RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

[IC] New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
Moving uncomfortably back and forth during the conversation, finally the spearman speaks up,
"Something's fishy here. If Agloval was so eager to hold back information about us then he may know something even we are unaware of, but apparently something he does not want authorities to know. If we interfere we may get dragged into local politics deeper than we would ever want. Just think about it. Both of you, with due respect."
With the last sentence he looks from the Magistrate to Selina and back again.

He did not say aloud his latest theory about the Magistrate's "favour"; though. Maybe pardoning us would crack some pepper under the nose of one of his rivals or adversaries, he thought. So much the better for us.
Quote this message in a reply
(01-12-2018, 08:17 AM)Nacesh Wrote: Moving uncomfortably back and forth during the conversation, finally the spearman speaks up,
"Something's fishy here. If Agloval was so eager to hold back information about us then he may know something even we are unaware of, but apparently something he does not want authorities to know. If we interfere we may get dragged into local politics deeper than we would ever want. Just think about it. Both of you, with due respect."
With the last sentence he looks from the Magistrate to Selina and back again.

He did not say aloud his latest theory about the Magistrate's "favour"; though. Maybe pardoning us would crack some pepper under the nose of one of his rivals or adversaries, he thought. So much the better for us.

Forge was relieved to hear the Magistrate cave in to Selina's request.  He listened intently to Nacesh's thoughts and pondered a moment...  "If you are correct and Agloval does have information, then it may be important to us.  Commander Selina, if our business is finished here I wish to go back to the blacksmith shop."
"Important to us or not; I cannot tell; what I feel is more like information that he did not want us to learn either. Maybe it's related to some...thing... he did not want to drag us in. I daresay the less we know the better for us."

He almost blurted out "related to the rebellion" but soon enough he realised that incorrectly chosen words may cause serious trouble around this part of the multiverse.
[OoC: Sorry for my delay at posting.  Shifts were offered to me that I decided to accept.  I may need to have surgery on my foot so the extra hours may come in handy.]

Tomeal listens to Nacesh and replies quietly, "Or maybe Agloval is very loyal to Simon or he has similar goals and he didn't want betray Simon or mess up their plans.  I fear there are layers to what's going on that we are not aware of yet.  There are many things I'm curious about like why the Magistrate questions whether he has a soul and even stated that even if it exists it couldn't be drawn (to hell); why does it seem like the Magistrate caved into Selina's request so easily; why the ambassador seemed so interested in where we are from?  But I agree with Forge that we should leave."
- As I already said my arriving was an accident and I didn't know anything about this world before that. I also don't know so much about the shopkeeper but he was so kindful to me cos he repaired my armors.
Too many words for nothing let's go I want see Chris again!
[OoC: Hello?  Has everyone finished posting? ]
Betimi is keeping quiet deliberately, unwilling to discuss any more in front of the Magistrate.

"We should go, we did not have time to complete Selina or Forge's purchases. Nor I think did Sir Kee get his repaiers."
Ooc - Sorry, been slower to post past couple of days but Forge has said all that is important to him.

Forge waits quietly for the others...
Selina murmurs to her ad-hoc advisers.  "Nevertheless, he did, indeed, offer a sincere attempt at doing so.  Something is occurring in this place which makes me quite uneasy.   I do not trust the 'Magistrate' under any circumstances, but I'm certain we would all, including the two people held against their will in reference to us, like to return home as soon as possible."
Nacesh smiles almost immediately as Tomeal starts speaking but waits politely for him to finish.
"Exactly. Layers we are not aware of. And I say we better leave things like this."

OOC - I think everyone agrees that we are fine with not knowing anything more and not doing anything for Agloval or the smith. Just go home.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon