RPG Addicts | We Know You're Hooked

Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account   Login to account

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[IC] Chapter 2-4: You Hear Them Whispering in the Crowns of the Trees
Toot was very hesitant but he leaves Boo behind.  Waving goodbye, Toot skulks off with Portho toward the copse of trees.  At some point Toot realizes Portho and him were not as alone as they should be.  Toot slowly cranes his neck back to lock his gaze upon Giant so he could flash him a, WTF look.  Then without a word, Toot points behind them in a scolding manner, to a spot about 40' away.  

After Giant gives them some space he gives Portho an exaggerated eye roll.  Toot then begins to initiate his Wild Empathy [+8] to try to befriend some of this creatures.  Since he looked so small (Diminutive, actually), Toot did not think that the larger animals would be scared of him but he had to approach within 30' so both he and the animal could observe each other.  So to make himself even less significant and scary, Toot decides to crawl [Pass without Trace; Woodland Stride] toward the animals, being careful to pause at any time the animals seem skiddish.  Jermlaine also had many ratlike characteristics but Toot would use his Hat to enhance his ratlike qualities in the hopes it would help put the animals at ease.

[OoC: Toot will be making active Spot +7 and Listen +7 checks. ]
Quote this message in a reply
Toot approaches a venerable female elk. She doesn't seem to be much concerned about the ratlike creature.

Ooc - we rolled 13+8 but shouldn't it be 6? (druid level plus cha mod). Doesn't matter now, dc 15 for indifference and dc 25 for friendliness, just to clarify.
Ooc2 - I'm not convinced you can use trackless step or woodland stride while crawling. More on this in ooc thread.
(05-03-2017, 04:32 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Ooc - we rolled 13+8 but shouldn't it be 6? (druid level plus cha mod). Doesn't matter now, dc 15 for indifference and dc 25 for friendliness, just to clarify.

[OoC: Synergy...

If you have 5 or more ranks in Handle Animal (Toot has 10 Ranks), you get a +2 bonus on Ride checks and wild empathy checks. ]

Toot will continue to observe the Elk, offer it food, etc. to try to make it even friendlier.
Looks like that's the best Toot could achieve with this elderly grazer.
(05-03-2017, 02:35 PM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 12:45 PM)Lugar Wrote: OoC - I thought it was just going to be the two, Toot and Portho.
OOC - Me to, but nobody said it to Giant yet Wink

- You must stay with me, coz my spell bind us closely.

ooc - Torin didn't cast the spell yet Tongue
(05-03-2017, 07:44 PM)DM Surranó Wrote: Looks like that's the best Toot could achieve with this elderly grazer.

Toot will offer the Elk food while Portho speaks with the animals.
Merri continues to watch the trees. "Wendy."
(05-03-2017, 09:46 PM)Torin Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 12:45 PM)Lugar Wrote: OoC - I thought it was just going to be the two, Toot and Portho.

Hm? How closely? - (ooc - very closely Smile)
Portho hangs just a few feet back, keeping perfectly still while Toot offers the elk food.

He makes a soothing sound, then whuffs at her and grunts... sounding calm and soothing, if somewhet odd.
"We mean no harm, the little one has some food for you. We are here to help..."

[Handle Animal (aid another) [1d20+5] = 17+5 = 22]
(05-04-2017, 11:22 AM)Silent Giant Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 09:46 PM)Torin Wrote:

Hm? How closely? - (ooc - very closely Smile)

Torin leaves 35 (ooc - 35 is not a typo Big Grin ) feet from SG and says: - You have to stay so close.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon