RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average

[IC] New Crobuzon & the World Beyond
Sense Motive [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3
Nacesh nodded at the seemingly innocent benevolence of the magistrate. Whatever his plans were to remain his own, his precious.

Upon retrieving his spear and heeding the Magistrate's advice to store it he thought about the possibility. Storing an oversized walking stick? Finally, he removed his backpack, fastened the spear to the side the best he could, and equipped the backpack again.

Upon listening to the story about the armoury he asked,
"So the smith is under arrest but his son still runs the place?"
(OOC - that's how I understood when you mentioned his son)

Agloval's fate was of little concern to the spearman, at least, much less of a concern than those that shared his fate of being sucked into a violent world. Risking all their lives in an attempt to free him? Sounded like futility. Even if the party of meager dabblers, everyone of their own arts, would be able to achieve a feat like overthrowing a tyranny here, what for? Nacesh felt like leaving plane of existence for good, so he showed even less interest in local politics than in Cantus, which, on the other hand, was not much, either.

Still feeling indebted to this questionably benevolent magistrate, he silently followed the others around. He could feel that Mil was scared. Scared of losing safety due to his master's own uncertainty. So he shuffled carefully through the food, picking something that sounded like a nice treat for the lizard, and fed him, not really paying attention on what the rest are about.
Quote this message in a reply
Selina blinks at the Magistrate as if he still didn't get it.  "What we have been trying to tell you since the beginning is that we had no interest in coming to this place.  We were seeking a way to get away from a water-filled cavern and now we only seek a way home.  We have always been seeking a way home.  I feel we must be appreciative at the very least for your assistance with the 'Ambassador.'  Is there any task we may be able to accomplish for you in return for the aid you provided us?"
(01-04-2018, 03:38 PM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: Selina blinks at the Magistrate as if he still didn't get it.  "What we have been trying to tell you since the beginning is that we had no interest in coming to this place.  We were seeking a way to get away from a water-filled cavern and now we only seek a way home.  We have always been seeking a way home.  I feel we must be appreciative at the very least for your assistance with the 'Ambassador.'  Is there any task we may be able to accomplish for you in return for the aid you provided us?"

"It was my understanding you had business in New Crobuzon.  Was it armor or weapons you sought to be made by the Shop Keeper?  Such things don't get forged overnight.  If my information is wrong then please forgive me.  As for what you can do for me, I did not help you for any kind of payment or so you would owe me a favor at some later time.  I helped you because I chose to.  I would be curious to know where you plan to go to from here?  Of course if you don't trust me, I completely understand and won't mention it again.  But if shared with me at least a few of your plans I may be able to be of additional help."

Tomeal will whisper to whomever is close by him, "It doesn't seem right that the frog-man and the prickly-man should suffer for simply trying to help us.  The Magistrate said Agloval resisted giving them information which likely made his torture worse and the Shop Keeper was captured simply because Kee was sent to him by Rebels so he could fix his equipment cheap!  What's happened to them is pretty much our fault!"
Betimi shrugs.

In a deep gravelly voice she replies.

"We were simply looking to restock and re-equip before we begin work with Simon on a way home."

To Tomreal she just gives a barely perceptible nod of agreement.
"Our intention was to secure provisions at an armourer, but not necessarily one on this plane.  We had no idea we would be traveling here and so we sought out one who could assist us here."

She then turns to Tomeal and sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose in mild disquiet and annoyance.  There is a sad resignation in her voice as she whispers back  "You are correct.  But what would you have me do?  Shall we appeal for their clemency so soon after appealing for our own?  That may result in reversing what work we have accomplished so far in returning home.  That would help no one."
(01-05-2018, 04:09 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: "Our intention was to secure provisions at an armourer, but not necessarily one on this plane.  We had no idea we would be traveling here and so we sought out one who could assist us here."

"Regardless, you did come here and have made plans that will require you to wait perhaps a week before departing to where ever you plan to go to find a way back to your world.  Me offering insight upon your situation was not to dispute that you want to leave.  I was only attempting to impress upon you how important it was that your exit from this world be at your earliest possible convenience.   Perhaps in time, as more breaches open and the inevitable contact by outworlders become more commonplace, attitudes will change.  I do hope that day comes..."

Selina Wrote:She then turns to Tomeal and sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose in mild disquiet and annoyance.  There is a sad resignation in her voice as she whispers back  "You are correct.  But what would you have me do?  Shall we appeal for their clemency so soon after appealing for our own?  That may result in reversing what work we have accomplished so far in returning home.  That would help no one."

Tomeal listens to Selina and shakes his head.  "With all due respect but you are mistaken because appealing to have them released might certainly help them go home to their families.  So please forgive me if I'm wrong, but truthfully don't you really mean that asking for clemency won't really do anything to help you or us? I'm not trying to be confrontational. I respect you all very much. It's one of the reasons why I decided I wanted to help this group after you rescued me. I think all of you are very good people and I'm afraid in your desire to want to leave this world you might be a little overly cautious. In the end, I will follow whatever final decision the group decides. And it might not be my place but I don't want you to do something you will regret later.
"Agloval act like loyal den-mate. Protect us when not have to. Kobolds help den mates, it what makes kobolds kobolds.  He wierd, funny looking den-mate, but so are rest of you. Ningalu want to help Agloval and plant man."
(01-05-2018, 05:36 PM)GM Marvel Wrote:
(01-05-2018, 04:09 AM)Selina Parcellus Wrote: "Our intention was to secure provisions at an armourer, but not necessarily one on this plane.  We had no idea we would be traveling here and so we sought out one who could assist us here."

"Regardless, you did come here and have made plans that will require you to wait perhaps a week before departing to where ever you plan to go to find a way back to your world.  Me offering insight upon your situation was not to dispute that you want to leave.  I was only attempting to impress upon you how important it was that your exit from this world be at your earliest possible convenience.   Perhaps in time, as more breaches open and the inevitable contact by outworlders become more commonplace, attitudes will change.  I do hope that day comes..."

Selina Wrote:She then turns to Tomeal and sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose in mild disquiet and annoyance.  There is a sad resignation in her voice as she whispers back  "You are correct.  But what would you have me do?  Shall we appeal for their clemency so soon after appealing for our own?  That may result in reversing what work we have accomplished so far in returning home.  That would help no one."

Tomeal listens to Selina and shakes his head.  "With all due respect but you are mistaken because appealing to have them released might certainly help them go home to their families.  So please forgive me if I'm wrong, but truthfully don't you really mean that asking for clemency won't really do anything to help you or us?  I'm not trying to be confrontational.  I respect you all very much.  It's one of the reasons why I decided I wanted to help this group after you rescued me.  I think all of you are very good people and I'm afraid in your desire to want to leave this world you might be a little overly cautious. In the end, I will follow whatever final decision the group decides.  And it might not be my place but I don't want you to do something you will regret later.

Selina looks away briefly in thought, and sighs once more.  This was why she needed someone like Tomeal with her.  He provided a valid, intelligent, sound viewpoint when she needed to be chastised for being fatalistic.  She finally nods.  "Yes, you are correct."  She then turns to the Magistrate.  "Regardless of the apparent facts, we were forced to make the best of a rather poor situation for ourselves and discovered soon that we were forced to rely on others.  These others have been treated poorly simply because of our mere presence on this plane.  So your information is wrong in that sense.  I know not what circumstances surround master Kee's presence here, but I believe that he came here in a similar fashion, forced by a planar rift that he was unable to control.  This has all been a matter of "Wrong place, wrong time" and a number of the citizens of this city have now suffered as a result.  I...request clemency for master Agloval and the shop keeper in question."
Ningalu and Tomeal spoke true. Forge stepped up close behind Selina, using his size and dense adamantine body to emphasize her "request." Letting her know, and the Magistrate as well, that he too felt the injustice of these punishments was too much for these beings who offered them help. While he didn't know Agloval well or the blacksmith for the matter, Forge was not accustomed to leaving anyone behind, there was something in his nature that called him to protect others even if he had failed in the past.
"You are placing me in a very difficult position.  I may be a Magistrate but my powers do have limits.  Magistrates dispense punishments.  Usually ReMakings.  They don't generally rescue rebels from interrogations.  Agloval would be much easier to have released since the only thing he did wrong was withholding information about you.  Now that you've been pardoned the authorities may feel that pursuing charges would be pointless.  The Smith however is a rebel collaborator.  The information he holds could bring down the resistance!"  He looks at each of your faces until finally his eyes rest upon Selina.  "This is an incredibly difficult task.  Even asking questions could place suspicion and intense scrutiny upon me."  The Magistrate continues to watch Selina.  "I could lose my position."  Finally he sighs deeply and rolls his eyes,  "Fine. I will see what I can do."

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon