RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Star Wars D6: The Last Knight
(05-18-2017, 04:04 PM)Telsij Wrote: I am also still interested!

(Notcum_Carpe! I'm not sure if the species min/maxes were already in 1E, but I think the wookiee's PER max was 2D+1. Do either your or the GM know off-hand if 1E had the min/max in place or is that purely a 2E rule?)

2:ed
Quote this message in a reply
(05-18-2017, 03:50 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 03:17 PM)noctum_carpe Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 02:21 PM)Shunna Maza Wrote: I still want to play but I've never made a character before.  So count me as one of the 6 players.

What you wanna play? I could give you a few pointers. 1 ed starwars is here.

http://www.starwarstimeline.net/WestEndG...G40001.pdf

Cheers

Is playing some kind of droid not possible in this edition?

Yes but they are extremly spciallized characters, i would as the gm about it.
(05-18-2017, 04:39 PM)noctum_carpe Wrote:
(05-18-2017, 04:04 PM)Telsij Wrote: I am also still interested!

(Notcum_Carpe! I'm not sure if the species min/maxes were already in 1E, but I think the wookiee's PER max was 2D+1. Do either your or the GM know off-hand if 1E had the min/max in place or is that purely a 2E rule?)

2:ed

Nice! Good to know. Though we often used the streamlined 1E skill list, we usually stuck to the 2E structure.
Some of the species attribute limits are pretty arbitrary anyway. Thanks!
Ok, I am set with my basic character concept, until the actual game thread is created, detailed character creation begins,
and we can provide fuller background, etc. Pls let me know if she is good to go, GM ! (And I can remove the info if you
want character stats to be private, only avail in game, etc.) Thanks!

With GM approval, I may still shuffle things around once the rest of the party takes shape :-)

EDIT: Moved my character concept to the game thread!
Shunna, I am thinking that a droid wouldn't be advisable for this scenario.  A droid wouldn't be thrown in prison.  It would be deactivated and thrown in storage.  Or sold.  It is the Corporate Sector.  There are rules for them, but they aren't very versatile.  Usually they are really good at one or two things and lousy at everything else. 

Some of the questions popping remind me of why I like 1e over 2e.  Too many added rules and mechanics that got in the way of the run and gun action style of the original.  Just remember the templates are just options to get players in quickly.  If you like the stat array of the Laconic Scout but don't want to be a scout, cross it out and write in Classy Nerfherder or Sassy Barista.  It really doesn't matter.  There are no optimal builds.  Every skill is available to every player.  The only real difference is the starting equipment, which is easily adjusted. 

For the former imperial: outlaw, retired imperial captain, smuggler, pirate, brash pilot, or merc would all work.  Or you could use the array someone suggested above.  If you're looking to be more of a pilot, you'll want a Mechanical stat between 3 and 4.  If there is more than one pilot, you might want to discuss a division labor.  Having one guy pilot the ship, while shooting TIE fighters and running the shields while trying to set up a jump isn't going to be very effective.  Anyone can be a starship gunner, even a farmboy from Tatooine.

Someone mentioned adding a tactics skill.  That's what those blank lines are for on the templates.  Tactics would fall under Knowledge.  I'm sure we could find a use for that.  Say you wanted to be a juggler.  Just write it in under Dexterity. 

I'm going to set up the forum as soon as I get a cup of coffee in my hand.  We'll take up the discussion there.
It is up and running. If I missed a question, ask it again over there. Other players who wish to join just go post your interest in the OOC.
Is this game no longer running?
Running like a well-oiled dumpster fire!
smells better though..
ok.. maybe Rahulu doesn't smell better than a dumpster fire
(08-23-2017, 03:24 PM)Garlen Veir Wrote: smells better though..
ok.. maybe Rahulu doesn't smell better than a dumpster fire

Maybe it's the Tauntaun shampoo he uses. And you thought they smelled bad on the outside! ;-)

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon