RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
(04-21-2017, 02:14 PM)Silent Giant Wrote: Acid? Hm. - he whispers

OOC - You're really not kidding, first an iron golem, and now a black dragon, fine Smile

((OOC - unless it's a chimaera.  Or a rot worm.  Or a Green dragon.))

(04-21-2017, 08:01 PM)Toot Wrote: Toot strokes the few hairs growing from his chin and then says, "Can one of you who is schooled in Arcane Knowledge tell if black patches caused by something magical (like a spell or dragon breath)?"

[OoC: Assuming that Toot's Knowledge: Nature would have revealed if these marks were created by something from the natural world, he will use his Skill in Spellcraft to see if he can Identify the spell or effect.   He will also use Knowledge: Nature to learn whatever he can about the bugs; how long they have been munching on the corpse; if there is anything special about the bugs; etc.  Toot will also use Heal skill to determine any more information about the corpses such as length of time they've been dead; cause of death if it's different than just acid (perhaps the creature used acid to cover up bite marks or something).

SpellCraft +11 = 26!
Knowledge: Nature +13 = 27!
Heal +7 = 9  Lets hope I can take 10.  Tongue   If not, then maybe someone else can check because Heal is a skill that can be used untrained.]

Shanna nods silently, knowing that here, in the forests, the little gnomish creature is far more in his element than she.  She slips her mind into Arcane sight, attempting to discern if the burn marks and black patches were of arcane origin, whether spell or arcane creature, or simply an effect brought about through arcane magic.

Know(arcana): [1d20+17] = 16+17 = 33!!, Spellcraft: [1d20+17] = 14+17 = 31!!

[[From the previous thread, when Cranberry asks her and Merri to 'control' SG.]]
"I make no promises, but I will do what I can.  Enchantment is not one of my capabilities."
Quote this message in a reply

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees - by Shanna Rendin - 04-21-2017, 09:27 PM