RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

[IC] New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
From the treasure pile Betimi picks up the mummified elvenhand strung on a cord, and asks if anyone objects to her keeping it.

[OoC The Hand of the Mage - 450 gp]
Quote this message in a reply
[OoC: I believe Jonath originally took the Mage Hand.  I can't recall if it was as part of his treasure or he was just using it until it found a home.  But since he's not around he's not going to object to you taking the Hand.  ]

Jonath looks around at all the objects in Simon's shop and seems particularly interested in the Janitor Construct.  He had always been interested in clockwork automatons but this technology far surpassed anything from his own world.  "I would be interested in helping," Jonath replies.  "In fact, I might want to stay and apprentice with you.  If I could learn how to create constructs like these and then take that knowledge back to my own world, it would be a game changer."

Tomeal replies, "Until we return home, I feel I am still in all of your debt for saving my life.  So I will go along with whatever the group decides."

Piper replies, "I want to get home to find out what happened to my people.  Whatever way will get me home the fastest is the way I want to go."  The two other kobolds nod and yip in agreement.
Betimi merely shrugs, looks at Selina , Nacesh, and Jonath.

"We began this journey together. I shall see you both safely home, as is our agreement as a company"

Looking a Gilley, Tomreal, Forge, Piper, and the two kobolds each in turn.

"Likewise, I will endeavour to see you back where you belong. It seems a horrible thing to die far from family and loved ones"

She pauses and gets that odd faraway look again. Yes, yes, I know the masters may already have found their world.
Let them cling to hope...
(07-12-2017, 04:24 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC: With this money, you can now do some shopping for magic items and other equipment.  Just give me a list of what you would like and I will let you know if it's available.  Most will be available but I reserve the right to veto anything to crazy.  Custom items will take time to not only create but to find someone willing to create the item.  This may seem like a high magic world but it's no Forgotten Realms.  And many spell casters in this world follow different magical traditions that may not be able to even cast the spell needed to create the item.  But in some cases items may be even cheaper to create if you find someone with a tradition that compliments what type of item you wish to create.  A wand of tongues would be a great item for a Communicatrix to create but not so much for an Elementarii who specialize in creating Elementals from any type of material.]

[OoC2: I do have some prestige classes too for some of these wizards.]

((How long do we have to wait before we gain our third level?  I've already decided on her class and everything except her feat.  Her choice of items will depend on getting her level, though.))

(07-13-2017, 04:09 AM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC: I believe Jonath originally took the Mage Hand.  I can't recall if it was as part of his treasure or he was just using it until it found a home.  But since he's not around he's not going to object to you taking the Hand.  ]

Jonath looks around at all the objects in Simon's shop and seems particularly interested in the Janitor Construct.  He had always been interested in clockwork automatons but this technology far surpassed anything from his own world.  "I would be interested in helping," Jonath replies.  "In fact, I might want to stay and apprentice with you.  If I could learn how to create constructs like these and then take that knowledge back to my own world, it would be a game changer."

Tomeal replies, "Until we return home, I feel I am still in all of your debt for saving my life.  So I will go along with whatever the group decides."

Piper replies, "I want to get home to find out what happened to my people.  Whatever way will get me home the fastest is the way I want to go."  The two other kobolds nod and yip in agreement.

Selina closes her eyes and breathes.  Yes, it was good to, generally, have a consensus about that.  But she wasn't surprised about it.  She was mildly surprised about Jonath's request, but she supposed his general silence up until this point had been awe or interest.  Regardless of this, she knew that staying was his choice, and tells him this specifically.  "Master Jonath, I pray you find all that you are searching for here.  There is no way we can compel you to join us back home, and we all know that.  But for the rest of us, I believe it is high-time we went back to where we belong."

(07-13-2017, 04:36 AM)Betimi Wrote: Betimi merely shrugs, looks at Selina , Nacesh, and Jonath.

"We began this journey together. I shall see you both safely home, as is our agreement as a company"

Looking a Gilley, Tomreal, Forge, Piper, and the two kobolds each in turn.  

"Likewise, I will endeavour to see you back where you belong. It seems a horrible thing to die far from family and loved ones"

She pauses and gets that odd faraway look again. Yes, yes, I know the masters may already have found their world.
Let them cling to hope...

Selina immediately feels a sharp pang when Betimi mentions 'family'.  She guards it well, but it is there for the briefest of instants.  No, she did have a home.  The Sisters of Selune would always welcome her home if...When she ever returned.
Gilley, likewise, feels an emotional pain at the mention of family, but he shakes it off, slapping Tomeal lightly on the shoulder. "This is the only family I'll be needing!" He's lived three lives up until now. He can live a fourth, if necessary. The effort of being jolly made his wounds ache. "Though, I think some rest is warranted."
Betimi nods at Gilley's suggestion.

"Sir Simon, do you mind if we setup 'camp' in that spare space you have downstairs. We need to rest, regain our strength, and then perhaps engange in some training and bartering."

""Once we have rested I also had something I wanted to discuss with you, it maylay right within your area of expertise.
Eek whispers into Piper's ears, and then the two of them move in among the shelving, where they can be heard whispering back and forth in their Draconic tongue.

Finally Eek comes out, looks back at Piper, sees Piper nod encouragingly.   Eek gulps audibly, then turns to face the party.. 

He stands with his feet squarely shoulder width apart, puffs up his chest boldly, puts his hands on his hips.. then speaks in his loudest voice.  It sounds like a small dog yapping, trying to form words that are foreign to his mouth.

"Name me Ningalu... not Eek!"

"Ningalu Baal.. EEEK!!" His bravery completely fades and he ducks behind the shelves to hide as soon as everyone looks at him.

A small voice comes out from the shelving "Baal'urki. Me call Ningalu Baal'urki. Help you Powaw say."
Betimi raises an eyebrow and looks at Piper.

"Piper? Are you certain? You have very few tribesmen remaining, to risk one getting killed?"
[OoC: Sorry Selina, I thought I answered your question but I guess I didn't.  You just have to sleep and in the morning you level up.  So you can level up now as there likely won't be any encounters unless you guys plan to go running off into the city.  Something I would suggest you should wait for because you all are still banged up.]

[OoC2: Reminder that everyone will gain from rest their (new) level times the modifier based upon the dice they roll for hit points:

d4 = x1
d6 = x1.5 (round down)
d8= x2
d10= x2.5 (round down)
d12= x3

So if Betimi who rolls a d6 rests, she will gain 3 (her level) x 1.5 = 4.5 (round down) or 4 hit points back from sleep.  I do this because normally you get 1 hit point per level back and it doesn't make sense that a wizard can heal faster than a barbarian just because the wizard has crappy hit points.  The modifier evens things out a little better.]

Quote:Selina closes her eyes and breathes.  Yes, it was good to, generally, have a consensus about that.  But she wasn't surprised about it.  She was mildly surprised about Jonath's request, but she supposed his general silence up until this point had been awe or interest.  Regardless of this, she knew that staying was his choice, and tells him this specifically.  "Master Jonath, I pray you find all that you are searching for here.  There is no way we can compel you to join us back home, and we all know that.  But for the rest of us, I believe it is high-time we went back to where we belong."

Jonath cocks an eye brow at Selina and replies, "I have no intention of staying here.  I know a little about clockwork constructs so I thought I might be able to learn and maybe even help Simon out a little with whatever he plans to do to get us back home.  I would imagine creating a portal back to our world would be difficult to say the least and Simon will need all the help he can get."  

Simon nods and replies, "Yes I could definitely use some assistance.  Especially from someone who knows how to activate ancient Magical Devices that have been found that may be of some use to you in your quest to return home."

Jonath smiles, "Well then even better.  I just so happen to have such skills."

Quote:Gilley, likewise, feels an emotional pain at the mention of family, but he shakes it off, slapping Tomeal lightly on the shoulder. "This is the only family I'll be needing!" He's lived three lives up until now. He can live a fourth, if necessary. The effort of being jolly made his wounds ache."Though, I think some rest is warranted."

Tomeal smiles and nods at Gilley kind words but when the ranger mentions needing rest he's reminded of his own wounds.  "Yes, but I think that some of use won't be at our best with only rest.  Does anyone have any magical healing that could help out?"

Piper holds up his hand and says, "I do have a few healing magics at my disposal.  I just need to know who requires the most aid.  I have only learnt how to cure light and moderate wounds."  He then turns to Simon to add, "I do not mean to show any disrespect to Jonath but I believe I am far more skilled at activating magical objects.  So I too will stay behind to help out with your experiments."

Jonath has seen Piper's display of power when he hasted the group and dispelled all of Unreth's protection spells.  So he agrees with Piper's assessment without taking any offence.  He found it weird agreeing with a Kobold since they are known to be racial enemies.  So much so that his kind train in ways to fight Kobolds. [Gnomes get +1 to hit Kobolds]

[OoC3:  My notes show that Jonath is off 14 hit points and Tomeal is off 7 hit points.  It doesn't look like Eek or Meek sustained any damage.]

Quote:Betimi nods at Gilley's suggestion.

"Sir Simon, do you mind if we setup 'camp' in that spare space you have downstairs. We need to rest, regain our strength, and then perhaps engange in some training and bartering."

""Once we have rested I also had something I wanted to discuss with you, it maylay right within your area of expertise.

Simon repiles, "Of course!  We have plenty of room here in the warehouse.  One of my friends who share this building has a Badger familiar that can help with purchasing some items.  I also use a flying messenger that can purchase others.  You might have seen one of those red, grinning, idiot faced creatures flying around the city.  What they lack in manners they make up for in... well... helpfulness?  And I would be happy to hear what you have to discuss."

When Eek finally speaks up for himself, Piper smiles.  But when Betimi expresses some concern he replies, "Ningalu and his brother has recently reached the age of personal choice.  I have no power over his decisions.  Some choose to remain with the clan while others wish to learn more about the world.  Ningalu has been inspired by the bravery shown by all of you in the battle against Unreth.  He wishes to offer his help for saving our clan from being eaten.  As for being the last of our kind, it's doubtful.  While you were exploring the lower caverns, I rescued my fellow Kobolds from the webbing in the chamber where your idiot friend died.  It won't take long for us to rebuild.  The one thing Kobold's are known for is our fecundity."
(07-19-2017, 05:51 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: [OoC2: Reminder that everyone will gain from rest their (new) level times the modifier based upon the dice they roll for hit points:

d4 = x1
d6 = x1.5 (round down)
d8= x2
d10= x2.5 (round down)
d12= x3

So if Betimi who rolls a d6 rests, she will gain 3 (her level) x 1.5 = 4.5 (round down) or 4 hit points back from sleep.  I do this because normally you get 1 hit point per level back and it doesn't make sense that a wizard can heal faster than a barbarian just because the wizard has crappy hit points.  The modifier evens things out a little better.]

[OoC1 K that makes sense, except binders get d8 hit ponts per level so i would heal 3 x 2 hp = 6 hp from rest]

(07-19-2017, 05:51 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
Quote:Selina closes her eyes and breathes.  Yes, it was good to, generally, have a consensus about that.  But she wasn't surprised about it.  She was mildly surprised about Jonath's request, but she supposed his general silence up until this point had been awe or interest.  Regardless of this, she knew that staying was his choice, and tells him this specifically.  "Master Jonath, I pray you find all that you are searching for here.  There is no way we can compel you to join us back home, and we all know that.  But for the rest of us, I believe it is high-time we went back to where we belong."

Jonath cocks an eye brow at Selina and replies, "I have no intention of staying here.  I know a little about clockwork constructs so I thought I might be able to learn and maybe even help Simon out a little with whatever he plans to do to get us back home.  I would imagine creating a portal back to our world would be difficult to say the least and Simon will need all the help he can get."  

Simon nods and replies, "Yes I could definitely use some assistance.  Especially from someone who knows how to activate ancient Magical Devices that have been found that may be of some use to you in your quest to return home."

Jonath smiles, "Well then even better.  I just so happen to have such skills."

Quote:Gilley, likewise, feels an emotional pain at the mention of family, but he shakes it off, slapping Tomeal lightly on the shoulder. "This is the only family I'll be needing!" He's lived three lives up until now. He can live a fourth, if necessary. The effort of being jolly made his wounds ache."Though, I think some rest is warranted."

Tomeal smiles and nods at Gilley kind words but when the ranger mentions needing rest he's reminded of his own wounds.  "Yes, but I think that some of use won't be at our best with only rest.  Does anyone have any magical healing that could help out?"

Piper holds up his hand and says, "I do have a few healing magics at my disposal.  I just need to know who requires the most aid.  I have only learnt how to cure light and moderate wounds."  He then turns to Simon to add, "I do not mean to show any disrespect to Jonath but I believe I am far more skilled at activating magical objects.  So I too will stay behind to help out with your experiments."

Jonath has seen Piper's display of power when he hasted the group and dispelled all of Unreth's protection spells.  So he agrees with Piper's assessment without taking any offence.  He found it weird agreeing with a Kobold since they are known to be racial enemies.  So much so that his kind train in ways to fight Kobolds. [Gnomes get +1 to hit Kobolds]

[OoC3:  My notes show that Jonath is off 14 hit points and Tomeal is off 7 hit points.  It doesn't look like Eek or Meek sustained any damage.]

[OoC2 Betimi is currently at 6 of 19 HP, so if resting will heal 6 hp she will be at 12/19 after rest.  7 HP off.]

(07-19-2017, 05:51 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
Quote:Betimi nods at Gilley's suggestion.

Simon repiles, "Of course!  We have plenty of room here in the warehouse.  One of my friends who share this building has a Badger familiar that can help with purchasing some items.  I also use a flying messenger that can purchase others.  You might have seen one of those red, grinning, idiot faced creatures flying around the city.  What they lack in manners they make up for in... well... helpfulness?  And I would be happy to hear what you have to discuss."

"Thank you Sir Simon.  I do not need to send a messenger into the city, except perhaps to by rations. In regards top that other matter, we shall talk more privately. It is of a delicate nature."

(07-19-2017, 05:51 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: When Eek finally speaks up for himself, Piper smiles.  But when Betimi expresses some concern he replies, "Ningalu and his brother has recently reached the age of personal choice.  I have no power over his decisions.  Some choose to remain with the clan while others wish to learn more about the world.  Ningalu has been inspired by the bravery shown by all of you in the battle against Unreth.  He wishes to offer his help for saving our clan from being eaten.  As for being the last of our kind, it's doubtful.  While you were exploring the lower caverns, I rescued my fellow Kobolds from the webbing in the chamber where your idiot friend died.  It won't take long for us to rebuild.  The one thing Kobold's are known for is our fecundity."

"I am relieved to hear this Piper. I had worried we had failed you in our promise"

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon