RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
Merri keeps her reply calm and measured. "Yes, I understand that you are new to the group, but you were chosen for a reason. You are not some commoner randomly pulled from a crowd. I already hold you in esteem as a fellow practitioner of the Art. Everyone is new at first. Why should you feel the need to act differently because of it? It is counter-productive. You have my respect. You should have to wait to be asked."

(In her defense, I know you busted the top off that knowledge roll. Merri doesn't know the extent of your knowledge. In her worldview, hierarchy exists to organize a group more efficiently and complete common goals. It is not a hard and fast rule used to impose their will and protect their pride like humans are prone to do. Sure Merri is just as arrogant and prideful as other Gold Elves. Yes she is better than everyone else because she is an elf, but she still recognizes the usefuless and abilities of the lesser races. She expects everyone to perform their role without being asked because that is just how it is. I try to view the world through her lense rather than just play a human with pointed ears. Sometimes that ends up coming across as dickish. Wink )

"I do understand your trepidation at facing it in its lair. I share some of those concerns as well. We all expect traps and pitfalls. Both of my proposals have their drawbacks. Facing a dragon is no easy task no matter how you present it. I do not agree with running back to the people who have asked us to deal with their problem. They either know nothing of value or have withheld such information because they wish us to fail."
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - by Merrinna Starsong - 05-12-2017, 11:55 AM