RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

[IC] New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
The young Cactacae bows his head to think what to do and after a few moments he says, "Advise is always useful.  But I cannot accept your help with running the Smith.  The militia suspect all of you have some connection to the resistance.  Isn't that why you were originally captured?  Your presents here would invite unwanted scrutiny upon the shop.  I must try to honor my father by continuing his collaboration with the Resistance but I can't do that if you are always being watched."  

"Who is Chris?" the young Cactacae asks.
Quote this message in a reply
Meanwhile, Nacesh waits patiently outside, having a glance at Eek occasionally but most of the time just observing whatever happens on the street. Are there simple but able-bodied people around this part of the multiverse? Humans, elves, half-elves... at least some female attractive enough to act as eye candy for the spearman?
(02-20-2018, 09:26 AM)Nacesh Wrote: Meanwhile, Nacesh waits patiently outside, having a glance at Eek occasionally but most of the time just observing whatever happens on the street. Are there simple but able-bodied people around this part of the multiverse? Humans, elves, half-elves... at least some female attractive enough to act as eye candy for the spearman?

[Spot [1d20+5] = 13+5 = 18 to notice Nacesh watching him more carefully than he does others]
[Sense Motive [1d20] = 10 to understand why]

Noticing Nacesh trying to watch him out of the corner of his eye, Ningalu pokes his head out of hiding.

"Why are you watching me so much?" he asks in Draconic, knowing Nacesh is fluent in Ningalu's native tongue. He seems agitated.

"You give away where I am hiding to anyone watching you. Rude."

[OoC in game terms you are actually preventing me from using Hide, denying one of your own teammates one of their best skills.]
(02-16-2018, 09:54 PM)GM Marvel Wrote: The young Cactacae bows his head to think what to do and after a few moments he says, "Advise is always useful.  But I cannot accept your help with running the Smith.  The militia suspect all of you have some connection to the resistance.  Isn't that why you were originally captured?  Your presents here would invite unwanted scrutiny upon the shop.  I must try to honor my father by continuing his collaboration with the Resistance but I can't do that if you are always being watched."  

"Who is Chris?" the young Cactacae asks.

- He is cheetah and my best friend.
Nacesh looks around at the people passing by and except for humans, he doesn't recognize any of the typical races from his home world.  The majority were humans and a horde of badgers but the others were a mixture of Vodyanoi (Frog People), Khepri; Scarab-Headed women [always] who are occasionally accompanied by one or two, 2-foot-long Scarabs that scuttle along at the women's feet.  The women do not seem to pay the insectile animals any mind and you even spot a one Khepri kick at one of the little creatures in disgust and frustration.  Even less does Nacesh spots a few Wyrmen (red flying gargoyle thingies) flying around the skies, as well as  few Cactacae and ReMades.  But no Elves, Dwarves, Kobold's or War Forged.  You can't help but think how your group must be very easy to track.  Everyone seems to take some amount of notice of your presence.  

When Kee mentions his cat the young Cactace replies, "There was a dog here that seemed to be protecting a Cheetah.  It was the weirdest thing.  The dog wouldn't let anyone come near the cat.  Then some people arrived and the dog just seemed to relax.  They said they were friends of yours.  Then one of them who looked like a lizard began playing some music and the cat left with them."
Selina had been quiet for awhile, not really knowing what to do about the young...erm, cactus creature(?)'s predicament.  But when he mentions the dog, Selina blinks several times in confusion...then once more in shock.  "Did you say a dog?  It cannot be.  He followed us even here?  Is the dog still out there?"
"It sounds like the dog followed us here from Simon's workshop, then Piper, and Gilley came to check on us and retrieved your dog and Chris. You are aware the dog is yours, or at least considers you its pack leader right?"
"Yes, of course I understand that.  But to follow us into caves and through portals?..."
Kee is just listening he hopes that he could learn more about this lizard and the other folks.
(02-21-2018, 07:32 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Selina had been quiet for awhile, not really knowing what to do about the young...erm, cactus creature(?)'s predicament.  But when he mentions the dog, Selina blinks several times in confusion...then once more in shock.  "Did you say a dog?  It cannot be.  He followed us even here?  Is the dog still out there?"

"Yeah, I'm sure it was a dog," The Cacatae replies.  "I'm positive the dog left with the short lizard, the guy with the bow and the cheetah.  I think the lizard was talking to the animals and what's stranger is I think they were barking and meowing back at him.  Then they left."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon