
Alter Difficulty: Target’s control or Strength roll, +3 to difficulty
for every 5 meters away from target, line of sight only.
Required Powers: Concentration, life detection, telekinesis.
Effect: With this power, a Jedi may use the Force to push several adjacent targets backwards, knocking them prone or banging them against a wall. Each target past the first incurs a −1D penalty on the Jedi using the power (i.e, 1 target, no penalty; 2 targets, −1D penalty; 3 targets, −2D penalty; 4 targets, −3D penalty...).
Each target makes either a control or Strength roll to resist, and the acting Jedi’s alter roll result is compared to each result in turn to determine the effects. A target that is knocked back into a wall or other solid object takes the listed damage. If a Jedi kills a living being as a result of this power he immediately receives a Dark Side Point; as such, he may roll less than his full alter score if he so chooses.
Alter Roll ≥ Target pushed back/
Difficulty By: Collision damage
0-5 2 meters / 2D
6-10 3 meters / 3D
11-15 5 meters / 4D
16-20 10 meters / 5D
21+ 15 meters / 6D

Telekinesis
Alter Difficulty: Very Easy for objects weighing one kilogram or less; Easy for objects weighing one to ten kilograms; Moderate for objects 11 to 100 kilograms; Difficult for 101 kilograms to one metric ton; Very Difficult for 1,001 kilograms to ten metric tons; Heroic for objects weighing 10,001 kilograms to 100 metric tons.
Object may be moved at 10 meters per round; add +5 per additional 10 meters per round. The target must be in sight of the Jedi.
Increased difficulty if object isn’t moving in simple, straightline movement:
+ 1 to +5 for gentle turns.
+ 6 to +10 for easy maneuvers.
+11 to +25
or more
for complex maneuvers, such as using a levitated lightsaber to attack. Modified by proximity.
This power may be kept “up”.
Effect: This power allows the Jedi to levitate and move objects with the power of her mind alone. If used successfully, the object moves as the Jedi desires.
A Jedi can levitate several objects simultaneously, but each additional object requires a new telekinesis roll.
This power can be used to levitate oneself or others. It can be used as a primitive space drive in emergencies. When used to levitate someone against their will, the target may resist by adding her Perception or control roll to the difficulty number.
Levitated objects can be used to attack other characters, but this automatically gives the Jedi a Dark Side Point. Such objects do 1D damage if under a kilogram, 2D if one to ten kilos, 4D if 11 to 100 kilos, 3D speeder-scale damage if 101 kilos to one metric ton, 3D starfighter-scale damage if one to ten tons and 5D starfighter-scale damage if 11 to 100 metric tons. Such attacks require an additional control roll by the Jedi, which acts as an attack roll against the target’s dodge. If the target doesn’t dodge the attack, the difficulty is Easy.

Force Jump
Control Difficulty: Easy.
Alter Difficulty: Easy.
Required Powers: Enhance attribute, telekinesis.
Effect: A Jedi uses this power to increase his jumping ability in order to perform impossibly high leaps. If both Force skill rolls are successful, the character uses his normal climbing/ jumping skill to perform the jump, but he uses the special table below to determine difficulties. If the control roll exceeds the difficulty, the character gains an immediate bonus to his climbing/jumping roll.
Control Roll ≥ Jumping
Difficulty by: Increase
1-3 +1D
4-8 +2D
9-15 +3D
16-25 +4D
26-37 +5D
38+ +6D
If the Jedi fails any Force skill roll, the power is not activated and the character is left to use his normal jumping ability (and there are certain situations where you can’t back out of a jump because your power failed). At the gamemaster’s discretion, a failed climbing/jumping roll might mean the Jedi fails to achieve the desired height/distance, fails to properly cushion his landing and suffers normal falling damage, or both. Multiple action penalties apply. The climbing/jumping roll is a third action in that round, whether the power is successful or not.
Height Jumping
Jumped Difficulty
0-1 meter Very Easy
1-2 meters Easy
3-4 meters Moderate
5-8 meters Difficult
9-15 meters Very Difficult
16-20 meters Heroic
Add +5 to the difficulty for every additional 5 meters. If the character is simply jumping downwards, with no upwards movement, reduce jumping difficulty by one level. Add +1 to the difficulty per meter of horizontal distance jumped.

Lesser Force Shield
Sense Difficulty: Easy.
Alter Difficulty: Moderate.
Required Powers: Absorb/dissipate energy, concentration, magnify senses, telekinesis. This power can be kept “up”.
Effect: This power allows the Jedi to surround his body with a Force-generated shield. The shield can be used to repel energy and physical matter away from the Jedi’s body, down to the molecular level.
The shield acts as STR+1D armor to all energy and physical attacks made against the Jedi, including non-directional attacks such as gas clouds and grenade blasts. The shield is not particularly strong, but can sometimes be just enough to protect the Jedi from serious injury.
(05-19-2017, 11:26 AM)Man in Black Wrote: If you roll a 20+ with your language skill, you speak Wookie. If you fail, you can try again after putting an earned point towards it.

Having worked alongside Rahullu on other Specops missions, Garlon has a smattering of Wookie, but unfortuneatly just hasn't grasped the finer points of the language.
Language [4d6] = 18

Sorry, I tried
(05-21-2017, 08:27 PM)Tiktuk Wrote: Okay for those interested I have the mechanics done and a rough background in mind. Lets see how this goes for approval. Been a while since i plaied 2ed So not 100% on my math what with the racial special ability.

Tiktuk | Young Jedi...

I'm totally new to D6 Star wars, but from what I understand so far, since we are playing 1st ed not 2nd ed, you may be over-complicating your skills.
(05-21-2017, 12:22 PM)Rahullu Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 11:26 AM)Man in Black Wrote: If you roll a 20+ with your language skill, you speak Wookie.  If you fail, you can try again after putting an earned point towards it.

So you dont use the rule on the template then that one player is a friend and knows shyriwook and can translate?  Then i guess i will not opt for second in command position as nobody will understand Rahullu.

Btw another rules question witch skill do you use for 1 ed to Intimidate someone? Command, thats why i put points into it?

Have uppdated my background as well, read it and check if its okay for you.

Thanks to Rahullu's post, I checked out that Special Rule re: one of the PC's being designated as the "friend" character best able to understand Shryiiwook. I'd missed that rule, since I'm most familiar with 2E, not 1E. Not a bad option -- and of course I nominate Nova, haha -- if the GM goes for it.

Another option that I've often used as a house rule is that each PC is fluent is as many languages as D they have in their language skill. Not a bad option either, IMHO, esp since it allows for some more background elements for each PC not just the Han-Chewie duo.

EDIT: For some reason, the post wound up blank, so I had to re-type everything. Oh well.
(05-21-2017, 08:37 AM)Lillycat Wrote: Okay so Here is what I am thinking Telsij, I was on that prisoner transport too.

I am going with the Alien Student of the Force Template, Going to alter it some with Ads & Dis ads if MiB allows them .  Now to really scare you, The character wants to be the ships Mechanic.

Basic Thought on ads & Disads  Fanatic (Her Force Order), Manic Depressive (From Being separated from her Order), Medical Problem (Quesh Toxin Poisoning or Early Stage Rhakghoul Plague ect MiB I could use help with the exact illness, Perhaps Withdrawl symptoms from being a former addict?),  Migrane Headaches (Side effect of Medical Problem meds) Wanted For a Crime (Light SIde Force User) Released Convict (Caught trying to Free some Slaves, Jailed for "Theft") Extraordinary Memory (Has near Photographic Memory),  Quick Draw (Light Saber), Sixth Sense (Passive Force use)

So Let me know Smile

Hey Lilycat! You know, if you *were* one of the prisoners onboard, and there were rumblings of your Force sensitivity, Nova would likely be moved to check it out, due to her interest in the mysteries of the occult. (She counts a brief mission to Jedha as a Imperial career "highlight" because of its mysterious happenings and arcane history/lore). Makes sense for me character-wise, as it would be another plausible reason for her to be listening in on the prisoners apart from standard surveillance.

I see you've since posted your PC concept, but I haven't yet had the chance to read through. I too like the Adv/Disadv in 2E REUP, though I do think some are a bit broken. Sxith Sense is too powerful imho, esp since you can take the Adv as a non-Jedi/Force user, under REUP, but some are quite good when justified - ADV and DISADV both! Though I know GM-MIB has us playing straight up 1E so far with only one minor tweak that I know of so far (being able to distribute the starting D as pips rather than as full D, though I don't recall that being disallowed per RAW either).
(05-21-2017, 09:59 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote:
(05-21-2017, 08:27 PM)Tiktuk Wrote: Okay for those interested I have the mechanics done and a rough background in mind. Lets see how this goes for approval. Been a while since i plaied 2ed So not 100% on my math what with the racial special ability.

Tiktuk | Young Jedi...

I'm totally new to D6 Star wars, but from what I understand so far, since we are playing 1st ed not 2nd ed, you may be over-complicating your skills.

Yeah, unfortunately I too think that's the case -- while I like a lot of the (A) engineering skills generally -- as with civil/industrial engineering, for example, IIRC requiring not only computer programming and demolition, but bureaucracy and what not, 1E is before that time. (One of the Advanced skills I house-ruled was Hyperdrive engineering, which called for Astrogation prerequisites in addition to TEC-based ones). Similarly, more recent nonD6-converted powers like Force Jump are also post 1E (which relied only on Enhance Attribute), re: those though, will be interested to see how MIB rules!

Though I really like the concept of a Force Sensitive Jawa, I believe that because the Young Jedi Force dice come from attributes during character creation that the Force skills cannot be bumped up using the starting skill dice, through MIB can confirm that for sure.  We are looking for an imprisoned Jedi after all, so there's that angle, but I don't know that the Jawa would be as powerful as he is and go unnoticed?

Also! Nice "creepy" character portrait -- your Jawa isn't wearing the mask, eh? I think you're also more or less "free" of the species MIN/MAX within reason. As Rahullu reminded me, I that came into play in 2E.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon