RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
(04-24-2017, 01:03 PM)Portho Nihilbuck Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 06:16 AM)Toot Wrote: [OoC: Actually I did mention the possibility of it being an Advanced Chimera...  Undecided ]

Toot looks at Portho and says, "Why Gnomes thing they center of universe.  Me already stated that me is good at speaking with rats.  But me completely understand if Gnome feel his extra special speak with animals would some how impress the highly impressionable rats in sharing more information.  Cuz we all know how rats appreciate someone who think they better than everyone else cuz they can speak to more creatures than just rats."

"Excuse me for thinking a druid might have noticed there were more animals about than just rats.'

"Oo Like two old men we are LOL... finding time to bicker while hunting a dragon heheC"

"There are more animals out here but why would Toot look for those animals first when Toot has special relationship with rats!  But if fox or rabbit shows up, no worry, Toot will summon Portho post-haste to handle the problem."

(04-24-2017, 08:02 AM)DM Surranó Wrote: If Toot is willing to draw further from the party, including Big Frightening Bear behind, he manages to lure some rats to himself with food. Apparently these tiny creatures are much harder to frighten than large game. (OOC - or the DM just rolled favourably Smile )

The idea of a chimera causing trouble around here occurs to Portho based on what little he's overheard of those creatures so far; but based on what Toot and Giant share about the tracks such a chimera would be at least twice the size of a usual one.

[OoC: Toot will step carefully away from the others but he will be sure to have his fully loaded repeating crossbow ready.  Rats are tiny and Toot feels comfortable dealing with them but it's the other creatures that might be lurking in the area that he's concerned with jumping out at him.]

When Toot finds a rat he will determine how friendly the rat is with him.  Toot will take the time to get the rat to be at least friendly but helpful would be even better.  Toot will then say in rat, "Me have more food that me will share.  First me want to introduce friend..."  Toot motions toward Portho.  "He think you most clever and cunning.  Certainly more clever and cunning than HE could ever hope to be in a million-trillion years.  In fact he have better chance being struck by lightning then come up with an original thought but he would like to chat with you anyways."  Toot tosses the rat a piece of ration then continues.  "We spotted these burn marks on grass.  Do you know what made marks?  If not, maybe you know what creature looks like that made marks?"
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - by Toot - 04-24-2017, 03:49 PM